GLBT: C/O 2015, Grindr/Manhunt, and More Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
coollegemex

Bronze

Re: GLBT: using Grindr/Manhunt to aid in selecting Law School

Post by coollegemex » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:46 pm

I live in LA and I can attest to the potency and deliciousness of the Abbey's Appletini

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:33 pm

jay115 wrote:
BenJ wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:

i was trying to be funny with my "i use MH when i want to take a load off" but nobody got the sexual joke :cry:
I actually didn't comprehend the non-sexual meaning until just now. :oops:
Crap, now I feel like my brain is in the gutter. What was the non-sexual meaning? (This is the reverse of not knowing what a BJ is, haha.)
I DO KNOW WHAT A BLOW JOB IS! ugh. and the non-sexual meaning was to release stress (take the stressload off)

in law school, you're gonna wana take multiple loads off :lol:

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

midrangejumper wrote:
jay115 wrote:
BenJ wrote:
YCrevolution wrote: I actually didn't comprehend the non-sexual meaning until just now. :oops:
Crap, now I feel like my brain is in the gutter. What was the non-sexual meaning? (This is the reverse of not knowing what a BJ is, haha.)
I DO KNOW WHAT A BLOW JOB IS! ugh. and the non-sexual meaning was to release stress (take the stressload off)

in law school, you're gonna wana take multiple loads off :lol:
ROFL. My dad made me promise him tonight that I wouldn't resort to hooking up with "randos from one of those sketchy gay sites" if I got stressed during school.

I don't know if I'm more concerned that my dad thinks I'm a whore, or that he knows there are sketchy gay sites.

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:38 pm

bumpity bump. this bitch is back

note: just got an iphone saturday, and I'm loving every minute of it (including GRINDR!)

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 pm

f0bolous wrote:bumpity bump. this bitch is back

note: just got an iphone saturday, and I'm loving every minute of it (including GRINDR!)
Don't love it too much. You might catch something.

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:14 pm

ccs224 wrote:

that is true :?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:24 pm

f0bolous wrote:
ccs224 wrote:

that is true :?
Herpes is for life, even in law school.

Glad you brought this thread back from the dead :)

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 pm

who's that in your 'tar? sorta looks like the guy in the womanizer vid (who is gay, btw :P )

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:23 pm

f0bolous wrote:who's that in your 'tar? sorta looks like the guy in the womanizer vid (who is gay, btw :P )
I don't believe there's confirmation that Brandon Stoughton is gay. I believe this picture (see below) started the rumors. Gay by association?

http://www.warrenandderrick.com/2008/10 ... n-gay.html

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:38 pm

im going to ucla next week for ASD and definitely grindring around and seeing what LA has to offer

myrockyourrock911

New

Post by myrockyourrock911 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:40 pm

This is probably the wrong thread for this, but is anyone else still saddened and/or worried about our relatively small dating pool - even smaller for those of us only attracted to outwardly masculine guys?
Out of curiousity, for those with SO's, where did you meet him/her? Yes, I know this is pathetic.

swc65

Silver

Post by swc65 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 pm

I had not thought of this until now. But I am going to NYC so I am guessing it's no worry.

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:51 pm

swc65 wrote:I had not thought of this until now. But I am going to NYC so I am guessing it's no worry.
Yeah, I've never heard of anyone complaining about the number of fellow 'mos in a major city, regardless of your taste in dudes.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:52 pm

myrockyourrock911 wrote:This is probably the wrong thread for this, but is anyone else still saddened and/or worried about our relatively small dating pool - even smaller for those of us only attracted to outwardly masculine guys?
Out of curiousity, for those with SO's, where did you meet him/her? Yes, I know this is pathetic.
Please see http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=109082

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:22 pm

jay115 wrote:im going to ucla next week for ASD and definitely grindring around and seeing what LA has to offer
Grindring in a new city is like being a kid in a candy shop, and I am pretty sure LA is one of the biggest "candy shops" around.
myrockyourrock911 wrote:This is probably the wrong thread for this, but is anyone else still saddened and/or worried about our relatively small dating pool - even smaller for those of us only attracted to outwardly masculine guys?
If you are in a big city, I'd recommend joining a gay sports league. Even if you are not all that into sports, there are usually a lot of different levels of competition and you will likely meet some more outwardly masculine guys.

carlkenneth

Bronze

Post by carlkenneth » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:12 am

D-hops wrote: If you are in a big city, I'd recommend joining a gay sports league. Even if you are not all that into sports, there are usually a lot of different levels of competition and you will likely meet some more outwardly masculine guys.
That is unless your favorite sport is Drag Racing (lol... get it). Ok maybe that joke fell flat, but i really felt the urge to bring RuPaul's Drag Race into this thread.

