Blog- why not? Forum

polaris769

New

Blog- why not?

Post by polaris769 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:43 am

So, I've decided to start a blog thanks to plenty of free time during this winter. Few facts- I go to UVA Law School (guy who went to the law school straight from undergrad), am staying in Charlottesville over the winter (since my entire family is on vacation to the old country, sigh), and trying to do research for a professor (trying is the operative word since a secretary needs to let me in to her office, except there are no secretaries around). So I have a lot of free time which I use to sometimes haunt the school which resembles a ghost-town and to haunt nearby bookstores. I've also watched plenty of movies and started work on my magnus opus- a fantasy set in a Lost World type setting (Arthur Conan Doyle's Lost World, not Michael Crichton's). I've also decided to catch up with many old movies that I watched long ago like the Prisoner of Zenda, Arsenic and Old Lace, the Shop Around the Corner, etc. I also try not to dwell on my law school grades though its hard not to considering that in the last few days I've seen my torts professor grading exams whenever I pass his office. So, if any fellow UVA law students are on here and are obsessively checking that SIS transcript page every day, please give a shout out so that I know that I'm not alone in my anxiety, lol.

Oh yeah- couple facts about UVA. Law school was a pretty fun experience for me, at least until I get my grades back. Its very much like an undergrad frat with a pronounced drinking and softball culture. The gunners I've met aren't obnoxious, and some people are downright hilarious. There is this a guy who wears a sweater vest to all of his classes without fail, another guy who is obsessive about trains and a guy who had to go the hospital twice already for over-drinking. The weather until December 20th or so was great. Great experience overall.

polaris769

New

Re: Blog- why not?

Post by polaris769 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:26 am

Movies

I was watching The Dark Knight again, and I realized something- this is one of the first movies to have a true ensemble cast. Obviously the main actors are famous (Bale, Eckhart, Ledger, Gyllenhaal, Oldman, Caine, Freeman), but the minor actors have also been stars in their own drama series or movies. For example, the news anchor was the star of the series the Dead Zone, the gangster Gambol who gets his face cut up by the Joker is pretty famous for starring in low budget martial arts movies and the banker at the beginning with the shot gun was one of the main characters in the series Prison Break, and the main villain in Season 2 of the series. I think this just goes to show the high demand for roles, even small roles, in a huge blockbuster movie like the Dark Knight.

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”