GLBT: C/O 2015, Grindr/Manhunt, and More Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agathon360

New

Re: GLBT: using Grindr/Manhunt to aid in selecting Law School

Post by agathon360 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 pm

Have you ever ended up hooking up with one of your roommates, say, by 'accident'?

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:05 pm

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:09 pm

agathon360 wrote:As a practical matter, who is planning on having a roommate in law school?? Aren't roommates like for first year undergraduates? I was planning on renting a studio (I really prefer living alone). Is no one else thinking this way?
I'm likely going to be living with two roomates (straight man and straight woman) to save some money. Also, I have been living on my own (in a studio) for the past couple years and am ready to live with other people again.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:21 pm

My attention was directed to this thread, and I am glad I came here. :D

My beloved school is definitely TCR-- Fordham is a really welcoming environment. Yes, there are many cute gay boys at my school, and it's NYC, so you will never lack for distractions. (This might or might not be a good thing for a 1L.)

nit00

New

Post by nit00 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:27 pm

agathon360 wrote:As a practical matter, who is planning on having a roommate in law school?? Aren't roommates like for first year undergraduates? I was planning on renting a studio (I really prefer living alone). Is no one else thinking this way?
+1

It just makes things so much easier when it comes to having your own space and also for any "extracurricular activities"

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:33 pm

it looks like we have some new people in this thread

join the tls gay facebook group (it's hidden, so that your homo-ness isn't advertised to the world)! PM YCrevolution for details.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:35 pm

I'm planning on roommates, though I've lived alone for the past three years. I'd prefer a mixed-gender roommate situation, but it doesn't much matter.

coollegemex

Bronze

Post by coollegemex » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:41 pm

appreciate where this convo has gone btw haha

I'm definitely going roommate next year - the $ doesn't make sense otherwise. Surprised that ya'll don't prefer to live with other mos. It's way more fun

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:56 pm

coollegemex wrote:appreciate where this convo has gone btw haha

I'm definitely going roommate next year - the $ doesn't make sense otherwise. Surprised that ya'll don't prefer to live with other mos. It's way more fun
I can't handle the homo hair product mess in the bathroom or the random male "visitors". That stuff is ok when I do it :-), but there can only be one "queen" of the house. Joking but no seriously lived with one other homo now called the Notorious F.A.G. by me and my friends , and it was way too much drama. Especially when your ex or ex hook up comes to hook up with your roommate. Let's be honest roommates aren't bound by the rules of friendship

coollegemex

Bronze

Post by coollegemex » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Cestjustemoi wrote:
coollegemex wrote:appreciate where this convo has gone btw haha

I can't handle the homo hair product mess in the bathroom or the random male "visitors". That stuff is ok when I do it :-), but there can only be one "queen" of the house. Joking but no seriously lived with one other homo now called the Notorious F.A.G. by me and my friends , and it was way too much drama. Especially when your ex or ex hook up comes to hook up with your roommate. Let's be honest roommates aren't bound by the rules of friendship

wow this made me laugh out loud in the cubicle

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:06 pm

I roomed with gay people, but it was fine since we had all been friends before we had been out to each other. And one was my twin, so that was fine ;)

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:35 pm

violaboy wrote:I roomed with gay people, but it was fine since we had all been friends before we had been out to each other. And one was my twin, so that was fine ;)
gay twins? hmmm :twisted:

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:37 pm

f0bolous wrote:
violaboy wrote:I roomed with gay people, but it was fine since we had all been friends before we had been out to each other. And one was my twin, so that was fine ;)
::scared::

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:43 pm

violaboy wrote:
f0bolous wrote:
RUN VB, RUN! :P

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Kretzy wrote:
violaboy wrote:
f0bolous wrote:
RUN VB, RUN! :P
He's going to law school too ;)

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:47 pm

agathon360

New

Post by agathon360 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Last edited by agathon360 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 pm

agathon360 wrote:So are these gay twins going to end up at the same law school? That would be crazy
No. My brother sucked it up on the LSAT. He may retake though.

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:39 pm

--ImageRemoved--

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:39 pm

MSPeast wrote:Yeah, I'd also be fine rooming with a hypothetical gay relative too. My main thing is that I'd rather not room with a sexually compatible/eligible person unless I'm in a VLTR. Too much drama... there's enough inherent roommate drama as it is.
+1, the idea of 24/7 gay drama does not appeal to me at all. to be honest, i probably wouldn't want to live with a gay person nor be in a gay neighborhood

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:46 pm

chango wrote:--ImageRemoved--
Congrats on Loyola. Come to be a dick, stay to let the gays be kindly and filled with goodwill.

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Congrats on Loyola. Come to be a dick, stay to let the gays be kindly and filled with goodwill.

"filled with goodwill?"

Sounds hot.

Anyway, I wan't trying to be a dick. I just liked the picture.

Two of my three former roommates were straight USC law students: definitely enjoyed being their +1 at all the OUTlaw bar reviews.
:D

agathon360

New

Post by agathon360 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Last edited by agathon360 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:01 pm

agathon360 wrote:So on a more serious note (somewhat related to the title of the thread), do people know anything about the reputations of the various gay contingents on campus? For instance, do some top law schools have larger, more vibrant gay communities than others? Do some schools have hotter students than others? Better parties, etc.

These sorts of things might seem trivial, but I actually think they could have a huge influence on one's law school experience, and general happiness (for instance, as an undergraduate I felt sort of isolated in a rather conservative school, and I think my academic performance suffered because of it).
Well, you need to keep in mind that most law schools exist within a larger university context. So even if the law school doesn't have a large, vibrant gay community, that doesn't mean there won't be lots to do socially/academically.

But most of the top law schools have OUTlaw student organizations and some even have LGBT law journals.

As for the hottness factor, I only have first hand (cough, cough) experience with USC and UCLA, and I find the law schools have less attractive students than the university as a whole. Which might be for the best: I don't advise dipping your quill in the company ink.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”