2L Year They Work You To Death =( Forum

lishi

Silver

2L Year They Work You To Death =(

Post by lishi » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:55 am

So I've never had a blog before, but I figure there is always a first time for everything. And I'm bored right now so here we go...

I'm 20 years old, very naive about the world, thinks everyone is a nice person deep down, hate thinking the worst about people, and don't believe that anyone would stab me in the back to get ahead. I believe in karma, that as long as I try my best and try to do good for everyone that one day I will get that back in return. I know this will all change as soon as I enter law school, but honestly I hope it doesn't. I will find that people will use me to get ahead in classes or take advantage of my kindness to make me look bad, but deep down I hope I never have to experience that. A born and raised California girl, I never really knew what snow was until I moved to the East Coast. Snow was just something we visited a few times a year when we went up to Tahoe, but now I can say that I officially hate it. I'm a girly girl, I like getting my nails done, my hair highlighted. I like wearing makeup and looking pretty. As my girl Coco Chanel said:

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.

Although I like doing all those girly things that doesn't make me superficial, and if it does so what!!! I'm a smart girl and I don't think that just because I enjoy things that don't involve saving whales or hiking up mountains, makes me any less intelligent. I've worked hard for what I have and I'm proud of it and proud of where I am at in my life.

I thought it might be cool to look back and see all the stress that I put on myself throughout this entire Law School process. Currently I'm just studying for the June LSATs, and I've finally made my strict study schedule of how each day will be about a certain part of the test. As weird as it may sound to some, doing this has actually made me excited to study.

I love doing the Logic Games, and I always want to be doing more when I finish the ones for my section. I tried to go to Barnes and Nobles to see if they had books that just had questions that had been on previous tests, but that was completely useless. The only books they have are Kaplan and Princeton, which I don't want to buy cuz their method is so completely different than my LG Bible, that I don't want to confuse myself.

LR and RC are definitely going to be my hard sections, especially RC. At least with the LR I am starting to get it, and I'm starting to really understand what I'm supposed to be looking for. But with RC, I lack the confidence. I've never been good at RC, it was my weak section in the SATs and any other standardized test that we've had to take. I know this makes me sound like I'm not right for law school, I mean if I can't understand a certain passage, how can I possibly understand complex arguments. But my real trouble is reading the passage and answering the questions. I don't know if it's the actual questions or if it's the concentration required during the reading of the passage.

I guess this is a long enough post for my first one, so I'll stop and prolly continue later when I discover something new.
Last edited by lishi on Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 9 times in total.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:49 am

Ok so I had a pretty shitty day yesterday, and I feel like venting.

I'm taking Macro-Economics this term (because its a stupid general-ed course) and I would like to start off by saying that my teacher speaks in a complete monotone voice. Like I don't care how great of a student you are there is no way you can pay attention. Then he goes off on random tangents. He'll be talking about supply and demand and then suddenly just switch to social security and his opinions our opinions and he'll never relate it back to economics in any way!! It's crazy. For the tests you have to read the book and that is really your only chance at succeeding. This isn't just my opinion trust me I talk to other people in my class and they feel the same way.

So I've missed two classes all term. One was on Valentine's Day, which I don't think is a very bad thing, I wanted to spend it with my boyfriend. Then I missed the class before yesterdays. I know all you perfect TLSers are prolly like "Oh my God she skipped a class, how could she. She'd obviously not serious about school, blah blah blah" I am. I literally skipped TWO classes. That is not a lot for the whole term.

So my class starts at 6pm. At about 5:35 pm I get a call from my friend Eric saying that he heard from a guy in my class that we have the final tonight. Now all throughout the term the teacher has been talking about how the final will be the 21st. It is even scheduled as the 21st on the website that lists the dates and times for all the finals. This is a complete shock to me. I haven't even really studied yet!! I get to class and of course what do I find WE'RE HAVING OUR FINAL!!! I guess he suddenly decided to change the date, during the previous class, which I missed!! So I'm really freaking out because this is my only class this term. I need to get an A in it to raise my GPA. I WANT TO GO TO LAW SCHOOL ONE DAY!!! This isn't helping me!!!!!!!

So I realize I'm basically just going to have to guess on the test. Our teacher hands out the test and before we are allowed to start we have to write down a secret password that he gave out during the previous class!!! ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME!!!!!! I have never been punished so much for missing a class. It isn't even mandatory attendance. So now I have no secret f*ckin password to put on the back of test. So basically now the "A" that I worked really hard for could all be ruined. Our school just started the plus and minus system, so I also just found out that even if I get a B- it'll be a 2.xx I don't even know but it doesn't even count as 3.0!!!

