Sexiest girls...which school? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
GeePee

Silver

Re: Sexiest girls...which school?

Post by GeePee » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:19 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Dating other law students/lawyers is bad for your mental health. Date a doctor, teacher, accountant, anything but another lawyer.. Just my opinion.
Lawcest leads to a stunning backlash against the law and proper society, ultimately culminating in 24 hours of intense texas hold'em, stud, hi/low, and draw poker in an attempt to pay off your recently paroled roommate's debt. However, you will get an opportunity to play against an oreo-eating John Malkovich with a Russian accent in an epic heads-up battle for your livelihood.

Sounds pretty cool to me.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Pearalegal wrote: I find the label really loses any sting when its shared by the person using it.

No, usually advanced degree programs aren't the land of hot people though there are obviously a ton of exceptions to this. Its more the fact J-man seems to assume any attractive girl will/should rely on her looks that bothers me.
I don't see how the person making the argument is really relevant...

The premise underlying j-man's post is pertinent to the premise of this (utterly retarded) thread. Law school is not the place to find extremely attractive girls (or guys). Besides the fact that it (statistically) attracts less attractive people, there is the fact that 3 years of worry and stress does indeed do a number on people. Hell, I've been in school for 2 months now and already affecting my complexion. :?

Of course the above point cannot be fairly made without mentioning something else: there is more to life than bagging a 9/10. If you're not weirded out by lawcest, there are plenty of sufficiently attractive and extremely intelligent, albeit overly intense, people in law school...
Last edited by rayiner on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:22 pm

biv0ns wrote:
talibkweli wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:Ugh, can we get a ban?

what? why? this guy is pure laughs, which is more than most trolls can say. lets try not to take this stuff so seriously.
ya come on now peara, he's not bad.
Fiiiiiine. I dealt with some for reals sexism in for reals life this weekend, and I'm cranky. I think I'll just duck out of this one.

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
biv0ns wrote:
talibkweli wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:Ugh, can we get a ban?

what? why? this guy is pure laughs, which is more than most trolls can say. lets try not to take this stuff so seriously.
ya come on now peara, he's not bad.
Fiiiiiine. I dealt with some for reals sexism in for reals life this weekend, and I'm cranky. I think I'll just duck out of this one.
oh do tell. keep this thread going :D

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:26 pm

so....sexy ladies @ which schools?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:27 pm

biv0ns wrote:
I was told by a guy in law school that I wouldn't be taken seriously by my professors, or anyone else in the legal profession. He was drunk, and I think trying to be somewhat funny, but the guy is an ass anyways.

Quite appropriate, yes?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:28 pm

TheWire wrote:so....sexy ladies @ which schools?
I heard Ave Maria. Can someone confirm/deny?

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:30 pm

rayiner wrote: I don't see how the person making the argument is really relevant...
If someone calls another person stupid, who is less than intelligent themselves, can you really take their opinion seriously?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
rayiner wrote: I don't see how the person making the argument is really relevant...
If someone calls another person stupid, who is less than intelligent themselves, can you really take their opinion seriously?
I think it would hurt more, I'd be like damn...THAT PERSON thinks I'm stupid? /self.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
biv0ns wrote:
I was told by a guy in law school that I wouldn't be taken seriously by my professors, or anyone else in the legal profession. He was drunk, and I think trying to be somewhat funny, but the guy is an ass anyways.

Quite appropriate, yes?
did he say that because you were a woman? if so...that's an almost laughably terrible joke lol what a tool

Oblomov

Bronze

Post by Oblomov » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:38 pm

Why do I suspect this question is asked by people for whom it will not matter?

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Oblomov wrote:Why do I suspect this question is asked by people for whom it will not matter?
You're about 4 pages late, good sir

Drummingreg

Bronze

Post by Drummingreg » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:41 pm

GeePee wrote:Lawcest leads to a stunning backlash against the law and proper society, ultimately culminating in 24 hours of intense texas hold'em, stud, hi/low, and draw poker in an attempt to pay off your recently paroled roommate's debt. However, you will get an opportunity to play against an oreo-eating John Malkovich with a Russian accent in an epic heads-up battle for your livelihood.

