GLBT: C/O 2015, Grindr/Manhunt, and More

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
jay115

Re: GLBT: using Grindr/Manhunt to aid in selecting Law School

Postby jay115 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:05 am

f0bolous wrote:this pic is sort of grindr'ish...but any of y'all are going to texas next year, this is what to expect:

ConMan345 wrote:Also, for those of you who imbibe, there is a thing called the "Manhunt Drinking Game," it is as follows:

(warning: the site I got this from is NfuckinSFW, luckily, work doesn't monitor my web use and no one came into my office)

SCREENNAMES:

Drink once for...
PICTURES:

Headless Horsemen: Profiles that only have cut off above the neck pictures.

I'm allowed to take a shot, yes? but really, one in four grindr pictures are headless/sexy abs pictures - and the debaucherous decent of this thread is hilarious. f0b, you've opened pandora's box with your picture post first on the homo thread...

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:20 am

jay115 wrote:
f0bolous wrote:this pic is sort of grindr'ish...but any of y'all are going to texas next year, this is what to expect:

ConMan345 wrote:Also, for those of you who imbibe, there is a thing called the "Manhunt Drinking Game," it is as follows:

(warning: the site I got this from is NfuckinSFW, luckily, work doesn't monitor my web use and no one came into my office)

SCREENNAMES:

Drink once for...
PICTURES:

Headless Horsemen: Profiles that only have cut off above the neck pictures.

I'm allowed to take a shot, yes? but really, one in four grindr pictures are headless/sexy abs pictures - and the debaucherous decent of this thread is hilarious. f0b, you've opened pandora's box with your picture post first on the homo thread...

it's a self-portrait...i admit to being a headless horseman :)

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:37 am

Oh my god, lol, ten bucks you wrote "this is what you can look forward to" first, and were more than a little aroused by the sight of yourself.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:14 am

ConMan345 wrote:
Oh my god, lol, ten bucks you wrote "this is what you can look forward to" first, and were more than a little aroused by the sight of yourself.

Whelp, that was an interesting thing to open up in the office on Monday morning...guess I'll take my obligatory shot...at 9:15 am.

violaboy

Postby violaboy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:33 am

Kretzy wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:

Whelp, that was an interesting thing to open up in the office on Monday morning...guess I'll take my obligatory shot...at 9:15 am.

+1 I was like, wha???

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:36 am

more of a response to the prior page on what law school gays looked like

it wasn't completely random

violaboy

Postby violaboy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 am

f0bolous wrote:more of a response to the prior page on what law school gays looked like

it wasn't completely random

Okay :wink:

At any rate, I'll still be working out 3-5x a week in law school. I'm at least going to TRY to maintain my physique!

Cestjustemoi

Postby Cestjustemoi » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 am

ConMan345 wrote:

Please everyone is attracted to themselves :-) and if you aren't there's an issue. Besides when someones nice to look at it's fun, and this picture is fun!

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Kretzy wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:

+1. And damn my "open work environment". Makes it really awkward when your boss walks by. Luckily I have Alt-Tab skillz.

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:21 pm

D-hops wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:

+1. And damn my "open work environment". Makes it really awkward when your boss walks by. Luckily I have Alt-Tab skillz.

sucks though when your computer freezes during the alt+freeze and it's stuck on that screen

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:44 pm

Why are you posting my photos on TLS?

jay115

Postby jay115 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:23 pm

just went to UCLA's ASD and had a fucking blast. cruised weho a bit and spent the entire afternoon today at huntington beach. beautiful people, lots of malls, sweet school... and tomorrow i get to fly back to the east coast (PA) to finish up my year with snowstorms :(

agathon360

Postby agathon360 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Last edited by agathon360 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Postby 02122015 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:56 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Better gay scene at BU or fordham?