Then on top of it I get home and I found out that the heating bill, just the heating bill, is $700.91. This is for the whole f*ckin house. I live on the third floor, so basically I sleep on top of my covers every night and sweat. It's disgusting. And of course all the other girls are so worried because thier parents will be so mad when they find out what their parents have to pay. The girls don't even have to pay thier bills. I HAVE TO PAY MY OWN BILLS. Imagine how pissed I am that now I'm going to have to spend over $250 for bills this month. Like HELLLO. So I basically told them that we're not turning on the heat again. I don't care how cold they get, they better find some blankets.

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :x :x :x :x :x :x

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:41 pm

So the best thing ever happened to me today!!! I had a horrible day yesterday, and today wasn't that much better. I was sooooo sad, I was being a hermit in my room, until someone knocks on my bedroom door.

It was my boyfriend!!!!!!!! He came all the way down to see me and make me feel better, because he knew i was having a bad week. So now he's going to be at my house all day tomorrow while I'm stuck at work. I really want to stay with him, I mean this is BIG i mean SUPER BIG. But I'm not good at making excuses. So I'm willing to take any ideas. As long as they seem possible.

I <3 LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:49 am

Ok so this weekend was different. I got my tax money back and just as I am about to finish registering for the LSATs I realize that my bank card is missing. I left it in the ATM on Saturday after my hair appt.

So I call Wachovia today to tell them what happened and see if its there. This is my conversation with the women.

Me: "Hi, I was calling today because I left my bank card in the ATM on Saturday afternoon, and I was hoping you could look and see if it was still there."

Wachovia Woman: "So you lost your card??"

Me: "Yeah I left it in the ATM on Saturday."

Wachovia Woman: "So you don't have your card with you right now??"

LIKE HELLO STUPID WOMAN!!!! If I had my car with me right now, would I be calling you and asking you to look for my card?? Maybe this is just me being mean, but I would think that I gave a lot of clear signs that I did not have card with me!!

So then the woman preceeds to tell me that it isn't there so it must have been destroyed and that I should have checked with them sooner. Well seeing as the bank is closed on Saturday and Sunday, and doesn't open till Monday at 9am, and I'm calling at 9:07am, there isn't really much earlier that I can call!! How was I suppose to check earlier?? Should I have broken into the bank or something.

I swear some people should not reproduce!!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:05 pm

So the boytoy has decided that he wants to go back to grad school. I'm soo excited. I know he likes teaching but its not something that he truly enjoys. He's debating between getting his masters in journalism or psychology. I just really want him to be happy, so its exciting to see him do something he enjoys.

Of course this means that we'll have to be applying to schools that are around the same area. This makes me a little nervous. Cuz I know that with my luck, I'll get into my dream school and he won't get into a school close by. Of course I would give it up, but it would just be really hard to give that up.

Oh well best of luck to all those in similiar situations!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:47 am

Happy First Day of Spring!!!!!!!

Ok so I just registered for the June LSATs (I know I'm behind)!!!!!!

I'm really excited because now it's really happening, there's no turning back. I'm dissapointed in myself today tho. I missed two days of studying this weekend so now I feel behind. I'm catching up today, but still it's just makes me sad because I feel like I let myself down.

Also I have a few questions that I would love you TLSers to help me answer.

1) Should I register for LSDAS now?? On the website it said I should wait till I'm about to start submitting my forms, but I kind of want to do it now. Are there any serious positives about waiting??

2) Tonight I'm doing two timed sections. Originally I was going to do two LR timed sections tonight and two LG timed sections tomorrow. Does anyone think that this is a bad idea?? Should I do a timed LR and LG section tonight, and then do another LR and LG section tomorrow?? Or is it better to focus on one each night??

3) When is it going to be hot enough that I can start riding with my top down?? This snow sh*t is really starting to bother me!!!!!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:26 pm

So I took two timed LR sections just now. I guess I'll start with the good points about what I discovered before I explain the incredibly horrible part.

Good Point

1) I finished my first timed section with about 4 minutes to spare, and my second timed question not answering only two questions.

This sounds good because time was my main concern. I was really afraid that I would never be able to do them within 35 minutes.

Bad Points

1) I got 12 answers wrong on both sections!!

That is sooo incredibly horrible I don't even know how to explain it. That kind of score would bring me down to a 161, and that's without taking the games or the RC section.

I did better on LR during my first diagnostic, when I hadn't studied anything, had a movie on in the background, and had people being lous and distracting me.

I mean how is that possible!!!! I should be improving I should see my score raise. EVERYONE SEES THERE SCORES RAISE!!! I look at everyone's post on here and after studying people jump up in scores even by a few points. And me I went down.

This is prolly the most discouraging thing that could happen right now. I mean I would assume that everyone's score gets somewhat higher after they've been studying and then it starts to even out as time goes on. I can't even get ahead a few points in the begining.

