Best looking female students?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
randomlybrian

Re: Best looking female students?

Postby randomlybrian » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:24 am

She owes me a few grand and cheated but all in all, I'm better off. I know everyone claims their ex is crazy, but mine really did suffer from clinical bi-polar disorder. I couldn't keep her in therapy long enough to make a change and it eventually boiled down.

But, to get off of me and back on topic - SoCal has great prospects for great looking women who happen to be relatively intelligent.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:25 am

randomlybrian wrote:She owes me a few grand and cheated but all in all, I'm better off. I know everyone claims their ex is crazy, but mine really did suffer from clinical bi-polar disorder. I couldn't keep her in therapy long enough to make a change and it eventually boiled down.

But, to get off of me and back on topic - SoCal has great prospects for great looking women who happen to be relatively intelligent.

What difficulties did you have keeping her in therapy? Why didn't it work?

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:37 am

Drake014 wrote:
randomlybrian wrote:She owes me a few grand and cheated but all in all, I'm better off. I know everyone claims their ex is crazy, but mine really did suffer from clinical bi-polar disorder. I couldn't keep her in therapy long enough to make a change and it eventually boiled down.

can't you see the man tried to shrug it off and change the subject?

sheesh...

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:38 am

Panther7 wrote:
Drake014 wrote:

can't you see the man tried to shrug it off and change the subject?

sheesh...

On the contrary, I think he was reaching out.

Jay-Electronica

Postby Jay-Electronica » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:40 am

Arent all women crazy, I have yet to be in a relationship with a woman who is halfway rational. Could just be me tho

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:42 am

VoidSix wrote:California gets a lot of credit in the Bay Area that it doesn't deserve, IMO. Stanford is a pretty good looking campus, but Berkeley is pretty average. The SoCal schools are where it gets the reputation--from USC / UCLA / UCSB / Pepperdine.

Pepperdine? How the heck did that get in there. UCSB - ok, not a law school, but pretty people - but WTF did Pepperdine come from?

I can't answer for T14, but I'd say, having grown up in NY, any school there is a safe bet because you'll have a ton of op outside of the school, and enough of any type you want - so get to have good pickings and no worry about having to resort to lawcest.

Out in Cali, um, people are pretty darn pretty here. But they are pretty aloof. It's not a dating/relationship culture so much, so if you are into to casual, you'll like it fine.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:19 pm

Have you seen the girls at Pepperdine?

ObamaHasDoneJack

Postby ObamaHasDoneJack » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Yimbeezy

Postby Yimbeezy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:12 pm

IDILL_E wrote:Arent all women crazy, I have yet to be in a relationship with a woman who is halfway rational. Could just be me tho

I'm still looking too.

academiccricket

Postby academiccricket » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Are you talking about best looking law students? Or best looking students in general?

Honestly, you should be looking for cities with girls who are the best-looking in dead-end, minimum wage jobs, so you can woo them with big lawyer money and then they are dependent on you for everything.

Snowdrifter

Postby Snowdrifter » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:07 pm

I'm not a 1L yet (obviously, or I probably wouldn't have found time to reply to dying threads), but I was fairly amused by a lot of the posts and sub-topics in here.

Having traveled extensively throughout the country in my brief 2 years, my own humble opinion is that it's a little too hard to generalize which schools (or regions) have hotter student bodies, since that is going to be a subjective evaluation.

That being said, it is fairly obvious that girls in certain regions are more likely (read: "likely", I'm not trying to pigeonhole everyone) to fit a certain mold. So...pick an area that is more likely to have your favorite 'flavor', so to speak. :)

As much as I like the relaxed, friendly atmosphere in the South, my experiences there have discouraged me from pursuing it for law school or employment long-term. I tend to be a health and exercise nut, and exercise/dietary concerns are fairly neglected in much of the South. Besides, I don't like hot weather ALL the time. :lol:

As far as dating inside law school... it seems to be the majority opinion that law students should avoid dating inside their class. I can certainly see how this would have advantages and disadvantages. My best friend used to attend the same school as his fiance, and it did foster a bit of unnecessary competition...

Like OperaSoprano mentioned, I see a lot of my old friends from HS and UG getting engaged and/or married, and I feel a little bit behind, even though I'm only 24. Still, I've resisted the pressure to 'settle', with the intention to wait until I find a great match. 8)

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:56 pm

IDILL_E wrote:Arent all women crazy, I have yet to be in a relationship with a woman who is halfway rational. Could just be me tho

To quote Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets.

Woman: "How do you write women so well?"
Jack Nicholson: "I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability."

ResIpsaLoquitur

Postby ResIpsaLoquitur » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:17 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
observationalist wrote:
Provincial stereotypes about a diverse geographical region aside, this thread is on law students, not the general population. Tennessee has one of the highest illiteracy rates and one of the worst obesity rates in the country but those rates don't reflect the student populations at Vandy, Fisk or any of the other universities. The only way it impacts us is by providing more opportunities to engage in social justice work through externships, clinical offerings, the Street Law program, etc.

And yeah, Auburn and law schools like Ole Miss and UGA certainly make the cut for appearances. Too bad they have a hard time pulling in students from other regions because of the job prospects. If Ole Miss law received a complete overhaul, significantly boosted its national rep and started placing graduates around the country I bed they'd suck a significant amount of talent away from schools that don't have anything approximating the Grove to experience on the weekends. We think this is what's happening with Vandy and why incoming students are now regularly touting higher numbers than at least one school in the historical T14, but I guess we'll need to see how it all plays out. Right now we're focused on what employment prospects are going to look like for my class... jenesaislaw pulled together some good stats on how 2L OCI went so I'm hoping he makes those public once all the callbacks are wrapped up. It would be great if we come out with relatively strong firm placement for their class... maybe it would make some folks from other parts of the country less inclined to think that the south is full of inbreds.

