Best looking female students? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
OperaSoprano

Gold

Re: Best looking female students?

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:46 pm

rayiner wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote: Why are you going to Chicago?
To visit me and Dresden, obv!
Naturellement. So excited!

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:48 pm

wrigley wrote:
xxspykex wrote: Class goes out the door when your looking for ass. For real.

EDIT- but yeah, we never really expect to get anywhere randomly hollering at chics, which is why it was so surprising that girls actually would stop when I was out at undergrad when I did it.
please, please tell me that you actually use that line with girls
:lol:

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:55 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:Just got back to this thread after watching Indy pummel Arizona. My thoughts on some recent developments:
worldtraveler wrote:At least in my personal experience, law school boys have no game. They may in fact have negative game. I feel it's a fair assumption that for a fair amount of law boys, it doesn't matter how pretty the girls are, because a lot of them probably wouldn't ask the girls out in the first place, or figure out if the girl is interested. That leaves eye candy...which you can get in or out of the law school.
There's something to this. Regarding the underlined portion of the above quote - that is an extremely difficult task, and probably the hardest part of the game for somebody as dense as me. I'm also very lazy about these things, probably to my own detriment. But don't understate the importance of eye candy, either.

XxSpyKEx wrote:Honestly, I think it's just a bigger city thing. I went to undergrad my freshman year in Michigan (not at UM) and it's like a whole other world. My buddy who lived in Louisiana for a while that just moved back recently said the same thing. I'm from Chicago and when I hit on a random girl in passing I just kinda expect them to give me the "why the fuck is this dude hollering at me" look. In Michigan I remember just walking across campus with a buddy with some laundry and randomly hollering at chics and they straight up stop and talk, which is a weird concept.
I can't even begin to imagine that ever getting a conversation started. Weirdo midwesterners.
jk11287 wrote:I feel like it might be harder to find "eligible" girls to date in law school because there are less people anyway and definitely a higher percentage of people who are married/in serious relationships.

And I sort of agree with girls in the south being generally attractive, but I think that only applies to a singular definition of "hot." If you like the blonde hair/blue eyed/headbands/lily pullitzer dress/country club/horseback rider type of girl, then you're set. If you're looking for the exotic looking hipster...not so much.
Lol @ "exotic looking hipster." But there do seem to be a lot more people in *real* relationships than I'm used to. Meh.
This. I'm just sad because of what happened over the summer. I'm trying to plot my next adventure. A lot of girls my age (24) are getting engaged, but I don't feel ready yet. My mom was married at 22, before she had even graduated medical school. Times change a lot. Sometimes I envy my friends in serious relationships, but every time I meet a guy I really like, he just wants a fling. Being single >>> settling. I like my freedom too much to pair off just for the sake of pairing off, and I had to learn this the hard way.

What do you guys think about law student relationships?

toastpbj

New

Post by toastpbj » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:59 pm

How about...

where are all the cool but still hot law student guys? What schools are THEY at? That's what I want to know.

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:59 pm

I feel as though dating someone who already has similar interests and is in a similar situation as yourself (such as law school) can be really beneficial. I imagine it would add a layer of mutual understanding that could only help the relationship.

But what do I know?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:59 pm

toastpbj wrote:How about...

where are all the cool but still hot law student guys? What schools are THEY at? That's what I want to know.
I'll let you know in a few months.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:02 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
Lol @ "exotic looking hipster." But there do seem to be a lot more people in *real* relationships than I'm used to. Meh.
This. I'm just sad because of what happened over the summer. I'm trying to plot my next adventure. A lot of girls my age (24) are getting engaged, but I don't feel ready yet. My mom was married at 22, before she had even graduated medical school. Times change a lot. Sometimes I envy my friends in serious relationships, but every time I meet a guy I really like, he just wants a fling. Being single >>> settling. I like my freedom too much to pair off just for the sake of pairing off, and I had to learn this the hard way.

To be honest, I don't think it's bad idea as long as each side isn't expecting too much. On a personal level, I'd not be opposed to having one, but if it happened to grow into something that would be more of a bonus than something I had planned on. I've met a lot of great people, but hey, we're all busy and from different places and have our own ambitions. So while I'm not opposed and don't think I'd turn down something good, I'm not out looking for anything either. Partly lazy, partly realistic = me.

And, just to add in some commentary on what OS said, the bolded above is more of my focus than finding someone is, at least for now.

Wow that was quite the serious message for me lately.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:02 am

Duke, section 2.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:14 am

prezidentv8 wrote:

Duke, section 2.
This reminds me of that Seinfeld joke where he quotes women saying "why isn't there any good guys out there, we can't ever find a good guy" and Seinfeld responds to it by saying "we're right here ... we're stopping in the middle of traffic to holler at you, etc."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:15 am

XxSpyKEx wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

Duke, section 2.
This reminds me of that Seinfeld joke where he quotes women saying "why isn't there any good guys out there, we can't ever find a good guy" and Seinfeld responds to it by saying "we're right here ... we're stopping in the middle of traffic to holler at you, etc."
Hahahaha. Oh, Seinfeld how great of a show you are.....!

actorlaw

New

Post by actorlaw » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:19 am

I think we need some clarification here...