It's not like I haven't been studying because I have, I really have!!! And I have absolutely nothing to show for it. What if I'm not right for this test?? What if I can't beat this test or "dominate" it like I thought I could?? Is this too hard for me?? Am I not dedicated enough?? Why can't I have a positive result?? Why couldn't I have shown some sign of improvement?? Instead I'm stuck here now wondering what the point of studying is, when I just keep getting worse!!!!
[/u]

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:37 pm

So I'm watching March Madness right now, and while watching the Vandy Georgetown game all I can think about is how these players go to some really good law schools and they prolly don't even appreciate it. This is very sad, and also makes me wish I was athletic enough to have played a real sport so I could get into one of these great schools, and then in turn making it somewhat easier to get into the law school.

Also for the rest of the week I'm in Allentown. Allentown is the third largest city in the entire state of Pennsylvania. They have ONE library and it closes at 6pm. Do you know how inconvienent (sp?) this is for me??

Also I'm kind of upset because Im going to be going through TLS withdrawals, because my boyfriends internet is sooooo slow that in 1990 people would have said, "Man your internet is slow."

Oh and Georgetown won!!!

And this is my 800th post, isn't that funny!!!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:18 pm

Dear LR Questions,

I used to think that we could be friends. I mean I knew you were difficult and would be a challenge for me, but I was ready and determined to make this relationship work. As I read the LR Bible I understand you. Your questions seem easy, understandable, and forgiving. But then I try to take you timed, and you turn on me. You made me believe that we could combine our strengths and become great and then you go and let me down. This is so depressing. You're a tease!!!

Then the worst part is you alone determine what law school I go to or if I even go. And at the rate that you are treating me, it's looking more like no law school. I just don't understand how I can get you right when I practice and as soon as it becomes a score you turn on me. I feel like you are just taking and giving nothing back. My mind is obsessed with you and I just think about you every day and it drives me crazy. I mean my other friend LG is so kind to me. It has only gotten me three times on scored test and that was just stupid mistakes on my part. You on the other hand give me all of the trick questions!!! WHY???

I hope that we can soon mend our friendship and become a united force that cannot be stopped. "Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me. And after all you're my wonderwall."

~ lishi

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:37 pm

Hey Everyone!!!

I'm in a really good mood and I just wanted to post a pic that made me really happy today. I from a small town in California and I just saw this ad in a travel magazine promoting my town.

Ok so I decided to post pics because I miss my hometown and its pretty and I want to go back and Philly is cold.

Last edited by lishi on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:47 pm

Ok so I just got recieved an email from St Thomas Law School.

And before you feel like criticizing how stupid I am I would like to say

~ I know that they found my information from LSAC
~ I know that they probably send this email to everyone
~ I know that they are a third tier law school
~ And I bet most of you are getting letters from Harvard and whatever great school that makes you feel superiorto me

...but I am still soooooo excited!!! I feel like it's actually starting to be real, and it makes me happy. I'm going to law school and I'm super excited.
That and my LSAT score went up by three points today so tonight is Miller Lite night!!!!

So sorry if you think this is stupid but I'm HAPPY!!!!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:33 pm

Today is my review of all the LR sections that I have studied so far, and I'm realizing how much I absolutely hate LR. I mean it actually makes you feel stupid after reading the explanations to the answers, and I just go

"DUH lishi!!!! Like why couldn't you think of that???"

And I'm also wishing that games was 1/2 of the test. Does anyone understand how happy that would make me?? Then I think about how they say games have gotten easier and RC has gotten harder over the years. Well thanks a lot Mr. LSAT because I'm just starting to understand the easy RC sections, so the harder ones are most likely going to stump me!!

P.S. I think I got a 100% on my Finance test.
Last edited by lishi on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:08 pm

So I got my highest score yet on a preptest!!!!!!!!!

This is only two points lower than my goal so I am feeling absolutely fantastic today!!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:46 pm

So I've been going through the LR questions that I'm missing, and I found that the type of questions that I miss the most are Must Be True and Weaken. Those have to be the easiest questions to get. Must Be True is a basic question that you need to understand to fully understand the others. I'm so weird

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:01 pm

American Idol I Hate You!!!!!

But I Love The Children!!!!!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Thu May 03, 2007 11:11 am

So I'm really upset with myself right now. The June test is looming over my head, but suddenly my LSAT studying has gone to a slow crawl. I can't study as much as I used to be able to and this is the time that I feel like I need to study the most.

I'm taking six classes, and the term is 10 weeks. So basically that's a test and a paper due every week. On top of it all I have to start looking for 1 bedrooms because I have to be moved out before July. I'm so frustrated with myself right now and I feel like I'm not going to be able to do the best I can in June.

I mean I know I can cancel my June test and just take it in September but I really want to be able to apply early for all the schools because my GPA isn't as strong as other people. But if I wait till September and I don't do as well as I want then I can't retake again till December and that won't be early enough.

