Puerto Rican URM Information/ what are my chances?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Mr. Pinstripe

New

Puerto Rican URM Information/ what are my chances?

Postby Mr. Pinstripe » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Hey everyone. Long time lurker on the site, but never posted anything. I was curious about how big of a factor does being a Puerto Rican play in acceptance into the T14. Obviously, I am one. Currently, I have a 3.6 gpa at a top 10 public university (this should go up a bit by the time I graduate), and am involved in a couple of internships as well as volunteering a lot. I also work about 10-15 hours a week as a manager at a dealership. My letters of rec. are solid, and my personal statement is decent to average. I am at the moment most interested in Georgetown, and am curious about what LSAT score I would need to have a really good shot at acceptance (although any info about the other T14 would be appreciated too). I am obviously going to try my hardest (Last practice test, I got a 158...not great, I know), but am looking for the ground floor of LSAT scores I suppose. I do not see much info for Puerto Ricans. I see a lot for African Americans, but correct me if I am wrong, they are, as one user put it, "The holy grail of URMS". So, that information is mostly unhelpful to me, correct? Thanks for any info everyone.

CG614

Silver

Re: Puerto Rican URM Information/ what are my chances?

Postby CG614 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Mr. Pinstripe wrote:Hey everyone. Long time lurker on the site, but never posted anything. I was curious about how big of a factor does being a Puerto Rican play in acceptance into the T14. Obviously, I am one. Currently, I have a 3.6 gpa at a top 10 public university (this should go up a bit by the time I graduate), and am involved in a couple of internships as well as volunteering a lot. I also work about 10-15 hours a week as a manager at a dealership. My letters of rec. are solid, and my personal statement is decent to average. I am at the moment most interested in Georgetown, and am curious about what LSAT score I would need to have a really good shot at acceptance (although any info about the other T14 would be appreciated too). I am obviously going to try my hardest (Last practice test, I got a 158...not great, I know), but am looking for the ground floor of LSAT scores I suppose. I do not see much info for Puerto Ricans. I see a lot for African Americans, but correct me if I am wrong, they are, as one user put it, "The holy grail of URMS". So, that information is mostly unhelpful to me, correct? Thanks for any info everyone.

3.55/167 PR here, just got into NYU today! Get that LSAT up and apply early and you will be golden.

PS. I do have some really good softs, but if you get 167+ on LSATs and apply early enough, you should be set.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum