Best looking female students?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
tintin

Re: Best looking female students?

Postby tintin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:30 pm

can anyone comment on the best schools in terms of the LGBT pickins (besides berkeley obvi)? I am afraid of going to a school with a tiny lesbian community, because they all tend to sleep with each other..... no good.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:40 pm

tintin wrote:can anyone comment on the best schools in terms of the LGBT pickins (besides berkeley obvi)? I am afraid of going to a school with a tiny lesbian community, because they all tend to sleep with each other..... no good.

I submit NYU/CLS/Fordham. The gay community here is awesome. I really wouldn't date your own classmates, though, gay or straight. Major, high school level drama, at least according to 2L tales.

worldtraveler

Postby worldtraveler » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:07 pm

tintin wrote:can anyone comment on the best schools in terms of the LGBT pickins (besides berkeley obvi)? I am afraid of going to a school with a tiny lesbian community, because they all tend to sleep with each other..... no good.

Actually, Berkeley has a surprisingly small amount of lesbians, at least in the law school.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:13 pm

worldtraveler wrote:

Actually, Berkeley has a surprisingly small amount of lesbians, at least in the law school.

Can you tell already? I only ask because (a) I'm surprised and (b) I don't know who's gay out here yet. But then again, I don't know that much about my classmates outside of the basics yet...I just met these folks a month or two ago!

worldtraveler

Postby worldtraveler » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:15 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:

Can you tell already? I only ask because (a) I'm surprised and (b) I don't know who's gay out here yet. But then again, I don't know that much about my classmates outside of the basics yet...I just met these folks a month or two ago!

I was a women's studies major. I have awesome gaydar. That and for whatever reason people tell me stuff about themselves. TLSers spill their guts to me too. I do not understand this phenomenon.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Well how bout that

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:17 pm

The rumor is is that Berkeley turns you gay....

tintin

Postby tintin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Helmholtz wrote:The rumor is is that Berkeley turns you gay....

haha, i don't think i could be much gayer....

anyways, i generally have a pretty good gaydar. i guess i was just assuming that because there are so many lesbians in the berkeley / sf area, that the school would be a hotbed of gayness too. but now i see that is not necessarily a reasonable assumption.

toastpbj

Postby toastpbj » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:50 am

prezidentv8 wrote:
toastpbj wrote:
Puffy wrote:Northern California is to Southern California what Binghamton and Buffalo are to New York City.

Southern California is good if you like sitting in traffic for half your life. Northern California is good if you enjoy hearing about people getting shot.

I need to find somewhere new to live that has 300 days of sunshine. Colorado?
XxSpyKEx wrote:
toastpbj wrote:
Big swing and a miss on the descriptions. Getting shot?!

I can't get over how much violence there is around here after living in the UK for four years.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:55 am

Colorado is good for sunshine. Pretty much year round with a short but cold (often still sunny) winter.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:14 am

worldtraveler wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:

I was a women's studies major. I have awesome gaydar. That and for whatever reason people tell me stuff about themselves. TLSers spill their guts to me too. I do not understand this phenomenon.

I wish my gaydar was better. I am always falling for gay boys. :oops:

WoodsCommaElle

Re: Best looking female student?

Postby WoodsCommaElle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:22 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It explains my T4 school quite well.

Drake014 wrote:
junelsat wrote:Very important consideration. Can one generalize on this matter? Are any top 20 schools outliers in this regard? Do you think there is a negative correlation between ranking and attractiveness of the female population? Thanks.

There are precisely as many very good looking girls as the rank of the school. for instance, at berkeley there are 6 very attractive girls and I'm dating one, leaving very slim pickings. I'd advise sticking to the bottom of the T1 schools if you want better luck.

WoodsCommaElle

Postby WoodsCommaElle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:24 am

San Diego is the place for you

prezidentv8 wrote:
toastpbj wrote:
Puffy wrote:Northern California is to Southern California what Binghamton and Buffalo are to New York City.

Southern California is good if you like sitting in traffic for half your life. Northern California is good if you enjoy hearing about people getting shot.

I need to find somewhere new to live that has 300 days of sunshine. Colorado?
XxSpyKEx wrote:
toastpbj wrote:
Big swing and a miss on the descriptions. Getting shot?!

