The Journey:

Pyke

The Journey:

Postby Pyke » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:38 am

Hard to believe, that as I write this, it will be my five thousandth post on this site. Certainly, when I stumbled across it, trying to find information concerning the LSATs that I had just finished writing, I would never have expected that I would be posting for the five thousandth time, at any point, let alone six months later. Yet, here I am.

When I started on this site, I was a rookie to the U.S. Law School game, but also to the entire process. I think I was a much different person then I was, even today, then as well. I certainly had been in online forums and games before, but, nothing with respect to something so important, or that would control the rest of my life so closely. Back when I joined, I did not have an LSAT score, I had no idea where I would be applying to schools, I certainly was largely unsure of the process and facing a daunting task ahead of me.

This site, at the time populated by a very different group of people, helped change that. I learned about the top schools, what LSAT scores would mean, about resources that could help me improve elements of my application, and about the things that mattered in the process. I learned of all the things that I never would have thought of, just how important it was to craft a personal statement that could tell a story, what an academic resume was, how to write an addendum, and certainly, where I should be setting my sights. I’m thankful for all those who helped me along the way.

Certainly, over the past five thousand posts, I’ve tried to pass back on some of that knowledge. Through the guide that I wrote for the Logical Reasoning Bible, I tried to help those who were preparing for the September LSAT be more confident, though I don’t know if I succeeded in that regard. I helped solve some logic games questions, and did my best to provide advice where I could. When Ken offered the opportunity to write some content for the site, I was fortunate enough to be able to write a resume guide, which should be posted soon. I’ve sadly not been able to write the Canadian Law School Profiles as of yet that Ken wanted, though I still have every intention of doing this pro bono should the opportunity arise over the summer when I have more time again. Hopefully the people who have used these resources or who have posted with me, have benefitted from their existence a mere fraction of the amount I’ve benefitted from this site. I have a hard time imagining where I would find myself, without this site, without the resources that I’ve had.

When I look back at the last few months, in my personal life, a lot has changed. Since joining this site, I’ve written two LSATs, completed two semesters, completed a teaching assistant position, trained for and competed in a competition representing my University, applied to 32 Law Schools, been admitted at just over half a dozen, and managed to somehow improve my social life to become a part of the University, like I never was before. Through it all, I’ve been able to come on here, and not only gain knowledge and insight, but share good times with countless people, all of whom have had a profound impact on where I am today and on my loving the site as much as I do. The road has not always been smooth, but I don’t think I’d change it for the world.

The reality is, Law School, and life, is a hard journey. The process of applying to Law Schools is perhaps the hardest journeys of our lives. It is beyond the scope of anything we’ve ever done, and it dictates so much of more of our future than any given course, any given exam, ever will do. To quote a Chinese Proverb, “To get through the hardest journey, we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping.” I truly feel that, this site, TLS, has helped me keep on stepping, through the challenges that the process creates.

For that, I’ll always be greatful.

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of the journey to date, and specifically to Dounia (though, you may be angry at me these days, you always made me smile), HH (wherever you end up, the school will be better for it, and I hope its near me), IME (honestly bud, you help me keep my sanity every day), Alex (you’re still my favorite person and the brightest guy on this site, hands down), and of course, Ken, whom each and every day with every post reaffirms the fact that there are good people in this world, who actually simply want nothing but to improve the lives of others.

To the rest of you, I have not forgotten your contributions, many of you regularly make me smile and I’m glad you’re here, and I would not get rid of any of you…well except maybe Corsair :P….. nah, on second thought, I suppose it wouldn’t be the same without our favorite moderator. I hope I am fortunate enough to share another five thousand posts here with all of you, and hope that, regardless of where you all end up in life, that each and every one of you ends up happy.

Until tomorrow,

-Pyke

--ImageRemoved--

Pyke

Re: The Journey:

Postby Pyke » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:13 pm

It's been fun.

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”