Sounds pretty cool to me.
^I wish people would stop perpetuating the myth that everyone in law school is a part-time poker stud and that the professors will give you thousands of dollars to help payback friend's debts. That's only true in HYS and maybe CCN. (but in this economy, who knows?)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:44 pm

ok... I can't handle the dweeb comments anymore; so, I'm not gonna lie...I'm extremely intelligent, extremely good-looking, and EXTREMELY humble. My gorgeous sorority girlfriend is not gonna move to law school with me so WHERE THE HUNNIES @

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:56 pm

TheWire wrote:ok... I can't handle the dweeb comments anymore; so, I'm not gonna lie...I'm extremely intelligent, extremely good-looking, and EXTREMELY humble. My gorgeous sorority girlfriend is not gonna move to law school with me so WHERE THE HUNNIES @
Gorgeous, genius, and humble yet she's still not willing to move. man...that really calls suspect to your penis size

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
No, but that's different. To judge someone else's intelligence you have to recognize characteristics indicative of intelligence. That is hard to do without a certain intellectual capacity yourself. To judge someone else's attractiveness, you have to recognize characteristics indicative of attractiveness (these are largely based on socialization and comparison with external references). Your own features don't really come into play.

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:07 pm

jerry jason wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
jerry jason wrote: Most of the girls you see in the library on a weekend are the ones who you see in law school.
Wait, if you were in the library on a weekend to even see those girls, I'm not sure you have any right to pass judgement.
I studied more than anyone I have ever met. I would wake up in the morning on Saturday to go to the library until 7 at night. I always was at the library on weekends. I also went out 3-4 times a week. I am a nerd that likes to go out. Most of the people I know have NO IDEA that I did good in school because I was out all the time. But I got my work done.

But the library has very ugly girls who realize that it is in their best interest not to rely on their looks.
You clearly excelled in English. I'm also assuming that with all this studying, you don't have chiseled pecs and biceps as big as my head and therefore wouldn't get a hottie even if she were right in front of you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

valley splitter

Bronze

Post by valley splitter » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:07 pm

I wouldn't choose a law school based on the proportion of hot girls but I hope against all hope that there is a high proportion of attractive girls wherever I end up. I wouldn't mind hooking up with a few classmates but there is obviously an inherent danger, and self-satisaction, in doing so. There's nothing like walking into a room and knowing you've hooked up with a decent number of girls in it. It's especially hilarious when they know it too. I can imagine not even getting through first semester of 1L before I get sexiled by the law school female population and have to resort to hooking up with undergrads. Who said grad school can't be fun?

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:09 pm

valley splitter wrote:I wouldn't choose a law school based on the proportion of hot girls but I hope against all hope that there is a high proportion of attractive girls wherever I end up. I wouldn't mind hooking up with a few classmates but there is obviously an inherent danger, and self-satisaction, in doing so. There's nothing like walking into a room and knowing you've hooked up with a decent number of girls in it. It's especially hilarious when they know it too. I can imagine not even getting through first semester of 1L before I get sexiled by the law school female population and have to resort to hooking up with undergrads. Who said grad school can't be fun?
:?

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:13 pm

valley splitter wrote:I wouldn't choose a law school based on the proportion of hot girls but I hope against all hope that there is a high proportion of attractive girls wherever I end up. I wouldn't mind hooking up with a few classmates but there is obviously an inherent danger, and self-satisaction, in doing so. There's nothing like walking into a room and knowing you've hooked up with a decent number of girls in it. It's especially hilarious when they know it too. I can imagine not even getting through first semester of 1L before I get sexiled by the law school female population and have to resort to hooking up with undergrads. Who said grad school can't be fun?

God, I hope that you and Jerry Jason don't end up at the same school. The girls what even know what hit them!!!

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:16 pm

I remembered why I don't take the internet seriously anymore. TIME 4 MOAR FLAMEZ PLX

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

valley splitter

Bronze

Post by valley splitter » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:21 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:

God, I hope that you and Jerry Jason don't end up at the same school. The girls what even know what hit them!!!
It's funny, one of my friends from high school said that about me and another friend. We ended up going to the same undergraduate school. Needless to say, our behavior, as well as that of other students from the all boy school I attended, has left a lasting legacy at my undergrad. God, I hope I get a round two at this.

P.S. I really think all boy schools, though great for students in terms of academics and athletics, really shape males who live in a state of perpetual adolescence. I'm not ashamed to say I have the Peter Pan mentality. I'm just looking for my Tinker Bell.

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:48 pm

You are not nearly as memorable as you think.

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:46 pm

All the SEC law schools. End of thread. Also, the lower ranked the better (i.e. Ole Miss).

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:49 pm

Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”