Best Law School Campus

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:41 pm

OMG, Michigan is really so beautiful. Thanks for depressing me, Flight. Now I'll have to go google images of U of C's wider campus to comfort myself.

User avatar
spinsta
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:16 pm

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby spinsta » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:43 pm

My vote goes for NYU and Columbia - not the prettiest buildings, but LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Esp. NYU.

User avatar
FlightoftheEarls
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:47 pm

dresden doll wrote:OMG, Michigan is really so beautiful. Thanks for depressing me, Flight. Now I'll have to go google images of U of C's wider campus to comfort myself.

Sorry Dres, but Chicago's UG really is stunning too. And, at only 4 hours away, you'll be able to see the UM campus again when you come out to visit us for the Michigan vs. Ohio State game!

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:48 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
dresden doll wrote:OMG, Michigan is really so beautiful. Thanks for depressing me, Flight. Now I'll have to go google images of U of C's wider campus to comfort myself.

Sorry Dres, but Chicago's UG really is stunning too. And, at only 4 hours away, you'll be able to see the UM campus again when you come out to visit us for the Michigan vs. Ohio State game!


Still, it's so damn sad. :|

zero1
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby zero1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:52 pm

spinsta wrote:My vote goes for NYU and Columbia - not the prettiest buildings, but LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Esp. NYU.



Good call though NYU has the edge here. Nothing beats the Village...if you can afford it.

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby MissMaroon » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:56 pm

University of Chicago.

....Michigan, Cornell, and Pepperdine get honorable mentions.

User avatar
FlightoftheEarls
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:00 pm

zero1 wrote:
spinsta wrote:My vote goes for NYU and Columbia - not the prettiest buildings, but LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Esp. NYU.



Good call though NYU has the edge here. Nothing beats the Village...if you can afford it.

This is a definitely a matter of preference. I thought the Village was simply overrated. Maybe I didn't explore the area as much as I should have, but the whole area felt rundown, and NYU's campus is simply a collection of buildings in the city. Columbia, by comparison, has an actual campus. While their law school isn't much to look at, the undergrad is 50 feet away, has a real campus feel, and was very visually impressive. These are just my brief opinions from NYU's ASW and exploring Columbia the next day. As I said, it's subjective.

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby geoanthem » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:01 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
zero1 wrote:
spinsta wrote:My vote goes for NYU and Columbia - not the prettiest buildings, but LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Esp. NYU.



Good call though NYU has the edge here. Nothing beats the Village...if you can afford it.

This is a definitely a matter of preference. I thought the Village was simply overrated. Maybe I didn't explore the area as much as I should have, but the whole area felt rundown, and NYU's campus is simply a collection of buildings in the city. Columbia, by comparison, has an actual campus. While their law school isn't much to look at, the undergrad is 50 feet away, has a real campus feel, and was very visually impressive. These are just my brief opinions from NYU's ASW and exploring Columbia the next day. As I said, it's subjective.

if we are doing it by location and not the actual building, Fordham FTW. Lincoln Center, UWS, on the park, and still close to midtown.

User avatar
spinsta
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:16 pm

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby spinsta » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:06 pm

geoanthem wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:
zero1 wrote:
spinsta wrote:My vote goes for NYU and Columbia - not the prettiest buildings, but LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Esp. NYU.



Good call though NYU has the edge here. Nothing beats the Village...if you can afford it.

This is a definitely a matter of preference. I thought the Village was simply overrated. Maybe I didn't explore the area as much as I should have, but the whole area felt rundown, and NYU's campus is simply a collection of buildings in the city. Columbia, by comparison, has an actual campus. While their law school isn't much to look at, the undergrad is 50 feet away, has a real campus feel, and was very visually impressive. These are just my brief opinions from NYU's ASW and exploring Columbia the next day. As I said, it's subjective.

if we are doing it by location and not the actual building, Fordham FTW. Lincoln Center, UWS, on the park, and still close to midtown.


I'll give you that. Fordham is a great location. However, my view of Fordham will forever be tainted by the unintelligible Subway announcement "Fo-dum. Fo-dum next."

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby Veritas » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:33 pm

I love this thread, with all the pretty pictures. I hope I get to go to a pretty school.

User avatar
Joan Manuel Serrat
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby Joan Manuel Serrat » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:00 pm

MissMaroon wrote:University of Chicago.

....Michigan, Cornell, and Pepperdine get honorable mentions.


Mrs. Marone, i think Chicago is great school. fatastic university. but the campus is very very ugly. it looks like an ice cube, the type produce by an eskimo taking a large "dump" on a frozen slab of concrete. And the inside looks like a soviet era laundromat. i think you were sarcastic, you had to be. very very sneaky and funny.

hayman
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby hayman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Joan Manuel Serrat wrote:
MissMaroon wrote:University of Chicago.

....Michigan, Cornell, and Pepperdine get honorable mentions.


Mrs. Marone, i think Chicago is great school. fatastic university. but the campus is very very ugly. it looks like an ice cube, the type produce by an eskimo taking a large "dump" on a frozen slab of concrete. And the inside looks like a soviet era laundromat. i think you were sarcastic, you had to be. very very sneaky and funny.


the law building isn't that great, but campus overall is quite nice

User avatar
rcsbball11
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby rcsbball11 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:10 pm

I went to UMiami for undergrad and the campus is gorgeous...the law school building itself is a little dated, but the campus is basically a tropical paradise. 8)

User avatar
feeblemiles
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby feeblemiles » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:15 pm

Berkeley 2012

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:19 pm

Wow, even a 'best campus' thread can't go over without people trolling for their school. Come on now, everyone - NYU isn't all that pretty and neither are Fordham, CLS or Berkeley. And we weren't voting for 'best location' either - we were voting for best campus (or else Berkeley wins in a landslide as far as I'm concerned - no city like SF).

