What are my chances at a couple tier 1 and tier 2 schools? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
princess1

New

What are my chances at a couple tier 1 and tier 2 schools?

Post by princess1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:46 pm

I am a Hispanic female with a LSAC gpa of 3.77 and a LSAT score of 153. I asked all of the schools that I applied to to wait and review my application until they received my Feb. LSAT score in March, which unfortunately ended up being a 151 . . . despite the fact that I was scoring 160+ on practice tests. What are my chances of getting into UC Irvine, UC Hastings, UC Davis, Pepperdine, USD, and Loyola? Do I even have a shot at these schools?

1ferret!

Bronze

Re: What are my chances at a couple tier 1 and tier 2 schools?

Post by 1ferret! » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:45 pm

very slim

Xnegd

Bronze

Re: What are my chances at a couple tier 1 and tier 2 schools?

Post by Xnegd » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:49 pm

I think Peperdine is your best bet. Your LSAT is an auto reject at the other schools (besides Loyola, which I know nothing about).

Write your P.S. about how much you love Kenn Star, that'll help (if you can stomach it that is).

Edit - Oh, USD you might get waitlisted. Work really hard on your essay.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”