Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:18 pm

My bad doyleoil! I forgot you were a pool guy. Here.... this one's all yours! Enjoy!!

Image

User avatar
doyleoil
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby doyleoil » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:My bad doyleoil! I forgot you were a pool guy. Here.... this one's all yours!


too skinny - another stephanie rice (or 2)

Image

broken_image
Last edited by doyleoil on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

snotrocket
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:13 am

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby snotrocket » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:22 pm

doyleoil wrote:wow - for an athlete she's right up there with:

Image

broken_image

This has to be some sort of record for time elapsed from 0 to SWIMSUIT PICS.

snotrocket
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:13 am

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby snotrocket » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:23 pm

doyleoil wrote:small schools with nerds get hammered in these rankings

In all fairness to those schools -- it probably says as much about the nerds as it does about them.

User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby 98234872348 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:32 pm

I laughed because Western New England was where I took my LSAT...

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:36 pm

Scantily clad women!!

IBTL

User avatar
rondemarino
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby rondemarino » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
doyleoil wrote:it's been said before, possibly even tonight, but TTIWWOP


Image

God I'm in love with this woman!


Who is that?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:46 pm

rondemarino wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
doyleoil wrote:it's been said before, possibly even tonight, but TTIWWOP


celebritysweating.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/allison-stokke-firestart.jpg

God I'm in love with this woman!


Who is that?

User avatar
lawlover829
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby lawlover829 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Helmholtz wrote:My list of the top 14 most desirable schools (not necessarily in this order):

Yale
Harvard
Stanford
Columbia
NYU
Chicago
Berkeley
Penn
Michigan
Virginia
Northwestern
Duke
Cornell
Georgetown


hahaha +1

User avatar
biggamejames
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby biggamejames » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:48 pm

Image

User avatar
rondemarino
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby rondemarino » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
doyleoil wrote:it's been said before, possibly even tonight, but TTIWWOP


celebritysweating.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/allison-stokke-firestart.jpg

God I'm in love with this woman!


Who is that?


Thanks. I'm clearly an idiot.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Scantily clad women!!

IBTL

Sorry Helmholtz... take your pick my good man:

Image

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:52 pm

rondemarino wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
doyleoil wrote:it's been said before, possibly even tonight, but TTIWWOP


broken_image

God I'm in love with this woman!


Who is that?


That my friend is the beautiful Allison Stokke. I could look at her all day... :oops:

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Scantily clad women!!

IBTL

Sorry Helmholtz... take your pick my good man:

Image


Certainly not the one on the right. I don't like all the skin she's revealing with her hands out there. What a trollop!

User avatar
doyleoil
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby doyleoil » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:55 pm

apparently this girl plays basketball (or used to?) for uga:

Image

User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby 98234872348 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:56 pm

rondemarino wrote:Who is that?


Well, if wikipedia can be trusted... http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allison_Stokke :?:

snotrocket
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:13 am

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby snotrocket » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:02 pm

hmlee wrote:This is.... interesting. I commend you for trying to develop such a method of ranking schools, but I have a question about your methodology. Specifically, in the grant area. It seems a bit flawed to me. Granted I'm no statistician, but I wonder how you account for these things:

1. Size of endowment (or other school resources) affecting ability to provide large grants to woo accepted students.

2. Possible preference of giving more people smaller grants rather than fewer people larger grants.

3. School perceived necessity of grants in the first place. Take Yale, for example. I doubt they give many full tuition (or even half tuition) scholarships. Then again, do they really have to? They are ranked the #1 school in the country and have been for some time. While there are people who turn down Yale - usually for one of the other top 5 schools, and sometimes because of money - I doubt that Yale feels as though it needs to give out such grants to accepteds to make them want to come. Most of us, if given the opportunity to attend Yale, would do so in a heartbeat. Regardless of money.

Well, keep in mind that giving lots of large grants counts against a school in this ranking. In other words, a large proportion of students receiving > 1/2 tuition grants implies that the school has to "buy" candidates in order to get commitments, at least compared with a school that ranks the same on the other factors but gives out a lot less money.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby hmlee » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:31 pm

snotrocket wrote:
hmlee wrote:This is.... interesting. I commend you for trying to develop such a method of ranking schools, but I have a question about your methodology. Specifically, in the grant area. It seems a bit flawed to me. Granted I'm no statistician, but I wonder how you account for these things:

1. Size of endowment (or other school resources) affecting ability to provide large grants to woo accepted students.

2. Possible preference of giving more people smaller grants rather than fewer people larger grants.

3. School perceived necessity of grants in the first place. Take Yale, for example. I doubt they give many full tuition (or even half tuition) scholarships. Then again, do they really have to? They are ranked the #1 school in the country and have been for some time. While there are people who turn down Yale - usually for one of the other top 5 schools, and sometimes because of money - I doubt that Yale feels as though it needs to give out such grants to accepteds to make them want to come. Most of us, if given the opportunity to attend Yale, would do so in a heartbeat. Regardless of money.

Well, keep in mind that giving lots of large grants counts against a school in this ranking. In other words, a large proportion of students receiving > 1/2 tuition grants implies that the school has to "buy" candidates in order to get commitments, at least compared with a school that ranks the same on the other factors but gives out a lot less money.


Ah, I missed the "negated" part of that one...

User avatar
Splitt3r
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby Splitt3r » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Harvard doesn't give merit money, so how did they get such a low score on the grants thing? Is it because they're particularly generous due to their large endowment? Doesn't really seem fair to downgrade someone because they are more responsible about helping out people who can't afford the university than other schools. It also seems to be biased somewhat against private schools, as they as a rule are more expensive and thus are more likely to have people attending who qualify for need-based aid.

User avatar
grobbelski
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby grobbelski » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 pm

I always knew I liked this guy Lieter. Great theory, and nice work snot rocket. Go Florida.

User avatar
Unemployed
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 am

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby Unemployed » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:51 pm

snotrocket wrote:Unlike Leiter, I used median LSAT and just multiplied by FTE to account for the fact that small schools need less "draw" to land a small number of high scoring candidates compared to a school that enrolls a larger class with the same median.


This is the fatal flaw.

Even if Yale's median is 172, and Cooley's is 145 (I am pulling these #'s out of thin air), Cooley will win the "median LSAT" battle because 172x700 < 145x3000.

User avatar
Skadden Stairs
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby Skadden Stairs » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:07 pm

Doylie, that aussie is not that cute.

User avatar
doyleoil
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby doyleoil » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:09 pm

lex talionis wrote:Doylie, that aussie is not that cute.


you are wrong - please see my swimming thread for proof

User avatar
Skadden Stairs
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby Skadden Stairs » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:14 pm

doyleoil wrote:
lex talionis wrote:Doylie, that aussie is not that cute.


you are wrong - please see my swimming thread for proof

no thanks.

And if I'm fucking a swimmer, it's going to be Ryan Lochte.

User avatar
doyleoil
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: Most Desirable Law Schools 2008

Postby doyleoil » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:19 pm

lex talionis wrote:
doyleoil wrote:
lex talionis wrote:Doylie, that aussie is not that cute.


you are wrong - please see my swimming thread for proof

no thanks.

And if I'm fucking a swimmer, it's going to be Ryan Lochte.


just for you, doll:

Image

broken_image




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BlackWillHunting and 3 guests