GLBT: C/O 2015, Grindr/Manhunt, and More

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
paulinaporizkova

Re: GLBT: C/O 2014, Grindr/Manhunt, and More

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:55 pm

gin wrote:
quidestveritas wrote:Why are gay men so anti relationship? I hope its not only my experience but 90% of the guys I sleep with don't "believe in relationships" and then if I play the courting game of dating without sex the farthest I have gotten is maybe 5 dates. I have come to understand the hotter someone is the less likely it will turn into anything substantial. Does this mean I will never find my knight in shining armor and have matching Volvos with cute Asian babies?

If your looking for a long term relationship you will never find one. But if you decide to concentrate on your career you'll be married (depending on what state you are ofcourse) within 6 months

TITCR

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:58 pm

I think there should be an LGBT Class of 2014 thread on TLS, just like the TLS Class of 2014 thread, so we can all find out where everyone else is going. (I'm most likely heading to Virginia, so I might need a tiny support system.)

Because Virginia is for lovers, straight lovers that is.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:59 pm

forward

Postby forward » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:01 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:I think there should be an LGBT Class of 2014 thread on TLS, just like the TLS Class of 2014 thread, so we can all find out where everyone else is going. (I'm most likely heading to Virginia, so I might need a tiny support system.)

This is a great idea. Do you want to make the thread? xD

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:04 pm

forward wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:I think there should be an LGBT Class of 2014 thread on TLS, just like the TLS Class of 2014 thread, so we can all find out where everyone else is going. (I'm most likely heading to Virginia, so I might need a tiny support system.)

sure! i'll get started

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:07 pm

YCrevolution wrote:

Addendum: Straight white (maybe black, but never interracial) lovers.

But, you'll have meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Plus, I get along much better with the L's here than the G's.

adjusted a bit further. also, PM'd :)

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:18 pm

forward wrote:

Created! Let me know what you think, y'all

tgir

Postby tgir » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:50 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
forward wrote:

Sorry, maybe a stupid question, but where is it?

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:53 pm

tgir wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
forward wrote:

Sorry, maybe a stupid question, but where is it?

it's in the underrepresented forum, so go to TLS forums and it's a bit ways down the page

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:53 pm

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:40 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:
gin wrote:
quidestveritas wrote:Why are gay men so anti relationship? I hope its not only my experience but 90% of the guys I sleep with don't "believe in relationships" and then if I play the courting game of dating without sex the farthest I have gotten is maybe 5 dates. I have come to understand the hotter someone is the less likely it will turn into anything substantial. Does this mean I will never find my knight in shining armor and have matching Volvos with cute Asian babies?

If your looking for a long term relationship you will never find one. But if you decide to concentrate on your career you'll be married (depending on what state you are ofcourse) within 6 months

TITCR

No. Gay men, unlike straight women, don't care as much about career success (unless we're talking about mad $$$) when looking for a mate. Mr killer-bod-with-an-8-pack bartender will always outdo the "average" big law associate.

edit: just realized you're a lesbian. so ignore what i just said.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:44 am

f0bolous wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
gin wrote:

TITCR

No. Gay men, unlike straight women, don't care as much about career success (unless we're talking about mad $$$) when looking for a mate. Mr killer-bod-with-an-8-pack bartender will always outdo the "average" big law associate.

As long as one of us is the big law associate, the other can get a gym membership.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:46 am

f0bolous wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
gin wrote:

TITCR

lol. we're a different beast entirely! (maybe)

forward

Postby forward » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:48 am

f0bolous wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
gin wrote:

TITCR

This isn't true for me. But more generally, this is probably correct.

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:57 am

f0bolous wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
gin wrote:

TITCR

You could always be a big law associate AND have a killer-bod-with-an-8-pack..the hottest lawyer ever is Gerard Butler. Can we agree on this?

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:26 am

forward wrote:
This isn't true for me. But more generally, this is probably correct.

for some reason i don't believe you

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:31 am

voltage88 wrote:You could always be a big law associate AND have a killer-bod-with-an-8-pack..the hottest lawyer ever is Gerard Butler. Can we agree on this?

eh he's ok. sure...the two certainly aren't mutually exclusive (although rare), but the body is what's getting this hypothetical person laid, not his career

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:38 am

f0bolous wrote:
voltage88 wrote:You could always be a big law associate AND have a killer-bod-with-an-8-pack..the hottest lawyer ever is Gerard Butler. Can we agree on this?

eh he's ok. sure...the two certainly aren't mutually exclusive (although rare), but the body is what's getting this hypothetical person laid, not his career

Everyone's a sucker for a fabulous body. But butterfaces are certainly not flattering. It's funny how a lotta guys think their hot bods can overshadow their incredibly gross faces....

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:06 am

No, the hottest lawyer ever is Robert Gant (graduated Georgetown Law and practiced in LA before moving to acting and being cast as Professor Ben on Queer as Folk).

forward

Postby forward » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:15 am

Kretzy wrote:

No, the hottest lawyer ever is Robert Gant (graduated Georgetown Law and practiced in LA before moving to acting and being cast as Professor Ben on Queer as Folk).

Don't you have stuff to be studying? =P Shoo. :mrgreen:

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:15 am

Kretzy wrote:

a little on the older side, but yum

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Is the Top (and Bottom) Law School Gays fb group still active?
I still can't get over how great of a name it is.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:40 am

misterbingley wrote:Is the Top (and Bottom) Law School Gays fb group still active?

Still active, but could use some new folks and more conversation!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=252809713144

It's a shame how hard it is to find "Groups" now on that site...

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:49 am

Kretzy wrote:
misterbingley wrote:Is the Top (and Bottom) Law School Gays fb group still active?

Still active, but could use some new folks and more conversation!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=252809713144

It's a shame how hard it is to find "Groups" now on that site...

If you just type it into the search bar at the top it will pop up in the drop down menu.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”