Any URM set on UT? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
flagirl

New

Any URM set on UT?

Post by flagirl » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 am

I was at admitted students weekend and I loved UT but was kind of disappointed at the URM turn out at ASW. So I'm trying to see if I get more luck here so we can get acquainted and figure out whose actually ready to submit that deposit. I know I am. FUN FACT: UT has admitted a record number of African-American students this year.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Re: Any URM set on UT?

Post by OperaAttorney » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:56 pm

flagirl wrote:I was at admitted students weekend and I loved UT but was kind of disappointed at the URM turn out at ASW. So I'm trying to see if I get more luck here so we can get acquainted and figure out whose actually ready to submit that deposit. I know I am. FUN FACT: UT has admitted a record number of African-American students this year.
I'm a URM (African American) and a 1L at UT. Feel free to ask me questions via PM.

flagirl

New

Post by flagirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Thanks I definitely will

Havaianas

Bronze

Post by Havaianas » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Where did you get the info on a record number of AA admits? I just visited and was a bit surprised about the low presence as well....

Havaianas

Bronze

Post by Havaianas » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:44 pm

I've talked to a few people on this topic now but I'm still totally torn. Feelings on diversity are so personal its hard to gauge others reactions.

Maybe stanford will come through and I won't have to make a decision at all:)

flagirl

New

Post by flagirl » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:35 am

yeah ultimately i picked emory

legalized

Bronze

Post by legalized » Sun May 02, 2010 5:11 pm

flagirl wrote:I was at admitted students weekend and I loved UT but was kind of disappointed at the URM turn out at ASW. So I'm trying to see if I get more luck here so we can get acquainted and figure out whose actually ready to submit that deposit. I know I am. FUN FACT: UT has admitted a record number of African-American students this year.
I was very happy to discover them while playing around with the electronic ABA Guide search on who has high pass rates and high amounts of financial aid they give away...til other research informed me that it would only make sense to go there if I plan to practice law in Ohio. Noooo thanks.

windowshopper

New

Post by windowshopper » Mon May 03, 2010 12:18 am

I'm a URM (Mex-Am) and will be attending in the fall. Which deposit are you referring to? I don't know if I can afford a second seat deposit! :( From the looks of the facebook group, there are quite a few URMs set on UT already.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”