How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby A'nold » Sun May 24, 2009 3:07 am

coolkatz321 wrote:
A'nold wrote:He has proven incapable of this many, many times.


:roll:
Jesus Christ A'nold. Jesus Christ...Christ, Jesus.

My remark was aimed at a comment he made in the Madison decisions thread. And yes, it was a dick comment.


You are a really classy guy coolkatz.

Contrarian
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby Contrarian » Sun May 24, 2009 5:10 am

Jay Phatsby wrote:--ImageRemoved--

What do you think?


Perhaps it's just me, and it really probably is, but their logo looks like a recently penetrated vagina with the letter W inside of it. There's also a hint of GOATSE to it also.

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby coolkatz321 » Sun May 24, 2009 9:16 am

Contrarian wrote:
Perhaps it's just me, and it really probably is, but their logo looks like a recently penetrated vagina with the letter W inside of it. There's also a hint of GOATSE to it also.


:roll:

Yeah, it's just you. I don't know why you have such a severe dislike for UW-Madison, but get over it. And yes, the school is loads better than Chicago-Kent.

User avatar
badfish
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby badfish » Sun May 24, 2009 9:22 am

bedbathandbeheadings wrote:
coolkatz321 wrote:
bedbathandbeheadings wrote:Madison is an overrated shithole. You will be bored to death if you go to Wisconsin (not to mention frozen in the winter and bug-bitten when the lake thaws out). But, if you enjoy being harassed by homeless asking for change, then you would feel right at home walking down State Street in Madison.


Yes, we know they rejected you, but enough is enough. Stop your incessant bitching.


I didn't even apply there and wouldn't ever apply there (unless they moved to SoCal, DC, or NYC). I call it like I see it--you can honestly say you would rather be in Madison than NYC? DC? LA? Yeah...right.


LA blows.

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby dood » Sun May 24, 2009 1:54 pm

...
Last edited by dood on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby A'nold » Sun May 24, 2009 2:17 pm

Contrarian wrote:
Jay Phatsby wrote:--ImageRemoved--

What do you think?


Perhaps it's just me, and it really probably is, but their logo looks like a recently penetrated vagina with the letter W inside of it. There's also a hint of GOATSE to it also.


Lol.

User avatar
Jay Phatsby
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby Jay Phatsby » Sun May 24, 2009 8:19 pm

BobDole34 wrote:gotta love the 164 wall where 3.9/163s get waitlisted but a 3.1/164 gets in

that said, an extra LSAT point or slight increase at the median means what? attend brooklyn law school because it has a 162-166 LSAT split?


Which of these schools is more splitter friendly? Madison or Bloomington?

User avatar
sirhitch
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:36 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby sirhitch » Sun May 24, 2009 8:37 pm

hithere wrote:
A'nold wrote:Actually, bedbath didn't say anything offensive IMO, just saying a certain city sucks. Lots of cities suck: L.A., Miami, New Orleans, Cleveland, Memphis, etc. but I'm sure there are people who would disagree with me on that. I was just talking with a dude the other day that is from Detroit and actually likes the area.



I can't speak for the rest of Detroit, but their airport is surprisingly really nice and very state of the art compared with other big cities.

metro airport is not in detroit

BobDole34
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:03 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby BobDole34 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:13 pm

Jay Phatsby wrote:
BobDole34 wrote:gotta love the 164 wall where 3.9/163s get waitlisted but a 3.1/164 gets in

that said, an extra LSAT point or slight increase at the median means what? attend brooklyn law school because it has a 162-166 LSAT split?


Which of these schools is more splitter friendly? Madison or Bloomington?


No QUESTION it's bloomington. 3.0/164 doesn't get into Madison, in with $ at Indiana.

But also, 162/3.6 gets into Madison (well, maybe not this cycle) but waitlist at Indiana.

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby coolkatz321 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:20 pm

BobDole34 wrote:
But also, 162/3.6 gets into Madison (well, maybe not this cycle) but waitlist at Indiana.


To be fair, I think Madison is all over the place, but really likes high GPAs...for instance, someone with a 157/3.8 got in this cycle. :mrgreen:

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby MrKappus » Sun May 24, 2009 10:55 pm

Contrarian wrote:Perhaps it's just me, and it really probably is, but their logo looks like a recently penetrated vagina with the letter W inside of it. There's also a hint of GOATSE to it also.


Man, if you had been as persistent with your LSAT studying as you are with your anti-Wisco trolling, you could've just gone to NW and saved yourself a lot of message board bitterness.

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby coolkatz321 » Sun May 24, 2009 11:10 pm

MrKappus wrote:
Contrarian wrote:Perhaps it's just me, and it really probably is, but their logo looks like a recently penetrated vagina with the letter W inside of it. There's also a hint of GOATSE to it also.


Man, if you had been as persistent with your LSAT studying as you are with your anti-Wisco trolling, you could've just gone to NW and saved yourself a lot of message board bitterness.


+1. Contrarian has some sort of bizarre hatred for this school, and apparently for no reason at all. My guess is that they dinged him and so he feels the need to glorify Kent over Madison. Of course, there's just no comparison.

hithere
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby hithere » Mon May 25, 2009 12:20 am

Jay Phatsby wrote:
BobDole34 wrote:gotta love the 164 wall where 3.9/163s get waitlisted but a 3.1/164 gets in

that said, an extra LSAT point or slight increase at the median means what? attend brooklyn law school because it has a 162-166 LSAT split?


