Attack of the Cute Forum

FloridaGirl

Silver

Attack of the Cute

Post by FloridaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:50 am

I have to admit this blog is inspired by longodds. I have decided to provide a picture and written description of various TLSers. It seems only fair that I start with longodds. If you want to be included or have suggestions on who I should include (and what information should be provided) please PM me.

Longodds - Longodds is a man of mystery. His many varied occupations include secret agent, author, and model. He is also the resident question guru of TLS. He claims to hate kittens - oh the irony. The rest of his bio could fill a book, but I'm saving that info for blackmail purposes.

Secret Agent -

His Enemy -

Author -

Model -

His Reaction to This Blog -

Longodds Post Cont. -

PS - This may be his cat alter ego

longcat =longodds?

Last edited by FloridaGirl on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 15 times in total.

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:58 pm

Corsair – Even if you joined yesterday you will have probably come across a post by Corsair. He is a pirate extraordinaire and a powerful moderator.

He is a Pirate

He has Power

Those who hijack threads should be afraid of his claws of fury–

For he can force you to –

Perhaps one day he will work for the US government. Bad guys fear for he will say -

Last edited by FloridaGirl on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:27 pm

See two above ^
Last edited by FloridaGirl on Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:47 pm

See above ^
Last edited by FloridaGirl on Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:05 pm

Uzu is an enigmatic figure in the world of TLS. He is not as crude as AndyRoberts75, as loved as Ken, as easy to understand as DelDad, or endowed with moderator powers like Corsair. He is nonetheless one of the cornerstones of TLS. He has some of the more clever and interesting avatars; unfortunately, he also has some of the scariest. He strikes fear into the hearts of many, but he is also terrified of being on katespade's bad side. The most important thing to remember about Uzu is that "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

At times he can be a little bit frightening. The voices instruct him to do who knows what, yet I have my suspicions.

However, his pantsless episodes are far more frightening.

At times he is the cranky oldster letting us young people have it.

More often he invites us into the world of his wisdom.

He is always pwned by the cute kitties.

Last edited by FloridaGirl on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:11 am

AndyRoberts75 is rarely on topic and sometimes disgusting. He shows flashes of brilliance and helpfulness. Being the colorful character that he is makes an excellent subject for friendly, kitty satire.

Andy is in law enforcement. His interrogation skills are legendary.

For all who are new to the forum if you see a post by Andy –

Approximation of a post by Andy -

His wife is an understanding, patient woman, perhaps the most patient woman in the universe. Hopefully he brings her flowers – often.

When trying to digest a long serious thread – often a post from Andy will pop up prompting this response –

To sum up - will someone please -

Last edited by FloridaGirl on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:37 am

Update to Andy post!

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:14 pm

This post is about my twins - L to R Lilpogo, Grace, Emigre, and Dat - I'm on the far right.

Lilpogo won my heart with her ridiculously adorably avatar. Here is her avatar with the addition of a cute saying!

She lulls you into a false sense of security with her ridiculous cuteness then defeats you! She is currently employed as a member of Alf14997’s defense team.

Grace first introduced to me the phrase “explode into flowers.” This is as close as I could get in kitten representation.

Even though she has closed her eyes to the world of lawyering she has not deserted us.

Émigré – she is wise and impossibly cute.

Émigré is a caring mother.

Dat is my fashion twin. She has great style!

She is eminently qualified to patrol the fashion world.

Another group picture of us –

Thank you guys -

In conclusion, just because someone is cute that doesn’t mean they’re not dangerous!

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:31 am

I woke up from a dream to a bright light filling my room. A figure appeared out of the light and moved towards me it asked –

I replied, “how many do I get – three?”

The kitten fairy – for this was what she was – said, “that depends on how good your first wish is.”

I thought carefully and finally said, “I wish to understand cats.”

“Hmmm,” she paused, “this is not an easy wish, are you sure you do not want something else, mice, rats, or wait you could have" – and another cat appeared and said –

“No,” I said quickly, “that’s ok. Is my first wish that difficult?”

“Well, not for me, but it may be difficult for you. You see you’d have to become a cat to truly understand cat kind. It has only been done a couple of times, and those who have done it have chosen to stay cats.”

“As wonderful as that would be, I’d rather stay a human. Could you instead tell me how it is that you have magical powers?”

She giggled, “that’s easy all cats have magical powers.”

“Then why do they allow such indignities to be inflicted upon themselves?”

“To explain I will have you take a little trip with me.”

First she showed me this scene –

Confused I asked her, “what is worse to cats than captivity?”

“Oh, we are not captives, you are.”

“What?! “

“Oh yes, it’s true.”

“Who are our captors?”

