Contacting URM alums

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
unknownscholar

Contacting URM alums

Postby unknownscholar » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:55 pm

I recently applied to some T10s, and came across a bulletin on one of their websites that had information on some members of the graduating class, their experiences, and where they were heading upon graduating. I came across a fellow URM from my hometown. I don't know him, of course, but would really like to learn more about his experiences. This definitely wouldn't be for any type of backdoor stuff, I'm just curious is all because it appears that we have a few things in common (with exception to the fact that I haven't a practical chance of being admitted to his alma mater--which is fine---I only applied to it as a reach). Since this guy's firm was listed on the bulletin, I was able to look up his work email, but I'm wondering if this is appropriate.

I know it might be better to wait until after the decision comes, but then I think it seems kind of pitiful contacting someone, only for them to find out, first, that I was rejected at their school. I rather establish the contact first.

What would you do?

hiromoto45

Re: Contacting URM alums

Postby hiromoto45 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:03 pm

You make it sound like you are asking someone for a date...just contact the person.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”