Interstellar burst Forum

safado

New

Interstellar burst

Post by safado » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:23 am

Well here is my blog, I guess I can start revealing more about myself since my cycle is pretty much over (although I do wish Stanford would reply so I have an excuse to visit San Fran). I use parentheses too much, sorry for that.

Safado basically means "shameless trickster" in Portuguese. It is usually used in a joking/loving way, that is why I chose it. I speak Portuguese and have spent quite a bit of time living in Brazil and doing research about Brazil. Uh, I'm tired now and don't feel like doing more, but I'll update later. Tchau.

safado

New

Post by safado » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:42 pm

So today I had flashbacks to my LSAT score release day, and let me just say that I hate the LSAT. And I did really well on it. If I hadn't I would probably be even more angry. The LSAT is ridiculous, but it does give state school people like me a chance to succeed against all you scary Ivy leaguers.

safado

New

Post by safado » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:54 pm

So I have now received both the YLS and HLS admitted students binders. Harvard wins hands down. Yale's is something I could have made in 5 minutes with supplies from Walmart. Harvard's binder is very professional and full of useful information. Round 1 goes to Harvard.

safado

New

Post by safado » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:15 pm

So I today I have had this moment of doubt about going to Harvard or Yale. I really want a decision from Stanford so that is in the mix too. I'm beginning to think I would actually consider Stanford and they might end up winning out. I love San Fran., Yosemite is my favorite place in the world (and I've been A LOT of places), and Tahoe has the best selection in the world of ski resorts in such a small area. Sometimes I think I would be happier there: I actually know people there, and it is much closer to family/friends. I don't understand how Yale could respond so quickly and Stanford could be so slow. Oh well.

safado

New

Post by safado » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:21 pm

Saying "I've been a lot of places" in the last email got me thinking - "I have been a lot of places!". Here are a few: New Zealand (5 times), Australia (twice), Japan (3 times), Malaysia (can't count how many times), Singapore (3 times), Indonesia (twice), Thailand (twice), Cambodia, China, South Africa, Egypt, Kenya, Senegal, Morocco, pretty much everywhere in Europe (too many time to even list, but I've been to Europe at least 15 times), Brazil (twice), Argentina, Paraguay, Peru, Mexico (duh, I live 2 hours away), Costa Rica (3 times), Panama, Nicaragua, Belize (3 times), Canada (7 times), Russia, Israel, Jordan, and I'm too tired to keep remembering. Plus I've been to pretty much every state in the U.S. (except Connecticut, go figure). I hope I have time to travel in law school, otherwise I'll probably go crazy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”