Is the original poster talking about girls you're going to go find in a bar at night after class? Ones who are dressed to impress with all the goods and who could be undergrads or even townies on the prowl?

Or are we talking about the girl sitting next to you in Properties (for lack of a better class) who isn't wearing make up at 9am...?

I mean... isn't there a big difference?

ramblinwreck

New

Post by ramblinwreck » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:22 am

USC Section I

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:24 am

actorlaw wrote:I think we need some clarification here...

Is the original poster talking about girls you're going to go find in a bar at night after class? Ones who are dressed to impress with all the goods and who could be undergrads or even townies on the prowl?

Or are we talking about the girl sitting next to you in Properties (for lack of a better class) who isn't wearing make up at 9am...?

I mean... isn't there a big difference?
Yeah. Talking to the girl in property doesn't give you a headache or STDs (typically at least one of those two are true).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SabermetricFan

New

Post by SabermetricFan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:26 am

Helmholtz wrote:

+1

toastpbj

New

Post by toastpbj » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:08 am

prezidentv8 wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

Duke, section 2.
Hahahaha. Oh, Seinfeld how great of a show you are.....!
Hahaha! Great quote. I'm looking forward to the Seinfeld reunion on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Being as I went to an all girls catholic high school, then did fashion design at undergrad where we only had one boy in our year, law school will be the first time since I was 14 where I will be in class with boys. I feel... so... grown up? Hah

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:04 am

toastpbj wrote:
Hahaha! Great quote. I'm looking forward to the Seinfeld reunion on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Being as I went to an all girls catholic high school, then did fashion design at undergrad where we only had one boy in our year, law school will be the first time since I was 14 where I will be in class with boys. I feel... so... grown up? Hah
It's awesome, isn't it? FIT was kind of the same concept. Fashion merchandising had a couple of gay boys...

Law school is f**king awesome.

joshikousei

Bronze

Post by joshikousei » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:53 am

Helmholtz wrote:

i laughed. good response. :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:40 am

Those do not exist.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:23 am

Always Credited wrote:I feel as though dating someone who already has similar interests and is in a similar situation as yourself (such as law school) can be really beneficial. I imagine it would add a layer of mutual understanding that could only help the relationship.

But what do I know?
Yes, because it's great to be both going through a super stressful experience at the same time, especially if you're at the same LS ANC have the same stressor schedule (memo due dates, etc). Plus, law school is full of exactly the sort of warm, nice people you want to date!

kyle

New

Post by kyle » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 am

there are a lot of pretty girls here at emory, but 90 percent of them are engaged / in a long term relationship / married.... not your best bet for finding a hot single girl

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:29 am

I don't know, there is something to be said for dating someone who is also going through law school (built in study partner! empathy in a grueling time!) but I think you also have to think about two extremeeeely stressed out people trying ot make a relationship work (or trying to live under the same roof). When I was studying like eight thousand hours a day for the LSAT and couldn't think about anything else, my fiance picked up a lot of the slack because he worked a 9-5 job and would do things like dishes in laundry when I would have just ignored both until Sept. 27.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Drake014

Silver

Post by Drake014 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 am

OperaSoprano wrote:

Going to law school with my fiance has mostly upsides. After talking to several people with significant others who aren't in law school, I kind of feel sorry for them. All they want to do is talk about cases and their SOs have no idea WTF they're talking about.

Meanwhile, my fiance talks about Contracts class so much I feel I could take her final and pass at the very least if not get honors.

joshikousei

Bronze

Post by joshikousei » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:58 am

OperaSoprano wrote:

especially when you're 24.

i'm all for opening up one's pool to other graduate schools and other universities. i have also actively encouraged my friends to be cougars. :mrgreen:

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:09 pm

California gets a lot of credit in the Bay Area that it doesn't deserve, IMO. Stanford is a pretty good looking campus, but Berkeley is pretty average. The SoCal schools are where it gets the reputation--from USC / UCLA / UCSB / Pepperdine.

toastpbj

New

Post by toastpbj » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:41 pm

VoidSix wrote:California gets a lot of credit in the Bay Area that it doesn't deserve, IMO. Stanford is a pretty good looking campus, but Berkeley is pretty average. The SoCal schools are where it gets the reputation--from USC / UCLA / UCSB / Pepperdine.
I'm from the bay and I think Northern Californians themselves are a good looking group if you're looking for a bit of diversity. BUT (and this could be an exception if you are going to a top school), it can be hard to meet attractive people who are also smart and not completely self absorbed. After not living here for four years while I was away doing my undergrad and now moving back I'm realizing there is something weird going on with people my age in the bay... but I can't figure out what it is.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”