Best Law School Campus Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dresden doll

Platinum

Re: Best Law School Campus

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:41 pm

OMG, Michigan is really so beautiful. Thanks for depressing me, Flight. Now I'll have to go google images of U of C's wider campus to comfort myself.

spinsta

New

Post by spinsta » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:43 pm

My vote goes for NYU and Columbia - not the prettiest buildings, but LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Esp. NYU.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:47 pm

dresden doll wrote:OMG, Michigan is really so beautiful. Thanks for depressing me, Flight. Now I'll have to go google images of U of C's wider campus to comfort myself.
Sorry Dres, but Chicago's UG really is stunning too. And, at only 4 hours away, you'll be able to see the UM campus again when you come out to visit us for the Michigan vs. Ohio State game!

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:48 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
dresden doll wrote:OMG, Michigan is really so beautiful. Thanks for depressing me, Flight. Now I'll have to go google images of U of C's wider campus to comfort myself.
Sorry Dres, but Chicago's UG really is stunning too. And, at only 4 hours away, you'll be able to see the UM campus again when you come out to visit us for the Michigan vs. Ohio State game!
Still, it's so damn sad. :|

zero1

New

Post by zero1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:52 pm

spinsta wrote:My vote goes for NYU and Columbia - not the prettiest buildings, but LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Esp. NYU.

Good call though NYU has the edge here. Nothing beats the Village...if you can afford it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MissMaroon

Bronze

Post by MissMaroon » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:56 pm

University of Chicago.

....Michigan, Cornell, and Pepperdine get honorable mentions.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:00 pm

zero1 wrote:
spinsta wrote:My vote goes for NYU and Columbia - not the prettiest buildings, but LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Esp. NYU.

Good call though NYU has the edge here. Nothing beats the Village...if you can afford it.
This is a definitely a matter of preference. I thought the Village was simply overrated. Maybe I didn't explore the area as much as I should have, but the whole area felt rundown, and NYU's campus is simply a collection of buildings in the city. Columbia, by comparison, has an actual campus. While their law school isn't much to look at, the undergrad is 50 feet away, has a real campus feel, and was very visually impressive. These are just my brief opinions from NYU's ASW and exploring Columbia the next day. As I said, it's subjective.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:01 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
zero1 wrote:

This is a definitely a matter of preference. I thought the Village was simply overrated. Maybe I didn't explore the area as much as I should have, but the whole area felt rundown, and NYU's campus is simply a collection of buildings in the city. Columbia, by comparison, has an actual campus. While their law school isn't much to look at, the undergrad is 50 feet away, has a real campus feel, and was very visually impressive. These are just my brief opinions from NYU's ASW and exploring Columbia the next day. As I said, it's subjective.
if we are doing it by location and not the actual building, Fordham FTW. Lincoln Center, UWS, on the park, and still close to midtown.

spinsta

New

Post by spinsta » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:06 pm

geoanthem wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:
zero1 wrote:

if we are doing it by location and not the actual building, Fordham FTW. Lincoln Center, UWS, on the park, and still close to midtown.
I'll give you that. Fordham is a great location. However, my view of Fordham will forever be tainted by the unintelligible Subway announcement "Fo-dum. Fo-dum next."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:33 pm

I love this thread, with all the pretty pictures. I hope I get to go to a pretty school.

Joan Manuel Serrat

New

Post by Joan Manuel Serrat » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:00 pm

MissMaroon wrote:University of Chicago.

Mrs. Marone, i think Chicago is great school. fatastic university. but the campus is very very ugly. it looks like an ice cube, the type produce by an eskimo taking a large "dump" on a frozen slab of concrete. And the inside looks like a soviet era laundromat. i think you were sarcastic, you had to be. very very sneaky and funny.

hayman

New

Post by hayman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Joan Manuel Serrat wrote:
MissMaroon wrote:University of Chicago.