agathon360

Postby agathon360 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:06 am

All I'll say is that when I went to UCLA last year for a non-law school-related extracurricular event, I went to WeHo and just people-watched. Also, I was in SF in January, and dropped by the Castro on a Saturday night, and just people-watched. My hope is that the good moderators here at TLS will interpret these two specific examples as "trying to behave," regardless of how much or how little they may reflect my behavior during my undergraduate career. Even if the two situations in question may have been strongly influenced by the fact that I was sharing hotel rooms with straight people on those nights. 8) On a more serious note, I'll be 26 by the time I'm done with LS, so I would like to settle down a bit. I even feel like I've become much more biologically driven to "settle down" since the time I graduated, for whatever reason. I'm way more about a pretty face than anything below the neck anymore. Funny how that happens. Maybe it's just because I hardly get to talk to guys my age (of any orientation) anymore since I've been living at home for my year off, and I miss communicating on that level. During undergrad, I lived with three straight guys and felt no real desire for a relationship. Any psych majors wanna figure that one out?

Last edited by agathon360 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:08 am

Cupidity wrote:Better gay scene at BU or fordham?

School: BU. Town: Fordham.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:08 am

Postby 02122015 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 am

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jay115

Postby jay115 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 am

agathon360 wrote:So is anyone else excited about using the visit weekends to cruise the campus? I mean, how awesome would it be to do some hooking up, so that you already have some contacts lined up for when you arrive on campus in August. Am I the only one thinking like this?

Moreover, I think a really good weekend affair could *definitely* sell me on a school.

(edited under the pretenses of "behaving") -> I think figuring out ones preservative future mates/spouses is an important factor in determining whether a law school fits the mode.

YCrevolution wrote:As a mod, I feel that I should tell you all that you should at least make the pretense of trying to behave in this thread.

stop being a joykill :( these are serious questions for the serious perspective gay law school applicant - a little fun can probs help you decide on your final school! and unlike MSPeast, some of us are still confused 21 year-old kids still trying to figure out themselves... :)

and seriously, a debate about whether NYC or Boston is a better gay town? not even the world's sluttiest homo could plow through all the attractive gays in either city.
Last edited by jay115 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 am

agathon360 wrote:
All I'll say is that when I went to UCLA last year for a non-law school-related extracurricular event, I went to WeHo and just people-watched. Also, I was in SF in January, and dropped by the Castro on a Saturday night, and just people-watched. My hope is that the good moderators here at TLS will interpret these two specific examples as "trying to behave," regardless of how much or how little they may reflect my behavior during my undergraduate career. Even if the two situations in question may have been strongly influenced by the fact that I was sharing hotel rooms with straight people on those nights. 8) On a more serious note, I'll be 26 by the time I'm done with LS, so I would like to settle down a bit. I even feel like I've become much more biologically driven to "settle down" since the time I graduated, for whatever reason. I'm way more about a pretty face than anything below the neck anymore. Funny how that happens. Maybe it's just because I hardly get to talk to guys my age (of any orientation) anymore since I've been living at home for my year off, and I miss communicating on that level. During undergrad, I lived with three straight guys and felt no real desire for a relationship. Any psych majors wanna figure that one out?

You're something like 23 or 24 any you're already thinking about settling down? Isn't 'settling down' something for thirty-somethings? Maybe you just need to get into he scene again, and away from your parents' house?

I don't think that's out of the ordinary. "The scene" got boring for me after just a few months, though I'm not quite in the 'settle down' boat.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:13 am

agathon360

Postby agathon360 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:17 am

Kretzy wrote:
agathon360 wrote:

You're something like 23 or 24 any you're already thinking about settling down? Isn't 'settling down' something for thirty-somethings? Maybe you just need to get into he scene again, and away from your parents' house?

I don't think that's out of the ordinary. "The scene" got boring for me after just a few months, though I'm not quite in the 'settle down' boat.

The scene? Got boring? Is that possible? God, if I added up all the hours I've spent cruising since I graduated college, I think it would amount to years. I mean, I see in theory how it could (and should) get boring; but in practice I keep getting sucked back in.

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:51 am

YCrevolution wrote:[I'm trying to save this thread from potentially getting moved to the Lounge. Most of it doesn't have to be that relevant, but I need a post here and there that is...]

Also, if you're 21, you should have it all figured out by now. :mrgreen:

This made me think of what the GLBT version of the TTC freakout would look like. Lot's of drama. :lol:

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”