“I am not permitted to tell you that, but I can tell you we stay for your own good. We would not suffer these indignities for nothing.”

“Staying with humans has its perks as well though.”

“We enjoy teasing dogs in our spare time.”

“What can I do? How can humanity free itself,” I sputtered.

“Don’t worry about that in the morning you won’t even remember this conversation. We will leave an agent with you to safeguard you until the ‘TIME.’ Goodnight, goodnight”

As the light faded I fell back asleep. In the morning I found a cat on my pillow, and as I struggled to remember something I thought must be important. I could swear the cat said something.

April Fools Day

Or is it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:13 am

Katkins is TLS’ new moderator. She is considering attending NYU and UVa. She wants Chicago to hurry up and accept her darn it. For the longest time she had a Daria avatar. Consequently I picture her as a hybrid between Daria and Lindsey Lohan. It’s an interesting combination.

As we all know NYU is located in New York. NYC is the home of many famed landmarks including the following:

Rural life also has advantages –

Katkins is also an aethist so she probably does not appreciate this cat ;)

She retains an air of mystery with her refusal to show her picture. Who knows what her skills may encompass?

She and I are nearly numbers twins although she has the better GPA. Perhaps we are linked in watching this admissions cycle progress.

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:22 pm

Brittlyn – If there was a queen of TLS I think it would have to be her. She’s an absolute sweetheart but also very feisty. This girl has ambition, drive, and really weird pictures of her impersonating famous people.

This cat endorses her TLS queen status –

Britt enjoys working out –

She speaks Spanish fluently –

She is fearless in trying new foods and food combinations, and she will not hesitate to eat things off the floor.

Britt has both attitude and confidence and the skills to back them up. I am convinced she will go far.

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:34 am

The Adventures of Yet-to-be-Named-Kitten

Chapter 1.

Kitten felt bored and slightly irritated for no discernable reason. Kitten was out of sorts. Kitten’s brothers and sisters were napping - except for Olive - she had a touch of insomnia. (She had only slept 14 hours the day before.)

Blegh - kitten didn’t feel like napping. Instead she decided to try and figure out why she felt upset.

After deep contemplation, kitten decided she needed a new purpose in life. Napping, eating, and playing were obviously important, but she felt there must be something more.

How could she find direction? Then she remembered the really ridiculously hard to find wise women (most locales have a wise woman/man – some are easier to find than others). Trotting down the path kitten saw an old cat begging.

Feeling sorry for her she stopped and gave her the cricket she had been saving for an afternoon snack. After she eating the cricket the cat shook off her robe and kitten recognized her as the wise woman.

“Oh, yay,” said the kitten, “I thought it would be hard to find you."

The wise woman replied, saying, “Finding your nose is easy if it likes you.”

Kitten was confused but judged it best not to inquire about that one.

Instead she said, “Oh wise woman, is there more to life than playing, eating, and napping?”

“Do you need there to be?”

“Yes.”

“Then find something you care about doing and do it,” with that the wise woman disappeared.

Kitten thought, her cousin loved dancing -

- but that had never appealed to her.

Her father was a philosopher –

- but kitten was sure that would bore her.

Her older brother was a dog trainer.

(Kitten was allergic to dogs.)

Kitten despaired of ever finding something she cared about doing.

THEN

Rustle, scritch, MREOW!

Racing off to the source of the sounds kitten found a ransacked kitten cave and a badly shaken up kitten crying inside.

“What’s the matter crying kitten?”

“The kitty mafia stole my milk!”

“What can you do to get it back?”

“Nothing,” sobbed crying kitten, “I am ignorant of the legal-justice-system-thingy. I want my milk – waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.”

“I will help you,” declared our heroine. I will become lawkitten and fight for the rights of the oppressed!”

Thus lawkitten found a calling (and a new spiffy name).

*Special thanks to katespade for suggesting I write a story about a law kitty.* :)

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:56 pm

I realized that a great oversight had been made in the creation of the “who should I blog about next poll.” We forgot Alf! So why we wait on the results of the poll I have prepared a blog about Alf for your reading and viewing pleasure.

Alf14997 is the homeless ninja man. Alf has one of the most clever and memorable avatars on TLS. He has been working on his karate ninja skills for some time.

The reason for his dedication is heartbreaking. He must save his children, and he has many, many children. The following is but a small sampling -

Using his masterful powers of persuasion –

He persuaded people to part with their money.

This enabled him to train with the best.

Oddly enough, although we envision Alf as a middle age scruffy man, that is actually an illusion caused by his beard. Without his beard we can see he’s really closer in age to this –

Soon Alf will be ready to set out to rescue his family. He will arrive at the kidnapper’s lair and announce –

And he will prevail.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:53 pm

I am posting this entry as per my agreement with longodds. Stjobs was the clear winner of the poll and was granted veto power also per the agreement. Whether or not he actually likes the entry is unknown.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stjobs is currently ranked 3rd in the “most prolific TLSer listings,” of course if you disqualify Corsair for cheating this makes St.’s ranking 2nd. The school that’s currently on the top of his list is ranked 4th. Ranking and quantifications in general are very important to him. His grammar must be perfect. His qualifications to correct others are impeccable.

He loves scotch. It must be very good scotch or he will not accept it.

He claims he attends a TTT school, but his uncanny resemblance to a certain young wizard suggests that instead he attends the school with this uniform –

He is actively trying to steal Katkins away from her boyfriend.

His use of French (and the correction of the French of others) begs the question -

He believes his purpose in life is to always be right. TLS provides plenty of opportunities for him to exercise this purpose. As a matter of fact he corrected my grammar before he would let me post this entry.

He is active in humanitarian efforts devoting large amounts of time to the improvement of others.

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:10 pm

Adventures of Lawkitten.

Chapter Two: Difficulties

Lawkitten decided to not waste any time figuring out How to Become a Lawyer. First she went to the all powerful LSAK (Lawkittens Study About Kittenlaws). There she found out before she could proceed to law school she had to take the dreaded LSAT (Lawkittens Sob And Try).

The dreaded LSAK representative took most of lawkittens money before it would let her –

As lawkitten studied for this feared test –

she still carried out her every day activities. She wanted to study more, but even a lawkitten has to eat. Unfortunately she combined eating and sleeping far too often.

She also had to find a job on the side since LSAK had taken so much of her money. There were no jobs available that she liked but she gritted her cute little pointy teeth and went to work at these jobs -

Worried about her potential test performance lawkitten went looking for help. She quickly found an expert on the kitterwebs by the name of oddlylawkitten –

He promised her that with his help she would be able to conquer the LSAT.

Kitten wanted to be excited but she could not help but question his motives.

She asked him, “what’s in it for you?”

“Ah,” said he, “I can only tell you that after you have taken the test, but I will let the ultimate secret for conquering the test out of the bag.”

Oddlylawkitten leaned in close and whispered . . .

Chapter 3: The Secret

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:23 am

Why is longodds so good with the ladies? - Katkins
Not unlike Mel Gibson in “What Women Want” lordoddly has a special ability to read the minds of women. His ability is not foolproof. One girl he was interested in loved small furry (living) animals. He bought her a fur coat.
Also, why don't you use pictures of hamsters and chow-chows in your blog? - Katkins
I do have some lovely hamster photos that I would like to share. Sadly I have no pictures of chow-chows.

If there was a zombie take over would there be a possible way to turn them into slaves? - Jmckenzie
Of course there is, however, I prefer to keep that to myself so I don’t have to share the power.
If football, baseball and sports in general did not exist would men be men? - Jmckenzie
As long as men can still be lumberjacks and “sleep all night and work all day” I don’t think you have anything to worry about.
If I fail at the LSAT again, have I failed at life? - Jmckenzie
Yes, but only if life consists of a series of multiple choice questions about dressing clowns.
I have a girlfriend and I love her very much but lately Katkins dark humor has been making my stomach feel all warm. What should I do? - Jmckenzie
First you need to remove your laptop from your lap. Putting a book between it and your lap will help alleviate the heat, although the damage done to your little men by the laptop may already be irreparable. That’s ok your girlfriend never wants kids anyway (at least not with you).
If you could be any fictional character, who would it be and why? - Longodds
I would be Elizabeth Bennet. Like her I have come up with many witty comebacks, unlike her it's usually half an hour too late.
Do you have any political aspirations? - Longodds
Yes
What do you think is the worst thing you've ever done? - Longodds
I was nice to you once.
If you were exiled from the US, had to leave today and stay away for the rest of your life, where would you go and what would you do? - Longodds
I’d go write children’s books in the UK and travel. If I can’t tour the US of A I can darned sure see the rest of the world. PS – Don’t think getting me exiled will free you from the cute cats. They will find you no matter where I am.
what animal -- if elected president of the United States -- would do the best job at helping to restore the world's faith in America? And why? - Dansmeek
This is a tough one. Constitutional limits eliminates most animals as there aren’t a whole lot of species that live past 35. Out of the ones left I’d say the parrot. They may just repeat ideas and catch phrases back, but that seems to be a requirement for politicians. They’re clever and very pretty. I think other nations would be drawn to our new president. Plus if anyone gets cheeky the parrot can just bite them. Nations will not only respect us they will fear us.
what made you want to become an attorney? - Dansmeek
It’s a profession I can make a living at without being bored to death. Also I promised I would buy my cat more expensive toys, and I need the money.
longodds recently started a nation (see the related thread) and named his nation's animal the cateater (like an anteater but a cateater) how do you feel about that? - Dansmeek
Conisidering that it is an aquatic animal that targets catfish I’m not worried.
who, among TLS posters, do you find puts together better arguments: stjobs, or uzumati? – Dansmeek
Uzu.
do you think old people should be allowed to drive? – Dansmeek
Yes, otherwise how would we have ever gotten to piano lessons, soccer games, etc as children?
if you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? - Dansmeek
I would live in the The Empire of Felinities