WoodsCommaElle

Postby WoodsCommaElle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:29 am

And also opened to the Xenophobia of Japanese culture. Oh, they're quite polite to your face, but you're lower than dirt to them.

Or take the UK where I used to live. The most pigheaded, base culture I've ever been exposed to and I've lived in several countries and visited over 20.

Dig a little deeper before you make your comparisons.

Reader's Digest found NYCers the most honest people in America in a "study" they did.

[/quote]

Isn't NY known for everyone being rude, arrogant, and in general, a complete ass?[/quote]

yes[/quote]

You do know that Columbia is located in NY, right? :lol:

I was born here, and have lived in NYC for the past four years. I contest these accusations.[/quote]

Live in Tokyo for awhile and your eyes will be opened to the rudeness of NYC.[/quote]

bilbobaggins

Postby bilbobaggins » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:57 am

worldtraveler wrote:

Define surprisingly small. I feel like I've met a fair amount of queer women (and men). People just aren't always super open about it.

toastpbj

Postby toastpbj » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:58 pm

WoodsCommaElle wrote:And also opened to the Xenophobia of Japanese culture. Oh, they're quite polite to your face, but you're lower than dirt to them.

Or take the UK where I used to live. The most pigheaded, base culture I've ever been exposed to and I've lived in several countries and visited over 20.

What do you mean by pigheaded base culture? I'm just curious. I did my undergrad over there.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:24 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Also, can someone address upper age limits? I briefly dated a member of the Fordham Law class of 2004. What constitutes too large of an age gap, anyway? It's definitely creepy when someone over 35 hits on me.

If the older person divides his/her age by half then adds 7, that's the minimum age for the younger person.

http://xkcd.com/314/

worldtraveler

Postby worldtraveler » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:16 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:

Define surprisingly small. I feel like I've met a fair amount of queer women (and men). People just aren't always super open about it.

Small in relation to the amount of gay men. There are tons of those, almost an absurd amount.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:33 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Also, can someone address upper age limits? I briefly dated a member of the Fordham Law class of 2004. What constitutes too large of an age gap, anyway? It's definitely creepy when someone over 35 hits on me.

If the older person divides his/her age by half then adds 7, that's the minimum age for the younger person.

http://xkcd.com/314/

man, a 19 yr old could get in a lot of trouble for this...lol

or an 18 yr old (if we're just assuming above legal age individuals)

Education1st

Postby Education1st » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:35 pm

NE chicks are the worst. For good lookin girls you gotta come out west

uknowme

Postby uknowme » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:39 am

OperaSoprano wrote:I wish my gaydar was better. I am always falling for gay boys. :oops:

The mistake is liking nice guys.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:48 am

OperaSoprano wrote:I wish my gaydar was better. I am always falling for gay boys. :oops:

Fall for gay girls, it'll go better for you.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:50 am

tintin wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:The rumor is is that Berkeley turns you gay....

haha, i don't think i could be much gayer....

anyways, i generally have a pretty good gaydar. i guess i was just assuming that because there are so many lesbians in the berkeley / sf area, that the school would be a hotbed of gayness too. but now i see that is not necessarily a reasonable assumption.

The bolded made me giggle.

We've got a gay community but I'm not sure if its larger than average.

randomlybrian

Postby randomlybrian » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:15 am

Coming out of a four year marriage, let me say this: nothing is sacred. Guys, girls, it doesn't matter. Attraction will overcome any bond or promise or "love." I know when I get into school, I don't care if they have a ring or not. A good connection will beat out their one month relationship or six year marriage. In retrospect it was nice to have that support through UG but I would much rather have time to focus on school and not put up with anyone. Bitter, yes, but realistic.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:17 am

randomlybrian wrote:Coming out of a four year marriage, let me say this: nothing is sacred. Guys, girls, it doesn't matter. Attraction will overcome any bond or promise or "love." I know when I get into school, I don't care if they have a ring or not. A good connection will beat out their one month relationship or six year marriage. In retrospect it was nice to have that support through UG but I would much rather have time to focus on school and not put up with anyone. Bitter, yes, but realistic.

Ouch, you sound like you were on the receiving end of some shitty dear john conversation.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”