Best Facilities

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: Best Facilities

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:41 am

HBK wrote:
SportsFanatic wrote:
HBK wrote:Wash U had pretty awesome facilities.

SMU, not so much.


Very true.


I was really disappointed. I expected them to be way better, considering they're private and charge a bunch in tuition. It looked like the 40 year old philosophy or economics building at the state school I attended.

+1

User avatar
soullesswonder
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby soullesswonder » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:08 pm

I love Duke's building. I know some people don't like the whole glass-and-steel look, but I really appreciate the abundance of natural light and the clean, uncluttered interior. Modern but classy.

eaters333
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby eaters333 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 pm

colorados new building, wolf hall

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Best Facilities

Postby JOThompson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
HBK wrote:
SportsFanatic wrote:
HBK wrote:Wash U had pretty awesome facilities.

SMU, not so much.


Very true.


I was really disappointed. I expected them to be way better, considering they're private and charge a bunch in tuition. It looked like the 40 year old philosophy or economics building at the state school I attended.

+1

I wasn't terribly disappointed with the facilities there, except with the library. The tree-lined campus as a whole is pretty gorgeous though IMO.

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: Best Facilities

Postby danquayle » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:27 pm

I was really disappointed with Notre Dame's facilities.

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby MarkRenton » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:47 pm

soullesswonder wrote:I love Duke's building. I know some people don't like the whole glass-and-steel look, but I really appreciate the abundance of natural light and the clean, uncluttered interior. Modern but classy.


Duke's my favorite building. I loved the light. It just felt extremely comfortable. Duke's whole campus is just plain wonderful.

champ33
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby champ33 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:43 pm

I'd have to throw Penn State into the mix, based on my small number of law school visits. Huge brand new building.. less than 1 year old I believe.

User avatar
mavsman88
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby mavsman88 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:24 am

Im looking at WashU, UGA, Emory, William and Mary, Illinois, Wake, and IU. Does anyone have any insight in these schools facilities? Which is the nicest and/or what is nice about each one?

User avatar
Aeon
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby Aeon » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:36 am

doinmybest wrote:Michigan. The Law Quadrangle looks beautiful.

Definitely. Michigan's Gothic architecture is among the most gorgeous of all law school campuses.

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby astro1819 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:42 am

UVA==Amazing. (and I'm just talking about the law school here) Impressive architecture and design, beautiful courtyards and outdoor lawns, wide hallways, beautiful library, standard classrooms, tall ceilings, lots of light and windows. Although it's a fairly large law school, the design makes it feel much smaller.

I wasn't sure how nice it would be when I saw photos of the two large buildings on either side (not as nice looking), but recent renovations make it work really really well.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby doinmybest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:08 am

danquayle wrote:I was really disappointed with Notre Dame's facilities.


I'm not going to Notre Dame, but I'm curious. Why do you say that?

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: Best Facilities

Postby danquayle » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:47 pm

doinmybest wrote:
danquayle wrote:I was really disappointed with Notre Dame's facilities.


I'm not going to Notre Dame, but I'm curious. Why do you say that?


I just had a lot of Notre Dame love at the time, and as such had high expectations coming in... I thought they'd be more impressive all around. I was looking into a JD/MBA as well, and their business school was equally unimpressive. I went to Michigan for undergrad, so I had assumed they be in the same ballpark. They were not. The entire campus was less aesthetically pleasing than I expected.

Of course... this was all before their new building opened. And I also, like I said, had very high expectations.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby doinmybest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:36 pm

danquayle wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
danquayle wrote:I was really disappointed with Notre Dame's facilities.


I'm not going to Notre Dame, but I'm curious. Why do you say that?


I just had a lot of Notre Dame love at the time, and as such had high expectations coming in... I thought they'd be more impressive all around. I was looking into a JD/MBA as well, and their business school was equally unimpressive. I went to Michigan for undergrad, so I had assumed they be in the same ballpark. They were not. The entire campus was less aesthetically pleasing than I expected.

Of course... this was all before their new building opened. And I also, like I said, had very high expectations.


This is good news for me, since I was WL'd at ND but accepted to Michigan.

User avatar
ja57047
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby ja57047 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:07 pm

eaters333 wrote:colorados new building, wolf hall


+1

the entire campus is beautiful

User avatar
mavsman88
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby mavsman88 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Any thoughts/pics of Emory's campus?

CSKNJ
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:36 am

Re: Best Facilities

Postby CSKNJ » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:33 pm

+1

the entire campus is beautiful

So true. I went to CU for my undergrad. I didn't think I could get in to the law school though with a 2.7/160 though.

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: Best Facilities

Postby Rand M. » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:41 pm

Any thoughts about Chicago? Other T14ers?

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby doinmybest » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:03 am

mavsman88 wrote:Any thoughts/pics of Emory's campus?


The Law Library is really nice, but the rest of the law school looks very... blah...

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby jbarl1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:12 am

champ33 wrote:I'd have to throw Penn State into the mix, based on my small number of law school visits. Huge brand new building.. less than 1 year old I believe.


Yeah it was really amazing when I visited. I can't imagine any place being much better.

Emboss
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby Emboss » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Wash U's AB hall:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ABhall.jpg
(main law building--the interior is gorgeous)

Wash U's Seigle Hall:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... leHall.jpg
(second law building, just finished)

User avatar
mavsman88
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby mavsman88 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Anyone have pictures of Emory's law school?

yellowfin
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby yellowfin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Colorado. Not only is the building awesome, the view from the building is amazing too.

Headybrah
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby Headybrah » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:29 pm

nominate Nova
building brand new very modern...

compared with temple its kinda absurd

StyrofoamWar
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby StyrofoamWar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:35 pm

http://tylerstrek.com/wp-content/upload ... erdine.jpg

The view from Pepperdine wasn't bad when I was there...facilities could use some more windows though.

User avatar
Herb Watchfell
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Best Facilities

Postby Herb Watchfell » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:37 pm

MarkRenton wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:I love Duke's building. I know some people don't like the whole glass-and-steel look, but I really appreciate the abundance of natural light and the clean, uncluttered interior. Modern but classy.


Duke's my favorite building. I loved the light. It just felt extremely comfortable. Duke's whole campus is just plain wonderful.


+1,000,000




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2ndchance, Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests