Best looking female students?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Drake014

Re: Best looking female students?

Postby Drake014 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:43 pm

toastpbj wrote:
VoidSix wrote:California gets a lot of credit in the Bay Area that it doesn't deserve, IMO. Stanford is a pretty good looking campus, but Berkeley is pretty average. The SoCal schools are where it gets the reputation--from USC / UCLA / UCSB / Pepperdine.

I'm from the bay and I think Northern Californians themselves are a good looking group if you're looking for a bit of diversity. BUT (and this could be an exception if you are going to a top school), it can be hard to meet attractive people who are also smart and not completely self absorbed. After not living here for four years while I was away doing my undergrad and now moving back I'm realizing there is something weird going on with people my age in the bay... but I can't figure out what it is.

Its hard to meet non attractive people who are stupid and aren't self absorbed. In general, people seem to care an awful lot about their meaningless existences.

toastpbj

Postby toastpbj » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Drake014 wrote:
toastpbj wrote:
VoidSix wrote:California gets a lot of credit in the Bay Area that it doesn't deserve, IMO. Stanford is a pretty good looking campus, but Berkeley is pretty average. The SoCal schools are where it gets the reputation--from USC / UCLA / UCSB / Pepperdine.

I'm from the bay and I think Northern Californians themselves are a good looking group if you're looking for a bit of diversity. BUT (and this could be an exception if you are going to a top school), it can be hard to meet attractive people who are also smart and not completely self absorbed. After not living here for four years while I was away doing my undergrad and now moving back I'm realizing there is something weird going on with people my age in the bay... but I can't figure out what it is.

Its hard to meet non attractive people who are stupid and aren't self absorbed. In general, people seem to care an awful lot about their meaningless existences.

I hear you! It's not easy being single. Even finding decent smart, intelligent people who you won't be romantically interested in but would like to be friends with is hard.

And on top of it all I'm starting to feel like guys in the bay have all turned predatory in the last four years... and I am some sort of animal prey.

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:39 pm

toastpbj wrote:
Drake014 wrote:
toastpbj wrote:

I hear you! It's not easy being single. Even finding decent smart, intelligent people who you won't be romantically interested in but would like to be friends with is hard.

And on top of it all I'm starting to feel like guys in the bay have all turned predatory in the last four years... and I am some sort of animal prey.

Is that a bad thing?

Puffy

Postby Puffy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Northern California is to Southern California what Binghamton and Buffalo are to New York City.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:02 pm

joshikousei wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
This. I'm just sad because of what happened over the summer. I'm trying to plot my next adventure. A lot of girls my age (24) are getting engaged, but I don't feel ready yet. My mom was married at 22, before she had even graduated medical school. Times change a lot. Sometimes I envy my friends in serious relationships, but every time I meet a guy I really like, he just wants a fling. Being single >>> settling. I like my freedom too much to pair off just for the sake of pairing off, and I had to learn this the hard way.

What do you guys think about law student relationships?

especially when you're 24.

i'm all for opening up one's pool to other graduate schools and other universities. i have also actively encouraged my friends to be cougars. :mrgreen:

:oops:

This has limits, though. I refuse to date UG boys, because that's just yucky.

I feel like I meet tons of interesting, attractive, and kind people, but most of them are in relationships or geographically undesirable. There is no single boy in NYC right now who seems like a good fit for me, so I'll just be in an exclusive relationship with my school, unless circumstances alter much.

Also, can someone address upper age limits? I briefly dated a member of the Fordham Law class of 2004. What constitutes too large of an age gap, anyway? It's definitely creepy when someone over 35 hits on me.

toastpbj

Postby toastpbj » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Puffy wrote:Northern California is to Southern California what Binghamton and Buffalo are to New York City.

Southern California is good if you like sitting in traffic for half your life. Northern California is good if you enjoy hearing about people getting shot.

I need to find somewhere new to live that has 300 days of sunshine. Colorado?
XxSpyKEx wrote:
toastpbj wrote:

Is that a bad thing?

Wouldn't be a bad thing, it just seems that there are a lot more losers out there than cool smart guys.

I think it's possible that deep down I would like to be courted like a victorian lady.

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:26 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
joshikousei wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
This. I'm just sad because of what happened over the summer. I'm trying to plot my next adventure. A lot of girls my age (24) are getting engaged, but I don't feel ready yet. My mom was married at 22, before she had even graduated medical school. Times change a lot. Sometimes I envy my friends in serious relationships, but every time I meet a guy I really like, he just wants a fling. Being single >>> settling. I like my freedom too much to pair off just for the sake of pairing off, and I had to learn this the hard way.

i'm all for opening up one's pool to other graduate schools and other universities. i have also actively encouraged my friends to be cougars. :mrgreen:

I feel like I meet tons of interesting, attractive, and kind people, but most of them are in relationships or geographically undesirable. There is no single boy in NYC right now who seems like a good fit for me, so I'll just be in an exclusive relationship with my school, unless circumstances alter much.

Also, can someone address upper age limits? I briefly dated a member of the Fordham Law class of 2004. What constitutes too large of an age gap, anyway? It's definitely creepy when someone over 35 hits on me.

Do you respond by screaming something along lines of "get the fuck away from me you dirty old man!"? Because you should.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:31 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
joshikousei wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

Do you respond by screaming something along lines of "get the fuck away from me you dirty old man!"? Because you should.