I just don't know what I should do?? Should I still take the June test and do the best I can or should I skip it and be stuck with whatever I get in September??

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Thu May 17, 2007 3:02 pm

Last edited by lishi on Thu May 17, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Thu May 17, 2007 3:04 pm

Less than a month to till the test that basically determines the rest of my life, and I think I'm honestly starting to hate everything LSAT. My mind is so sick of stupid questions that I daze off and miss some of the easiest questions!!!

Oh and I want to say that I think I have the LOUDEST library ever. I purposely go to the floor that is suppose to be the quitest and I have people jiggling their keys around and around, people stoping dropping books on the floor, blowing their noses obscenely.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:40 pm

Tomorrow is the June LSAT. I always expected that I would be nervous and scared, but right now I have a sort of calmness that can't be explained. I am confident in myself and my abilities. I know that I will try my best tomorrow, and that I will be proud of whatever I do. I know that if I feel like I can do better, there is always September. I know that I will get into law school, and that I will succeed in all that I do.

You can take from every experience what it has to offer you. And you cannot be defeated if you just keep taking one breath followed by another.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:34 pm

So I was very dissapointed in my June LSAT score, so I have decided to take the Sept LSAT. I studied really hard (of course now I think I could have studied more, like study for an hour instead of watching Grey's Anatomy, but I really did try and give it all I could) using the Logic Bibles, so I have decided to switch to the Kaplan method.

I already had a Kaplan book before, but I never used it so I plan on starting to go through that this week. I also signed up for a Kaplan course, with a good friend of mine so hopefully we can kick each other's butt in studying.

Hopefully it all works out this time!!!!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:45 am

So it's been awhile since I've been posting on TLS. But I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I stopped shortly after I found out my June score, and went into a state of depression. I knew my score wasn't an accurate representation of what I could have done, so I decided to take a Kaplan course over the summer time. With the Kaplan course and going to a year round school, I had to cut out things that were distracting. TLS being a major distraction in my life. LOL

Now I took the September test, I'm back to being hooked on TLS and reading every thread, and next Friday I'll experience all the hoopla that involves waiting for the scores. Although last time I had to wait till Saturday :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's good to be back to my addiction of TLS, because now I have the joy of freaking out over the application process with everyone else, instead of just reading about it like I was forced to do last year lol.

I'm currently writing/finishing up/hating/loving my personal statement so that as soon as my AMAZING score comes in I'll be able to apply.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:43 pm

So a few weeks ago, this guy hit the back of my car and when I got out it was just a few scratches i thought it was nothing. So I went to get an estimate from his insurance company and they gave me a check in my name for $979.21!!!!!!!! This is like the best day ever!!!!!

I feel like God just gave me a HUGE FEE WAIVER!!!!! Is this a sign that God wants me to go to law school???? I think so!!!!! :D :D :D :D

P.S. my car is barely even damaged. I can get some black paint from PepBoys and fix that right up!!!!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:20 pm

So I received my LSAT score and I'm not really happy about it. Everyone keeps telling me its a good score, but I'm just disappointed because I know I could do better. Oh well the LSATs are behind me and law schools are in my future!!!! I've figured out my final list of schools, and I'll be applying this week. Everyone wish me luck!!!!!

Here's THE list:

Super Reaches

Northwestern
UCLA
UVA
USC
Duke

Kinda Reaches

UNC
Emory
Fordham
Wake Forest
American

Targets

University of San Diego
Loyola (Los Angeles)
Temple
Villanova
USF
Santa Clara

Safety

Howard

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:42 pm

Sent in my first application today!!!!!!

I'm over a week behind, because I had a teacher who just sent my last LOR on Monday, even though I told her that the very latest she could send it was last Monday. But I won't go into that too much. I only applied to Santa Clara today just so I could make the Early Action program and get my decision earlier.

Also I have been getting fee waivers from schools, but I'm not really going to add any extra schools to my list because I already have 17 applications. The only one I am considering is Pacific McGeorge and it was on my list originally and I removed it so who knows.

So the only fee waivers I received from schools I'm applying to is: Wake Forest, Temple, and Santa Clara.

Hopefully this will be a good cycle for me!!!!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:13 pm

So I feel bad because my teacher sent my LOR last Monday, after I kept emailing her about it. Today it is still not processed, so I sent her another email and she tells me she sent it last Monday, and she apologizes that she didn't send it out in September. So now I made her feel bad when really I should be pointing my hatred toward LSAC. I guess I have to wait till Wednesday next week and if it still isn't submitted than I can have her fax it.

NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!! I feel like that is forever in application time. I feel behind because everyone else is submitting applications, and I'm just watching them.

On top of all this, I'm afraid that I'm not going to get into any schools and the fact that I have to keep waiting is making me even more nervous. Ughhhh I hate application time.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”