GLBT: C/O 2015, Grindr/Manhunt, and More

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Ghost

Re: GLBT: C/O 2014, Grindr/Manhunt, and More

Postby Ghost » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:31 am

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

whirledpeas86

Postby whirledpeas86 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Kili wrote:
quidestveritas wrote:Why are gay men so anti relationship? I hope its not only my experience but 90% of the guys I sleep with don't "believe in relationships" and then if I play the courting game of dating without sex the farthest I have gotten is maybe 5 dates. I have come to understand the hotter someone is the less likely it will turn into anything substantial. Does this mean I will never find my knight in shining armor and have matching Volvos with cute Asian babies?

lol?

+1

Then again, I'm a uhaul prone les, so I guess I don't have room to talk...

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:49 pm

quidestveritas wrote:Why are gay men so anti relationship? I hope its not only my experience but 90% of the guys I sleep with don't "believe in relationships" and then if I play the courting game of dating without sex the farthest I have gotten is maybe 5 dates. I have come to understand the hotter someone is the less likely it will turn into anything substantial. Does this mean I will never find my knight in shining armor and have matching Volvos with cute Asian babies?

Where are you meeting these guys?

I dunno in my experience it is mixed. A lot of my friends actively look for relationships but there are some that don't look for it and don't even really want it. I think age might have something to do with it (as you get older you are probably more likely to settle down) but some could just not want the monotony.

Personally, I wasn't necessarily looking to get into a relationship when I found my current bf, but things change when you meet someone you connect with.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Where are you meeting? The two places to meet guys who actually want long-term relationships are (a) LGBT groups (e.g., OUTLaw) or online dating (e.g., OKCupid).

You're right that there are a ton of guys looking just for hook-ups, but avoid the gay bars and hook-up websites and you won't be very exposed to them.

jay115

Postby jay115 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:34 pm

BenJ wrote:

Where are you meeting? The two places to meet guys who actually want long-term relationships are (a) LGBT groups (e.g., OUTLaw) or online dating (e.g., OKCupid).

You're right that there are a ton of guys looking just for hook-ups, but avoid the gay bars and hook-up websites and you won't be very exposed to them.

Lol, there's seriously a site called OKCupid? I vomited in my mouth a little bit. But I do agree with BenJ.

As for OUTlaw... it's gonna depend on the OUTlaw and the people who make the OUTlaw haha.

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm

meh...i prefer the nude torsos provided by this nifty little app

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:07 am

whirledpeas86 wrote:
Kili wrote:

lol?

+1

lolol. clearly both the gayz and the lezzies need to figure their shit out (but to be fair, straight people have been able to be in legitimate relationships for ages, so they had a big head start. all in good time)

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:10 am

also, I am LGBT (specifically, mostly L and sometimes B) and I'll be at UVA next year. anyone else??

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:05 am

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Kili wrote:hahaha.

YCrev is there. Unfortunately, I think he's just the G. :D

Yeah I got that. I may be an L but I like to shop just as much as the next G so maybe we can be friends.

OperaAttorney

Postby OperaAttorney » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:37 am

BenJ wrote:

Many guys who frequent LGBT groups and dating websites are also on the hook-up websites (e.g., MANHUNT, Adam4Adam, etc.). It's naive, I think, to assume those guys don't succumb to their carnal instincts as frequently as their more "outgoing" peers ;).

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:54 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
BenJ wrote:

Many guys who frequent LGBT groups and dating websites are also on the hook-up websites (e.g., MANHUNT, Adam4Adam, etc.). It's naive, I think, to assume those guys don't succumb to their carnal instincts as frequently as their more "outgoing" peers ;).

True, no doubt. But I think it's relatively easy to separate them out quickly enough.

forward

Postby forward » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:57 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
BenJ wrote:

In fairness, as someone on both: I'd like to find a relationship that's meaningful and works out. That said, I'm not going to be celibate until it happens. ::shrugs::

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:11 am

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

whirledpeas86

Postby whirledpeas86 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:12 am

Kili wrote:
whirledpeas86 wrote:
Kili wrote:

lol?

+1

<<<<<333333 Peas!!! Why are you always mafia? I tried to Vigilante you! :D

LOL, i love how mafia is slowly but surely spreading to every thread on TLS.

forward

Postby forward » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:28 am

tls gay mafia playing mafia...

O.O

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:40 am

ur life sucks. I've been in a relationship for 4 yrs

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:42 am

MSPeast wrote:
quidestveritas wrote:Why are gay men so anti relationship? I hope its not only my experience but 90% of the guys I sleep with don't "believe in relationships" and then if I play the courting game of dating without sex the farthest I have gotten is maybe 5 dates. I have come to understand the hotter someone is the less likely it will turn into anything substantial. Does this mean I will never find my knight in shining armor and have matching Volvos with cute Asian babies?Gdane, I saw your shirtless pic....I want you....no...no..I NEED YOU. PM me (quidestveritas) if you see this. I'm hiding it, if you find it....I'll know it's destiny.

:?

+1

whirledpeas86

Postby whirledpeas86 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:20 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
quidestveritas wrote:Why are gay men so anti relationship? I hope its not only my experience but 90% of the guys I sleep with don't "believe in relationships" and then if I play the courting game of dating without sex the farthest I have gotten is maybe 5 dates. I have come to understand the hotter someone is the less likely it will turn into anything substantial. Does this mean I will never find my knight in shining armor and have matching Volvos with cute Asian babies?Gdane, I saw your shirtless pic....I want you....no...no..I NEED YOU. PM me (quidestveritas) if you see this. I'm hiding it, if you find it....I'll know it's destiny.

+1

GTFO

ETA: Nevermind that, you matchmaker, you.

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:04 am

whirledpeas86 wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
MSPeast wrote:

+1

GTFO

ETA: Nevermind that, you matchmaker, you.

:lol:

Waterman is always welcome in this thread.

gin

Postby gin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:27 pm

If your looking for a long term relationship you will never find one. But if you decide to concentrate on your career you'll be married (depending on what state you are ofcourse) within 6 months

chango

Postby chango » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:46 am

Try your local LGBT Bar Association: most of the big cities have them, and many are very affordable (or even free) for law school students.

plurilingue

Postby plurilingue » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:19 am

Last edited by plurilingue on Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

neonx

Postby neonx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Heyyyyyy, GLBT.

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:47 pm

neonx wrote:Heyyyyyy, GLBT.

Heyyyyyy, G all the way here

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”