LOL, I will in future. Some of my friends do date guys 15 years their senior, but I think that's just gross.

Toastpbj: me too. Victorian style courting works wonders.

angiej

Postby angiej » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:36 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
joshikousei wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

I'll be 25 Thursday and I would say even 30 would be my limit. A few years older is nice though, men mature so much slower than women.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:41 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
joshikousei wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

35 qualifies as an old man to you? You're not gonna age gracefully I'm guessing.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Drake014 wrote:
35 qualifies as an old man to you? You're not gonna age gracefully I'm guessing.

It's more than a decade older than I am. If I was 30, 35 would not be in the old man zone.

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Drake014 wrote:35 qualifies as an old man to you? You're not gonna age gracefully I'm guessing.

lol, I take by your response that you are pushing 30s, if not 40s?

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:11 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:
Drake014 wrote:35 qualifies as an old man to you? You're not gonna age gracefully I'm guessing.

Mid 20s actually. I just look forward to my retirement years.

OperaSoprano wrote:
Drake014 wrote:

It's more than a decade older than I am. If I was 30, 35 would not be in the old man zone.

Guys who hit on you don't tend to card first. Maybe you look older and they look younger. I just find it odd people arbitrarily eliminate potential mates because of age differences. And calling a 30 something year old and creepy just seems odd. There are plenty of 30 somethings I woulda banged in my teens.

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Drake014 wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:

Mid 20s actually. I just look forward to my retirement years.

Yeah, I hear you. I haven't worked in 2 years and I'm thinking retirement right now would be awesome.

joshikousei

Postby joshikousei » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:16 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:LOL, I will in future. Some of my friends do date guys 15 years their senior, but I think that's just gross.

some of mine too. mmm gross factor isn't really it for me. what worries me in that scenario is that we'd (likely) be in two totally different stages of life.

my very good 24 year old friend is dating someone in his mid-30s right now... i have a hard time giving her advice when i really have no idea how to handle that kind of dynamic myself.

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:16 pm

Drake014 wrote:Guys who hit on you don't tend to card first. Maybe you look older and they look younger. I just find it odd people arbitrarily eliminate potential mates because of age differences. And calling a 30 something year old and creepy just seems odd. There are plenty of 30 somethings I woulda banged in my teens.

I think they are looking for something to date. I've boned a few 30+ year old bitches, but I would never date any of them...

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Fundamental difference between the sexes: Most 24 year old guys would be thrilled if an attractive 35 year old woman hit on them. The reverse is not as often true. If a guy looks like he could reasonably be within my generation, he's good to go. If he obviously has more than a dozen years on me, it's creepy.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:21 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:
Drake014 wrote:Guys who hit on you don't tend to card first. Maybe you look older and they look younger. I just find it odd people arbitrarily eliminate potential mates because of age differences. And calling a 30 something year old and creepy just seems odd. There are plenty of 30 somethings I woulda banged in my teens.

I think they are looking for something to date. I've boned a few 30+ year old bitches, but I would never date any of them...

I don't think all of the guys hitting on her are looking for steady girlfriends. They can't tell right off the bat she's not interested in a lay. They wouldn't do it if it didn't work some of the time.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:23 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Fundamental difference between the sexes: Most 24 year old guys would be thrilled if an attractive 35 year old woman hit on them. The reverse is not as often true. If a guy looks like he could reasonably be within my generation, he's good to go. If he obviously has more than a dozen years on me, it's creepy.

Technically if you're 24 and he's 35, he doesn't have a dozen years on you. :mrgreen:

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Drake014 wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:

I don't think all of the guys hitting on her are looking for steady girlfriends. They can't tell right off the bat she's not interested in a lay. They wouldn't do it if it didn't work some of the time.

I probably should've defined "they" a little better. By "they" I meant the girls that are posting on this thread.

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:28 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Fundamental difference between the sexes: Most 24 year old guys would be thrilled if an attractive 35 year old woman hit on them. The reverse is not as often true. If a guy looks like he could reasonably be within my generation, he's good to go. If he obviously has more than a dozen years on me, it's creepy.

Honestly, it's still pretty fucking weird having some lady that was a 70s baby hitting on me as a dude (which is why I didn't initiate conversation with either of two 30+ year old ladies I've nailed). Usually at that point I just swallow another couple shots of patron and say fuck it (no pun intended).

worldtraveler

Postby worldtraveler » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:42 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:

Honestly, it's still pretty fucking weird having some lady that was a 70s baby hitting on me as a dude (which is why I didn't initiate conversation with either of two 30+ year old ladies I've nailed). Usually at that point I just swallow another couple shots of patron and say fuck it (no pun intended).

Holy shit you had sex? No way dude.

Thanks for sharing.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:44 pm

worldtraveler wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

hahaha :D

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:15 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

hahaha :D

Well done WT.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:18 pm

toastpbj wrote:
Puffy wrote:Northern California is to Southern California what Binghamton and Buffalo are to New York City.

Southern California is good if you like sitting in traffic for half your life. Northern California is good if you enjoy hearing about people getting shot.

I need to find somewhere new to live that has 300 days of sunshine. Colorado? [quote="XxSpyKEx"][quote="toastpbj"]

Big swing and a miss on the descriptions. Getting shot?!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”