Even the sun travels to the west. Forum

invisiblecity

New

Even the sun travels to the west.

Post by invisiblecity » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:21 pm

Scene 1

--ImageRemoved--

My journey started on July 4th, that auspicious day in this land where we celebrate the realization of a snowball's chance in hell, and the eventuality of a course that follows the path of the river beating away at the rock with fists of continued destiny that revives the soul with it's slowly enduring unescapable path down the mountain.

But now I'm only a weathered stone's throw from home, and aeons of open highways before me. The cities all hold promise for me, but it's the people I seek to find. Let all those eyes I pass by find their lights leading them home again, and all those souls find the desire to roam again too.

invisiblecity

New

Post by invisiblecity » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:22 pm

Scene 2.

i began to realize that a life was almost entirely a tangle of side streets, a borderline confusion of lusty adventures and oddly quiet disappointments oh so close but hidden from view to those repetitive highways that serve to sweep us away on to entire new corrals of fiction made solid places. so that we may again pass up chances to turn down alleyways, our refusals as damning and addictive as weary dreamless sleep.

i find myself awakening in the city of the dead. the honoured dead who look across the hills to their homes, across the river to their land and mother, and across the ocean to the unknown and mysterious enemy that chained a few with fear, and revived a few with purpose.

ghosts that wander here are like the fog. impossible to pin down, but as real as the lights that seek to banish. only to be enveloped or make unseen the terrible disquiet still languishing within our breasts.

i may haunt this place and it's insistent brother a few more days, soaking in the ethereal visions that batter the coast, or pack up and carry their residue like seeds on down the road to the next sea.

--ImageRemoved--

invisiblecity

New

Post by invisiblecity » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:00 pm

Scene 3.

--ImageRemoved--

i found myself mired in the muck, unsure of how fast to proceed on to inevitability.

i figured i might as well see some people i have known and loved, a few i have known and had no feelings towards at all, and maybe meet some new people who most likely i will love, because that's just how it goes.

i've decided to call this leg "and back again." because before i really had time to settle my accounts here i was again. so much has changed, but it was never really the same way i remembered it anyways.

it's going to be amazing to me 50 years from now that the place that i called home and had so many fond memories of will at moment's whim bring up scenes of blackness and remorse in the mind's of so many others in the nation.

i wish i could go back and cherish a few more peaceful nights before i said my goodbyes.

whenever i say goodbye again, as soon as that may be, i know it will be as poignant and resolute as any i have said before.

i may not leave a rose here to mark the passing, but it has left its imprint on my heart.

then on again west i will roam, to see the new horizons outside my window.

and to try my luck at making a name for myself.

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”