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby rayiner » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:24 pm

dresden doll wrote:Wow, even a 'best campus' thread can't go over without people trolling for their school. Come on now, everyone - NYU isn't all that pretty and neither are Fordham, CLS or Berkeley. And we weren't voting for 'best location' either - we were voting for best campus (or else Berkeley wins in a landslide as far as I'm concerned - no city like SF).


Hay! I was inverse-trolling for my school!

zero1
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby zero1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:24 pm

I gotta give Uconn an honorable mention as well.


Cornell is another one I liked.

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby geoanthem » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:26 pm

rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Wow, even a 'best campus' thread can't go over without people trolling for their school. Come on now, everyone - NYU isn't all that pretty and neither are Fordham, CLS or Berkeley. And we weren't voting for 'best location' either - we were voting for best campus (or else Berkeley wins in a landslide as far as I'm concerned - no city like SF).


Hay! I was inverse-trolling for my school!

I also said Fordham was ugly. Someone mentioned location and I just stated that Fordham has a great location... :P

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:29 pm

rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Wow, even a 'best campus' thread can't go over without people trolling for their school. Come on now, everyone - NYU isn't all that pretty and neither are Fordham, CLS or Berkeley. And we weren't voting for 'best location' either - we were voting for best campus (or else Berkeley wins in a landslide as far as I'm concerned - no city like SF).


Hay! I was inverse-trolling for my school!


:? Now, now, ray-ray, you didn't see me praise U of C's law building ITT.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby rayiner » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:30 pm

dresden doll wrote:
rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Wow, even a 'best campus' thread can't go over without people trolling for their school. Come on now, everyone - NYU isn't all that pretty and neither are Fordham, CLS or Berkeley. And we weren't voting for 'best location' either - we were voting for best campus (or else Berkeley wins in a landslide as far as I'm concerned - no city like SF).


Hay! I was inverse-trolling for my school!


:? Now, now, ray-ray, you didn't see me praise U of C's law building ITT.


I know. I'm just pointing out that I never said anything in praise of GULC's law campus. Indeed, I said it smelled funny. Hence, I was not one of those people trolling for their school.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:36 pm

rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Wow, even a 'best campus' thread can't go over without people trolling for their school. Come on now, everyone - NYU isn't all that pretty and neither are Fordham, CLS or Berkeley. And we weren't voting for 'best location' either - we were voting for best campus (or else Berkeley wins in a landslide as far as I'm concerned - no city like SF).


Hay! I was inverse-trolling for my school!


:? Now, now, ray-ray, you didn't see me praise U of C's law building ITT.


I know. I'm just pointing out that I never said anything in praise of GULC's law campus. Indeed, I said it smelled funny. Hence, I was not one of those people trolling for their school.


I know. You don't troll for GULC in general, though. Not everyone ITT was being subjective about their school choice (that includes you too, geo).

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby rayiner » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:40 pm

dresden doll wrote:I know. You don't troll for GULC in general, though. Not everyone ITT was being subjective about their school choice (that includes you too, geo).


I find trolling for law schools a somewhat bizarre practice in general...

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:45 pm

rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:I know. You don't troll for GULC in general, though. Not everyone ITT was being subjective about their school choice (that includes you too, geo).


I find trolling for law schools a somewhat bizarre practice in general...


Well, people are pretty quick to label certain posts as trolling, too. I'm probably not allowed 'U of C is underranked' posts any longer (the bulk of which, ironically enough, got posted in the 'worst trolls thread' way before U of C was even on my mind as a serious option).

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby rayiner » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:52 pm

dresden doll wrote:Well, people are pretty quick to label certain posts as trolling, too. I'm probably not allowed 'U of C is underranked' posts any longer (the bulk of which, ironically enough, got posted in the 'worst trolls thread' way before U of C was even on my mind as a serious option).


I just don't get all the fawning people do over their LS. Like, I like my Volvo, I think it's a solid purchase and gets me comfortably from point A to point B, but I don't go around singing its praises on car forums...

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Best Law School Campus

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:00 pm

rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Well, people are pretty quick to label certain posts as trolling, too. I'm probably not allowed 'U of C is underranked' posts any longer (the bulk of which, ironically enough, got posted in the 'worst trolls thread' way before U of C was even on my mind as a serious option).


I just don't get all the fawning people do over their LS. Like, I like my Volvo, I think it's a solid purchase and gets me comfortably from point A to point B, but I don't go around singing its praises on car forums...


If you'd spent many months believing you would never drive at all, and were finally and dramatically presented with the car of your dreams, after you'd watched and supported your friends in their own struggles to drive, despairing of ever having the same chance yourself, you'd be damn happy with that car. You wouldn't even be driving; you'd be flying.

I'll never understand why people aren't thrilled to death with the opportunities they have.

I'll learn to do it properly, now that Observationalist has taken me for his new apprentice! :D




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], maddawg2020, Mhr and 3 guests