Mrs. Marone, i think Chicago is great school. fatastic university. but the campus is very very ugly. it looks like an ice cube, the type produce by an eskimo taking a large "dump" on a frozen slab of concrete. And the inside looks like a soviet era laundromat. i think you were sarcastic, you had to be. very very sneaky and funny.
the law building isn't that great, but campus overall is quite nice

rcsbball11

New

Post by rcsbball11 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:10 pm

I went to UMiami for undergrad and the campus is gorgeous...the law school building itself is a little dated, but the campus is basically a tropical paradise. 8)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

feeblemiles

Bronze

Post by feeblemiles » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:15 pm

Berkeley 2012

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:19 pm

Wow, even a 'best campus' thread can't go over without people trolling for their school. Come on now, everyone - NYU isn't all that pretty and neither are Fordham, CLS or Berkeley. And we weren't voting for 'best location' either - we were voting for best campus (or else Berkeley wins in a landslide as far as I'm concerned - no city like SF).

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:24 pm

dresden doll wrote:Wow, even a 'best campus' thread can't go over without people trolling for their school. Come on now, everyone - NYU isn't all that pretty and neither are Fordham, CLS or Berkeley. And we weren't voting for 'best location' either - we were voting for best campus (or else Berkeley wins in a landslide as far as I'm concerned - no city like SF).
Hay! I was inverse-trolling for my school!

zero1

New

Post by zero1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:24 pm

I gotta give Uconn an honorable mention as well.

Cornell is another one I liked.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:26 pm

rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Wow, even a 'best campus' thread can't go over without people trolling for their school. Come on now, everyone - NYU isn't all that pretty and neither are Fordham, CLS or Berkeley. And we weren't voting for 'best location' either - we were voting for best campus (or else Berkeley wins in a landslide as far as I'm concerned - no city like SF).
I also said Fordham was ugly. Someone mentioned location and I just stated that Fordham has a great location... :P

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:29 pm

rayiner wrote:
:? Now, now, ray-ray, you didn't see me praise U of C's law building ITT.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:30 pm

dresden doll wrote:
rayiner wrote:
I know. I'm just pointing out that I never said anything in praise of GULC's law campus. Indeed, I said it smelled funny. Hence, I was not one of those people trolling for their school.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:36 pm

rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
rayiner wrote:
I know. I'm just pointing out that I never said anything in praise of GULC's law campus. Indeed, I said it smelled funny. Hence, I was not one of those people trolling for their school.
I know. You don't troll for GULC in general, though. Not everyone ITT was being subjective about their school choice (that includes you too, geo).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:40 pm

dresden doll wrote:I know. You don't troll for GULC in general, though. Not everyone ITT was being subjective about their school choice (that includes you too, geo).
I find trolling for law schools a somewhat bizarre practice in general...

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:45 pm

rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:I know. You don't troll for GULC in general, though. Not everyone ITT was being subjective about their school choice (that includes you too, geo).
I find trolling for law schools a somewhat bizarre practice in general...
Well, people are pretty quick to label certain posts as trolling, too. I'm probably not allowed 'U of C is underranked' posts any longer (the bulk of which, ironically enough, got posted in the 'worst trolls thread' way before U of C was even on my mind as a serious option).

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:52 pm

dresden doll wrote:Well, people are pretty quick to label certain posts as trolling, too. I'm probably not allowed 'U of C is underranked' posts any longer (the bulk of which, ironically enough, got posted in the 'worst trolls thread' way before U of C was even on my mind as a serious option).
I just don't get all the fawning people do over their LS. Like, I like my Volvo, I think it's a solid purchase and gets me comfortably from point A to point B, but I don't go around singing its praises on car forums...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:00 pm

rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Well, people are pretty quick to label certain posts as trolling, too. I'm probably not allowed 'U of C is underranked' posts any longer (the bulk of which, ironically enough, got posted in the 'worst trolls thread' way before U of C was even on my mind as a serious option).
I just don't get all the fawning people do over their LS. Like, I like my Volvo, I think it's a solid purchase and gets me comfortably from point A to point B, but I don't go around singing its praises on car forums...
If you'd spent many months believing you would never drive at all, and were finally and dramatically presented with the car of your dreams, after you'd watched and supported your friends in their own struggles to drive, despairing of ever having the same chance yourself, you'd be damn happy with that car. You wouldn't even be driving; you'd be flying.

I'll never understand why people aren't thrilled to death with the opportunities they have.

I'll learn to do it properly, now that Observationalist has taken me for his new apprentice! :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”