they call her mississippi.. but she don't roll to me Forum

Slash2049

Bronze

they call her mississippi.. but she don't roll to me

Post by Slash2049 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:31 pm

Thoughts, random quotes, and self-depreciating comments
Last edited by Slash2049 on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:41 am, edited 17 times in total.

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:18 pm

I got some really interesting emails the other day from Pepperdine, the first being an invitation to apply along with a pseudo promise that they'd give me a bunch of money to go there.

The second one, after asking if I'd watched their video included my fee-waiver. I'm more looking for a ls in the Northeast or the South, but I'd considered going to Pepperdine for undergrad, and as a CoC my whole life, I fit their religious profile well.

It's food for thought, especially if they do give me loads of money...

Slash2049

Bronze

Late Nights Make Me Tick

Post by Slash2049 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:29 am

Does my title rhyme??
I'm still not sure... and it's making me a little paranoid

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:38 am

i don't like this post anymore
Last edited by Slash2049 on Wed May 02, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:07 pm

(in my last blog.. vanilla means all the same.. not white.... sorry for any mix-ups)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:24 am

I had the option this semester of finishing my undergrad by taking 15 hours, but if I had taken 18 hours and gotten straight a's it would have raised my GPA by around .2.. but the extra hours wouldn't be covered by my scholarship... so I took the 15 and 500 dollars and let it be... but before deciding to apply to law school I would never have even considered taking an extra class to raise my GPA.... oh the fun new nuances and facets of my life post LSAT.

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:36 am

I really once thought about auditioning for American Idol...then I recorded myself singing in the car by accident one day (misplaced modifier's are my addiciton). And I realized... I sound much better with loud guitars or a soft piano accompaning me, acappella is better left to those with talent... and hard egos.

Slash2049

Bronze

making out is hard to do

Post by Slash2049 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:31 am

so... the snickers homoerotic kiss commercial was directly followed by the victoria's secret first kiss commercial.. and it make me think.... there's no way that the best people possible are being utilized for television advertisement... i mean really... i have friends who can come up with better stuff unconscious... and two... station programmers are either intentionally much smarter than us or good at breaking in on the unintentional comedy scale...

Slash2049

Bronze

Moot Court and Camelot...

Post by Slash2049 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:13 pm

This is why I am going to love my last semester as an undergrad....

Thursday we get our roles in my American Local Government class simulation (aka Camelot). The roles I requested were a planning commissioner, newspaper editor/publisher (who gets to publish a new edition every class), and city councilman. While being a retired NFL QB would be nice in real life, I'm really psyched about these other roles because it will give me something to do besides read TLS so that when I do check in there will be much more new stuff for me to read.....

Anyways, we also start Moot Court sign ups for my Con. Law class next week. I think I've decided I want to sign up as a justice, mainly because I'm a listen to both sides of the argument before you choose kind of guy, and I look debonair (read-Dead Sexy) in a black robe. Now if I can only figure out whether to be Scalia, Kennedy, or Ginsberg......

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Slash2049

Bronze

On top of ol Fuji..

Post by Slash2049 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:29 pm

Fun picture I took at the summit of Mt. Fuji (it came up in another thread somewhere)

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:56 pm

It ain't easy being green....

I like changes.. I can't stay in one place to long...

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:06 pm

So I'm the editor/publisher of the Camelot Daily News... that means that I can stay up and spend late nights typing a fictional newspaper and scanning TLS.

Slash2049

Bronze

POSTS I'm proud of.... PART 2

Post by Slash2049 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:38 pm

this thread is like watching a train wreck.. but then it turns out that one of the trains was full of kangaroos... and now all the kangaroos are just jumping around, and the crowd has forgotten the trains and just staring at the kangaroos, but now it's getting monotonous.. and everyone's getting bored until someone new walks up and is like "Hey.. what's with the kangaroos?" then everyone else wants to be the one to tell the story and where they were when it happened and what they think caused the wreck, and meanwhile all the passengers and train personnel have left...
Well.. I was just coming home from work, and there was all this shouting.. seems the westbound train got on the wrong track and slammed straight into the eastbound from Pawtucket.. the conductor over there lost an arm.. wait.. where'd he go... long story short... kangaroos have taken over the preschool, and I'm selling t-shirts

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:47 am

One of the main two topics I am thinking about writing my PM on, is how on paper I seem just like the majority.. white middle class male political science major... but how i've never met anyone like me, and how my ideals, politics, thoughts, are so different from the norm (at least the norm around me here). I need a city with a lot of different types of people around me. A city to get lost in, a city to stand out in, a city that will breathe around me.

I've been on the Interesting LSN thread with Katkins and Serenity, and this whole thing is a little crazy.

I'm dying for the day that...
I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.
I realize that until we start from the bottom up and change the education system, and other aspects, we've got to work hard to keep people from getting discriminated and unfairly treated. This is one of my dreams to work on this.

But at the same time Reverse Discrimination and stereotyrping of the majority happens a lot too. And there's many times where being over represented as a class group sucks. Just because there's a lot of people who "share" my ethnic background means that they're too much like me for me to contribute into a law school.

In a vacuum, if test scores were equal, URM would be a great plus in viewing the applicant files. But like we used to say in football. Just because the refs are making calls against you doesn't mean you get to whine about the calls... what it does mean is that you have to play so great that you can still win even if all the calls go against you.

I guess that's my credo in this process. Take what I have, and use it, and let other people have to think for themselves whether I or other people are worth their time, effort, money, and risk.
Last edited by Slash2049 on Wed May 02, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:35 am

i have got to stop making multiple blog posts in one day...

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:21 pm

So I've been having these dreams lately...

In many of them I'm already married and have a kid... and in everyone of them I'm living in New York and the baby is a girl. I really hope that both of those come true. (Are you listening Columbia?)

But in another one, I was with Bruce Willis, and some parents of my best childhood friend. And... we were in a Die Hard movie, which is great, until I got shot in the back. I didn't die, but that hurt like hell.... how dare you Terrorist Lackey..... how... dare... you...

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:31 pm

i have the sinking suspicion that i'm a thread killer...

--ImageRemoved--

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:32 pm

by the way.. i'm irrationally afraid of clowns

....l....
....l....
....l....
....l....
..\_/..
...\/...

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:29 pm

So brittlyn's blog updates brighten my day. It's almost like watching a great new TV show. I want to be the annoying neighbor. I could be good at that.

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:05 pm

deleted out of it's frickin existence!
Last edited by Slash2049 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:24 pm

So today I secretly (well before now at least) went back and looked at all the games section of the Dec. LSAT, you know... as a comfort blanket. I don't see how people can take the test twice, I get tired now just thinking about studying again for it. So I'll stick to rehashing good memories, just like good rock/dance records put together perfectly in a memorable playlist.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:15 am

I took the requisite day off from TLS to avoid complete dependence addiction. Now I'm too tired to catch up, and I'm just gonna have tg start all over tomorrow....

again.. i hope your happy TLS, i'm cold and lonely, and jonesy for your touch....

and............i'm out

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:49 pm

i'm going back to kermit until i find a real picture i like again...stupid school computer policies... the gaellic cross was too serious...

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:45 am

i watch too many cartoons...

Slash2049

Bronze

Post by Slash2049 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:26 pm

So I'm off to interview/audition for Kaplan test prep.

I know it's easy/not a good job, but it's something to put on my resume, and will be a little extra income over the summer.

They moved up my interview from next week, and I didn't realize at the time I was already scheduled to work. Oh well.... wish me luck.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”