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:33 am

carlkenneth wrote:
D-hops wrote: If you are in a big city, I'd recommend joining a gay sports league. Even if you are not all that into sports, there are usually a lot of different levels of competition and you will likely meet some more outwardly masculine guys.
That is unless your favorite sport is Drag Racing (lol... get it). Ok maybe that joke fell flat, but i really felt the urge to bring RuPaul's Drag Race into this thread.
dude, a nobel laureate (elinor ostrom) came to my college last week to give a lecture on water resources but stopped in my office to see my research professor, whom she apparently knew. anyways, my office is adjacent to his office so she waited in my office for him to finish talking to some kid. long story short (kind of) i talked to a NOBEL LAUREATE about ru paul's drag race for about 15 minutes. how gay can one get?

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:49 am

for those of us only attracted to outwardly masculine guys

commence eye rolling.

Also, I'm wondering if "outwardly masculine" is redundant, or can a person be "inwardly" masculine?

Edit. Nevermind, I see you're from NJ. That explains it.

--ImageRemoved--

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:11 am

f0bolous wrote:who's that in your 'tar? sorta looks like the guy in the womanizer vid (who is gay, btw :P )
Jon McLaughlin, one of my two major celeb crushes. I'm spoiled, going from one of the gayest cities in the country (Denver) to the Bay Area...

Also, just to engage with what's above; I'm friends with Nina Flowers, and LOVE RuPaul's Drag Race...if anyone at Boalt/SLS next year wants to have watch parties, I'd more than happily oblige (and cook for) some in Munger :)
Last edited by Kretzy on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:41 am

Kretzy wrote:
Jon McLaughlin, one of my two major celeb crushes. I'm spoiled, going from one of the gayest cities in the country (Denver) to the Bay Area...

Also, just to engage with what's above; I'm good friends with Nina Flowers, and LOVE RuPaul's Drag Race...if anyone at Boalt/SLS next year wants to have watch parties, I'd more than happily oblige (and cook for) some in Munger :)
Denver is one of the gayest cities in the country? Since when?

absolut86

New

Post by absolut86 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:37 am

coollegemex wrote:I live in LA and I can attest to the potency and deliciousness of the Abbey's Appletini
It's a shame that the guys at the Abbey are so consistently unattractive/cholo, the mango mojitos there are AMAZING.

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 am

chango wrote:
I don't believe there's confirmation that Brandon Stoughton is gay. I believe this picture (see below) started the rumors. Gay by association?

http://www.warrenandderrick.com/2008/10 ... n-gay.html
no official confirmation, but 1) straight guys typically don't go to all-gay type events without their SO and 2) I have got anecdotal evidence from an acquaintance in LA (which for all I know could be BS, but I've got no reason to doubt him)

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:31 pm

ccs224 wrote:
Kretzy wrote:

Also, just to engage with what's above; I'm good friends with Nina Flowers, and LOVE RuPaul's Drag Race...if anyone at Boalt/SLS next year wants to have watch parties, I'd more than happily oblige (and cook for) some in Munger :)
Denver is one of the gayest cities in the country? Since when?
Back when they did the "gay census," something like 12% of downtown Denver identified as GLBT. Denver's sort of where lots of gay people from the mountain west run to as soon as they come out. People don't realize it, but Denver's incredibly gay.
Last edited by Kretzy on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:33 pm

This is the funniest thread ever! I've used grindr and a4a to scope out some schools. But that's just because I'm moving further into the south!

agathon360

New

Post by agathon360 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:38 pm

Last edited by agathon360 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”