Who will be the most successful TLS alumni? Why? - Riseagainst
Longodds

*stupid agreement - how was I to know this question would ever actually come up.

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:25 pm

Cats who remind me of celebrities – or – celebrities who remind me of certain cats.

Britney Spears

Kevin Federline

Paris Hilton

Lindsey Lohan

Joan Rivers

Snoop Dog

David Copperfield

Laura Flynn Boyle

Televangelists

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Thu May 03, 2007 3:36 pm

As people delete information left and right I've decided to be a rebel and post personal information in my blog. I understand that there are valid reasons for deleting/editing/disapearing, but this is about my rebelness.

I'm sending in my deposit to USC this week. That's were I'll be this fall unless the siren song to take the LSAT again overpowers me, or Harvard attemmpts to give me a heart attack by accepting me.

I orginally thought I'd choose UCLA over USC, but USC proved to be much more impressive to me in person.

My stats and many of my opinions are already floating around on this board so I'll share something new. This has been the hardest year of my life (yes I know I'm relatively young), and it taught me that while it's wise to have contingency plans don't try to eliminate all risks. It will drive you crazy, and life was not meant to be spend wrapped up in cotton and stored in your attic. Failure is not the end it just means you know what doesn't work. :)

To finish - never fear - I have cute kittahs to share!

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Thu May 03, 2007 4:44 pm

My sister is incapable of being wrong even if that means changing her original position. I never do that neither does anyone else on this forum. ;)

Also in law related news anyone looking for a USC roomate?

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Thu May 03, 2007 10:44 pm

Slash

I have been putting off writing a blog about Slash for a while because I couldn’t quite figure him out, but then it came to me - Slash is our very own renaissance man

He is a poet.

He not only contributes greatly to the intellectual world but also to the artistic world. He is a published poet and sings in the shower. He makes art.

He has connections to the unknown.

When I made an ill composed comment about his trip to Mt Fuji. I hit a nerve. He thought I was on to his secret search for the LSAT sensei. Well his reaction tipped me off that something was up. After much research I determined that not only was there such a sensei but that Slash had found him. This is how he got his amazing score, and he passes on this wisdom in the LSAT forum.

There is more to him than meets the eye.

I am convinced that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg in terms of what Slash has to offer to the world. Who knows what he is capable of?

Maybe this –

Or this –

The most exciting event is still to happen.

Soon he will ask his lovely girlfriend to marry him. She is far better looking than he is which proves how large her heart is for her to date him. ;) Here is a picture of them. She is quite obviously the better looking.

He leaves us (at least for a time).

He leaves up for the real world (it may exist I’m not really convinced). I’m afraid he may not come back that he will instead complete –

Until you rejoin us –

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Fri May 04, 2007 10:17 pm

My Achilles heel. The more I like you the more easily you can hurt my feelings. On the positive side if I don't like you it's hard for you to hurt my feelings . :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Fri May 18, 2007 7:17 pm

I realize I have not posted a proper blog in ages, and I'm afraid this will not be one. I just got back from visiting my family, and it was wonderful. Now I need to rest to recover from my vacation. Hopefully I'll have something new up soon.

Until then -

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Mon May 21, 2007 9:40 pm

The cute is lonely.

TLS is sad and boring compared to previous months. Why is this you ask?

It's because some posters are exhausted by their cycles and are now -

Some are upset because -

Some are devoting their efforts and times to other internet endeavors -

Some are enjoying their summer vacation -

Some of them are too busy from their amazing summer jobs (Stanford and Britt I'm looking at you) -

Some are through with the information provided and no longer see the point of sticking around -

And saddest of all some -

On a happier note some posters are just laying low and have not completely abandoned TLS. They are -

FloridaGirl

Silver

Post by FloridaGirl » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:37 pm

All things work together for the good . . .

FloridaGirl

Silver

Return of the Cute

Post by FloridaGirl » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:13 am

Cheeseburger time -

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”