Cities with best Quality of Life

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Best QOL

Portland
7%
Seattle
11%
Chicago
11%
Denver
9%
San Franciso
11%
Philadelphia
4%
Boston
7%
Austin
14%
NY
11%
San Diego
16%

Total votes: 493

James Bond

Re: Cities with best Quality of Life

Postby James Bond » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:10 pm

ccs224 wrote:While you might not always enjoy your life here, you can atleast rest assured that it's better than life elsewhere.

How does that even make sense? If you don't enjoy your life in NYC, chances are there is somewhere in the entire world where you'd be happier. Either that or it's time for prozac

Jay-Electronica

Postby Jay-Electronica » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:14 pm

James Bond wrote:
ccs224 wrote:While you might not always enjoy your life here, you can atleast rest assured that it's better than life elsewhere.

How does that even make sense? If you don't enjoy your life in NYC, chances are there is somewhere in the entire world where you'd be happier. Either that or it's time for prozac

lmaooooooo

exactly what I was thinking. It was precisely the response I was expecting as well. Typical.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
James Bond wrote:

lmaooooooo

exactly what I was thinking. It was precisely the response I was expecting as well. Typical.

...you really can see the future?

Jay-Electronica

Postby Jay-Electronica » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:23 pm

James Bond wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
James Bond wrote:

lmaooooooo

...you really can see the future?

Of course, I knew you would buy the macbook. :wink:

fortissimo

Postby fortissimo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Eazy E wrote:
ccs224 wrote:You don't have to earn 250k a year to enjoy NYC. I'm making not even a fifth of that, and I still love the city. The fact is, New York is the center of so many great and diverse aspects of cultural life (the arts, music, dance, publishing, journalism, music again etc) and most people can benefit from these directly or indirectly. That said, there's a lot it lacks. It's crowded and dirty. If you don't make a shit ton of money, you probably won't be able to own a place (unless you want to own a three family apartment building with rent controlled tenants in Bushwick or Bed-Stuy), and will be a renter and commuter for most of you life. It lacks natural beauty and accessibility to non-urban areas. However, after being in NYC for awhile, it becomes very difficult to respect most other places. While you might not always enjoy your life here, you can atleast rest assured that it's better than life elsewhere.[/quote]

I LOL'd. Reminds me of the Bay Area attitude: even though we're all broke, we'll NEVER leave.

hahaha, exactly. NYCers, Bay-ers, and Texans need to be shot. Those 3 are probably the worst for this mentality despite many of them never having lived anywhere else (in America). I said in America because it seems most NYCers and Bay-ers were born abroad.