Current URM students taking Q's

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Thirteen

Re: Current URM students taking Q's

Postby Thirteen » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:40 pm

whattheheck wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:le bump for Q's

It's been said to obtain outlines from 2L's prior to the beginning of the school year once you find out who your professor's are but how does one go about do this? Is it something that you simply ask for or is money always involved?

Talk to 2L's in the library, at bar reviews, and whenever you see them. They'll usually offer to send them your way.

raperez129

Postby raperez129 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Thirteen wrote:
jgloster wrote:I would like to ask, how racist are law school students (if this hasn't been asked already). Are they anything like the people on this board?

I'm a 1L at a school in Texas, and I have yet to encounter overt or subtle racism. I hang with everyone during the day at school and on the weekends, and couldn't be having a better time (other than legal writing, haha). For me, it hasn't been an issue at all.

+1

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:25 pm

raperez129 wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
jgloster wrote:I would like to ask, how racist are law school students (if this hasn't been asked already). Are they anything like the people on this board?

I'm a 1L at a school in Texas, and I have yet to encounter overt or subtle racism. I hang with everyone during the day at school and on the weekends, and couldn't be having a better time (other than legal writing, haha). For me, it hasn't been an issue at all.

+1

I tend to think the ignorance required for overt racism isn't consistent with the high levels of education and achievement needed to get into top law schools. Even people who have some kind of racist beliefs usually know better than to actually express them these days.

Then again, Marcus Epstein nearly got to attend a T14...

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”