Chances at Howard

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
poeticjustice88

Chances at Howard

Postby poeticjustice88 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:10 pm

I applied to Howard (it's my top choice) back in January but just found out two weeks ago that there was an issue with my school releasing my transcript so I finally got it straightened out and they have my completed application/report and I am FINALLY "complete" as of today... so I guess the wait re-starts.

I did get an email from the dean back in November (through CRS I'm assuming) with a fee waiver and it mentioned scholarships so I hope that's a good indicator.

Considering it is so late in the admissions cycle, what do you guys think my odds are of getting accepted (and more importantly getting some $$$) I'm black/hispanic female 155/3.67 - solid extracurrics/internships/LORs

Miznitic

Re: Chances at Howard

Postby Miznitic » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 pm

[strike]With a 155 LSAT and a marginal GPA? It would be a miracle if you got accepted.[/strike]

Nevermind. I'm stuck on stupid today, I read Howard as Harvard.
Last edited by Miznitic on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jph408

Postby Jph408 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:09 pm

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your GPA and LSAt are near or above their 75th percentiles. You will probably even get a nice merit scholarship.

If you want to see the number of the applicants they are accepting, ehck out LSN.

poeticjustice88

Postby poeticjustice88 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:25 am

Thanks, I was pretty confident at first but kind of got thrown for a curveball with this transcript situation because I've read on here people who are at 75+ not getting accepted or not getting money simply bc of how late they applied. And then of course the increase in applicants. I hope I hear something soon. :/

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”