None of this surprises me at all. Students in general are more attractive/better in shape than the over all population, and of course climate comes into play. Some of us are more paranoid than others, though. I'm not really happy that I shot up to 125 pounds (I'm almost 5' 8"). Too many Magnolia cupcakes, lol. I concur that southern students (at least the Virginians I knew) are very attractive.

Joshi is right about NYC students. At least one CLS girl I know looks like a model, as does my best friend here, a lovely Fordham MSW student. (The School of Social Service shares a building with us.) The South doesn't have a monopoly on pretty girls.

I am also reasonably pleased with the hotness of the male population here. The hottest boys go to HLS, IMO, but I was pleasantly surprised by the guys in my own classes. Lawcest is a horrible idea, though, and even a school this size is a small place when it comes to gossip. I'm not even sure how I feel about Fordham girls dating Columbians or NYU students. Fraught with peril, all of it. :lol:

Coolkatz: disagree, at least about the boys. All the UVA boys I know are as intelligent as they are cute, and Observationalist does a lovely job of representing Vandy in both respects. I also seriously doubt that girls who get into either school could lack brains. If you are talking about students at schools outside the T1, I'm not qualified to comment.

hey opera, what about BLS people?!

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:05 am

HerseyChris wrote:

To quote Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets.

Woman: "How do you write women so well?"
Jack Nicholson: "I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability."

Solid flick.

fenderjsm88

Postby fenderjsm88 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:24 pm

worldtraveler wrote:At least in my personal experience, law school boys have no game. They may in fact have negative game. I feel it's a fair assumption that for a fair amount of law boys, it doesn't matter how pretty the girls are, because a lot of them probably wouldn't ask the girls out in the first place, or figure out if the girl is interested. That leaves eye candy...which you can get in or out of the law school.

Hmm. This surprises me. I always thought that law school would be full of smooth-talking sociopathic Tucker Max types that got girls left and right. Good news, though. I guess I won't have much competition haha.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:26 pm

it's been my impression that the more conservative a school is the hotter the females (depending on geographic location)

also schools in South always have hotter girls than schools in the North.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Thats ok, I have yet to be in a relationship with a guy who isn't a douche.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Pearalegal wrote:

That's probably because of the whole 'nice guys finish last' theory and 'girls go after the brash overconfident jerk' syndrome. No offense.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:35 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:

That's probably because of the whole 'nice guys finish last' theory and 'girls go after the brash overconfident jerk' syndrome. No offense.

Please, any nice guy who actually finishes last only has himself to blame.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:29 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:

Please, any nice guy who actually finishes last only has himself to blame.

I dunno, I have plenty of friends that are super nice but not at all popular with the ladies. But the females seem to love my moron/douche-acquaintances. Just in my personal experience, being nice and/or not a douche has nothing to do with how women react to you. On the other hand, I have no idea what the heck women want or why, and therefore my opinion on the matter really is meaningless.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:31 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:I dunno, I have plenty of friends that are super nice but not at all popular with the ladies. But the females seem to love my moron/douche-acquaintances. Just in my personal experience, being nice and/or not a douche has nothing to do with how women react to you. On the other hand, I have no idea what the heck women want or why, and therefore my opinion on the matter really is meaningless.

Haha, I think the problem is that no one in their young twenties really knows what they want, even if they're in a relationship with someone they love. So all the, "girls like assholes" and, "even the nice guys are huge douches in the end" is really just a result of everyone trying to figure out what the hell is going on in their own lives.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:I dunno, I have plenty of friends that are super nice but not at all popular with the ladies. But the females seem to love my moron/douche-acquaintances. Just in my personal experience, being nice and/or not a douche has nothing to do with how women react to you. On the other hand, I have no idea what the heck women want or why, and therefore my opinion on the matter really is meaningless.

Haha, I think the problem is that no one in their young twenties really knows what they want, even if they're in a relationship with someone they love. So all the, "girls like assholes" and, "even the nice guys are huge douches in the end" is really just a result of everyone trying to figure out what the hell is going on in their own lives.

Yeah I pretty much buy that. Right on. I will say this though: The two geneticists at the grad student mixer today - extremely cute. :mrgreen:

Jay-Electronica

Postby Jay-Electronica » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Pearalegal wrote:

+1 Well said. I just think that relationships are complicated when people are not secure with themselves. In my experience the reason why I say most of the girls ive dated have been crazy is because they were very insecure and always thought some other chick was trying to rub up on me. It didnt matter how much I tried to make them feel secure, I think its usually from a bad previous relationship or something or a lack of maturity.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:40 pm

IDILL_E wrote:+1 Well said. I just think that relationships are complicated when people are not secure with themselves. In my experience the reason why I say most of the girls ive dated have been crazy is because they were very insecure and always thought some other chick was trying to rub up on me. It didnt matter how much I tried to make them feel secure, I think its usually from a bad previous relationship or something or a lack of maturity.

Exactly. I think its the same thing with guys, only they usually express the whole insecurity thing in a different way.

Everyones just growing up, (hopefully) getting their shit together.

Jay-Electronica

Postby Jay-Electronica » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:48 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
IDILL_E wrote:+1 Well said. I just think that relationships are complicated when people are not secure with themselves. In my experience the reason why I say most of the girls ive dated have been crazy is because they were very insecure and always thought some other chick was trying to rub up on me. It didnt matter how much I tried to make them feel secure, I think its usually from a bad previous relationship or something or a lack of maturity.

Exactly. I think its the same thing with guys, only they usually express the whole insecurity thing in a different way.

Everyones just growing up, (hopefully) getting their shit together.

Definitely, yea we do dumb shit. Its all apart of growing, each relationship makes you better for the next one, hopefully.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”