A lot to consider...

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)

A lot to consider...

Postby eat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:20 pm

I have my eye on a select few schools (Georgetown, Texas-Austin, Colorado, Boston College) but need some guidance as to where I can realistically expect to get in, and (better yet) where I might have a realistic shot at scholarships.

UGPA will be around 3.4-3.5 upon completion from a state college here in Denver, LSAT practice scores have been 167, 171, and 175, I'm a gay white male, and HIV/AIDS+. All things considered, what can I reasonably expect?

Re: A lot to consider...

Postby MURPH » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:35 am

My GPA is worse than yours and the same top LSAT. I am a straight w.m. with 12 years work and military experience. I got inot some good schools so far -UCLA, W+L, Minnesota and waitlisted at UVA. I have been rejected at some top 10 school and have not heard from others. I got rejected at BU as well. You might see similar results with maybe a shot at a top 10 school, acceptance to most T10-20 schools and scholarships sprinkled throughout.

If you can pull a 175 on the real test you will be in great shape for applications next cycle. I recommend studying non stop until June. Study as if your future depends on this one test. Getting you applications in by the first week of September is also beneficial. Get your LORs submitted now. Teachers are screwballs and if you wait until summer they might take 4 months to get it done. Take an LSAT prep course if you can. Knock around a couple of ideas for a PS now and then work on it seriously after the June LSAT. Good luck.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”