GLBT: C/O 2015, Grindr/Manhunt, and More Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Kretzy

Silver

Re: GLBT: using Grindr/Manhunt to aid in selecting Law School

Post by Kretzy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
I'm intent on throwing Drag Race parties at SLS next year.
I'm there. Drink. in. hand.
Part of my diabolical plot to create a critical mass of gays at SLS.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 pm

That game seems like a pretty guaranteed way to make sure you wake up in the morning with a bunch of your friends naked in your bed, wondering if anything happened or if whiskey dick saved/ruined the day.

I'll be sticking to this.
--ImageRemoved--

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 pm

ccs224 wrote:
jay115 wrote:
i love shirtless bartenders. haha, but i clearly love nerdy gays as well. or else i wouldnt be on this damn forum 24/7
Then come to New York and make all your dreams come true.
Going to LA and fully intend to fulfill all my homo dreams :)
ConMan345 wrote: In other news, anyone here watch Rupaul's Drag Race? The title sequence alone would turn anyone gay.
Just watched the latest episode on logo.com. I've been waiting (in vain) to see a drag queen fight like I see every week at the gay bars out here in PA, haha.

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 pm

ccs224 wrote:That game seems like a pretty guaranteed way to make sure you wake up in the morning with a bunch of your friends naked in your bed, wondering if anything happened or if whiskey dick saved/ruined the day.

I'll be sticking to this.
--ImageRemoved--
The Jonas Brothers made me :lol:

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Kretzy wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
I'm intent on throwing Drag Race parties at SLS next year.
I'm there. Drink. in. hand.
Part of my diabolical plot to create a critical mass of gays at SLS.
Damn you and your parts of diabolical plots to create critical masses of gays at SLS.

In any case, I am excited for free food at the gay dinner.

Edit: also, apparently Stanford paid for people to go to some Lambda job conference in NYC. They treat us right.

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:14 pm

on't get me wrong, I like the Abbey (especially the after work specials, the drinks there are by far the best in weho), but on Friday and Saturday nights it's kind of ghetto. It attracts a lot of guys from places like Rancho Cucamonga, Eagle Rock, and San Fernando who drive in for a night out. Most of the hot guys have moved on. There is a LOT more eye candy at Mickeys or Eleven. You should definitely try the Abbey mojitos though, they're great.

This is a totally bizarre opinion. First, Eagle Rock is like 20 minutes away. Second of all, eye candy at MICKEYS? That made me LOL.

As for The Abbey:

Okay, well I dislike being a hater, but

no, wait, who am kidding: I LIVE for it.

Oy, where to begin? I guess I could say that it wasn't as good as it used to be, or that the food borders on inedible, or that developmentally disabled baboons could make better cocktails, or that the bartenders have less charisma than a typical spiny anteater, or that it's way overpriced, or that I'd rather consort with hungry velociraptors than 80% of the clientele, or that whenever I'm there I feel like I'm a stop on a tour company that caters to straight tourists who think they can see gays in their native habitat.

But why bother? Location, location, location. Nothing I can say will stop people from going (or dragging me) there. And yes, the decor is beautiful, but look carefully and you can see signs of some serious wear and tear (much like the inhabitants).

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:41 pm

is anyone going to the UT ASD or does anyone know of the gay clubs/bars in Austin? i don't think i'm going to rent a car while i'm there, so i'd not experiment all over the place

on a side note, i updated my 'tar in the spirit of this thread

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:43 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
Edit: also, apparently Stanford paid for people to go to some Lambda job conference in NYC. They treat us right.
Is that the same as Lavender Law? I know they send a bunch of people to that conference every year (this upcoming one is in Miami).

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Kretzy wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:
Is that the same as Lavender Law? I know they send a bunch of people to that conference every year (this upcoming one is in Miami).
For 2010 or 2011? UCLA pays for outlaws to go to lavander law, and Miami would be sweet.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:52 pm

jay115 wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:
For 2010 or 2011? UCLA pays for outlaws to go to lavander law, and Miami would be sweet.
Fall 2010. I know a few schools (Columbia in particular) won't let 1Ls go, but yes, Miami would be very sweet.

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Kretzy wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:
Yup, that's it.

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jasonportwood

New

Post by jasonportwood » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:27 am

Hey guys, checking in here.

I went to the Outlaws apartment party at CLS' first admitted students weekend and found a welcoming bunch. My initial reaction was no dinner!? cheapos-- unlike most of the other evening student org. events -- but then I realized choosing informal drinks at a random apt vs. a bunch of people who haven't met before sitting down for a formal dinner = the gays know what they are doing. Plus, buzzing a random apartment to meet gays brought me back to my hook-up days...

Next up for me is the NYU ASD's late this month and probably their Outlaws event. Anyone else?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:47 am

jasonportwood wrote:Hey guys, checking in here.

I went to the Outlaws apartment party at CLS' first admitted students weekend and found a welcoming bunch. My initial reaction was no dinner!? cheapos-- unlike most of the other evening student org. events -- but then I realized choosing informal drinks at a random apt vs. a bunch of people who haven't met before sitting down for a formal dinner = the gays know what they are doing. Plus, buzzing a random apartment to meet gays brought me back to my hook-up days...

Next up for me is the NYU ASD's late this month and probably their Outlaws event. Anyone else?
I'll be at the NYU ASD, presumably at the Outlaws event, too. I haven't looked into when it's scheduled yet. Gotta expect that NYU will put on a good party, though. Missed the last CLS ASD, hopefully will get to the one in April.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:09 am

BenJ wrote:

I'll be at the NYU ASD, presumably at the Outlaws event, too. I haven't looked into when it's scheduled yet. Gotta expect that NYU will put on a good party, though. Missed the last CLS ASD, hopefully will get to the one in April.
Who needs NYU to put a party on for you? You're in NYC and need nothing more than that.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:24 am

ccs224 wrote:
BenJ wrote:

Who needs NYU to put a party on for you? You're in NYC and need nothing more than that.
But I'm from NYC, so I kind of expect it. I expect NYU to be more over the top.

jasonportwood

New

Post by jasonportwood » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:54 pm

BenJ wrote:But I'm from NYC, so I kind of expect it. I expect NYU to be more over the top.
Just because NYU's undergrads are over the top doesn't mean their law students are also, does it...!?

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:56 pm

jasonportwood wrote:
BenJ wrote:But I'm from NYC, so I kind of expect it. I expect NYU to be more over the top.
Just because NYU's undergrads are over the top doesn't mean their law students are also, does it...!?
From my experience, their law students are pretty nerdy, which I take to be generally true of all law schools. Doesn't mean they're incapable of a good time, though.

empire84

New

Post by empire84 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:43 pm

as a
Last edited by empire84 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 am

empire84 wrote:as an nyu undergrad, i can say that i know a few hot gay law students, but they're few and far between.

as a probable ucla law student, im hoping it lives up to my expectations.

miss nyc already, and i haven't even left yet.

Does this live up to your expectations?

http://uclaoutlaw.bol.ucla.edu/aboutus/aboutus.html

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:03 am

chango wrote:
empire84 wrote:as an nyu undergrad, i can say that i know a few hot gay law students, but they're few and far between.

as a probable ucla law student, im hoping it lives up to my expectations.

miss nyc already, and i haven't even left yet.

Does this live up to your expectations?

http://uclaoutlaw.bol.ucla.edu/aboutus/aboutus.html
HAWT

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:51 am

this pic is sort of grindr'ish...but any of y'all are going to texas next year, this is what to expect:

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”