Which of these schools is more splitter friendly? Madison or Bloomington?



Bloomington easily is more splitter friendly (i.e., they want high lsats over high gpas).

Contrarian
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby Contrarian » Mon May 25, 2009 3:45 am

coolkatz321 wrote:
MrKappus wrote:
Contrarian wrote:Perhaps it's just me, and it really probably is, but their logo looks like a recently penetrated vagina with the letter W inside of it. There's also a hint of GOATSE to it also.


Man, if you had been as persistent with your LSAT studying as you are with your anti-Wisco trolling, you could've just gone to NW and saved yourself a lot of message board bitterness.


+1. Contrarian has some sort of bizarre hatred for this school, and apparently for no reason at all. My guess is that they dinged him and so he feels the need to glorify Kent over Madison. Of course, there's just no comparison.


I didn't apply. I was just trolling the people who were defending WI, if only for the lulz. I've really nothing against WI. Milwaukee leaves a bit to be desired, but Madison isn't bad for a medium sized metro area. Still not convinced that it's a better school though. It may have a better reputation, but that doesn't mean it's a better school.

But seriously, after looking at their logo I do have a warm fuzzy feeling and desire to enter the school. Strange.

User avatar
wiscgrl03
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby wiscgrl03 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:04 am

I also went to UW for undergrad. I loved living in Madison. There is also more to do than drinking, though it does have a great bar scene. There is a lot of live music, theatre, film festival in the summer. It's also close enough to go to Chicago on the weekends, or up north to go hiking or camping.

Cost of living is pretty good. I only payed 280 my senior year, and shared with 3 girls only about 5 blocks from the school. You can live downtown for under 600. You don't need a car, you get a bus pass, and everything downtown is walking distance.

The campus is gorgeous especially in the spring. The winters are harsh, but I think can be really fun.

There are homeless people, like in any city, especially in the downtown area. Politics in Madison are really interesting. Obviously mostly liberal, but a large socialist population keeps things even more interesting, and the conservative sect is loud and proud.

There are a number or great free events through the year, including speakers, concerts, symposiums etc.

I miss Madison greatly. :(

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby coolkatz321 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:57 am

wiscgrl03 wrote:I also went to UW for undergrad. I loved living in Madison. There is also more to do than drinking, though it does have a great bar scene. There is a lot of live music, theatre, film festival in the summer. It's also close enough to go to Chicago on the weekends, or up north to go hiking or camping.

Cost of living is pretty good. I only payed 280 my senior year, and shared with 3 girls only about 5 blocks from the school. You can live downtown for under 600. You don't need a car, you get a bus pass, and everything downtown is walking distance.

The campus is gorgeous especially in the spring. The winters are harsh, but I think can be really fun.

There are homeless people, like in any city, especially in the downtown area. Politics in Madison are really interesting. Obviously mostly liberal, but a large socialist population keeps things even more interesting, and the conservative sect is loud and proud.

There are a number or great free events through the year, including speakers, concerts, symposiums etc.

I miss Madison greatly. :(


Madison is definitely beautiful, but until I move there, I will continue to be confused by the two lakes on both sides of the city...Mendota and Monona ...couldn't they come up with something that didn't sound so similar? :lol:

User avatar
wiscgrl03
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby wiscgrl03 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:06 pm

coolkatz321 wrote:
wiscgrl03 wrote:I also went to UW for undergrad. I loved living in Madison. There is also more to do than drinking, though it does have a great bar scene. There is a lot of live music, theatre, film festival in the summer. It's also close enough to go to Chicago on the weekends, or up north to go hiking or camping.

Cost of living is pretty good. I only payed 280 my senior year, and shared with 3 girls only about 5 blocks from the school. You can live downtown for under 600. You don't need a car, you get a bus pass, and everything downtown is walking distance.

The campus is gorgeous especially in the spring. The winters are harsh, but I think can be really fun.

There are homeless people, like in any city, especially in the downtown area. Politics in Madison are really interesting. Obviously mostly liberal, but a large socialist population keeps things even more interesting, and the conservative sect is loud and proud.

There are a number or great free events through the year, including speakers, concerts, symposiums etc.

I miss Madison greatly. :(


Madison is definitely beautiful, but until I move there, I will continue to be confused by the two lakes on both sides of the city...Mendota and Monona ...couldn't they come up with something that didn't sound so similar? :lol:


Do you know where you are going to be living in Madison? There are some really great neighborhoods. I lived downtown right off of University ave for two years, and I lived on Doty street and Broom my senior year.

If I were going to live there again though I would probably live near James Madison Park area. I would not live in the park street area. JM Park is in the mansion hill region and it's so lovely.

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby coolkatz321 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:12 pm

wiscgrl03 wrote:
coolkatz321 wrote:
Madison is definitely beautiful, but until I move there, I will continue to be confused by the two lakes on both sides of the city...Mendota and Monona ...couldn't they come up with something that didn't sound so similar? :lol:


Do you know where you are going to be living in Madison? There are some really great neighborhoods. I lived downtown right off of University ave for two years, and I lived on Doty street and Broom my senior year.

If I were going to live there again though I would probably live near James Madison Park area. I would not live in the park street area. JM Park is in the mansion hill region and it's so lovely.


I actually have no idea...in my deferral year I'm probably going to find a roommate and try to live somewhere that's relatively inexpensive. After all, Americorps doesn't pay too well...

I know my mom lived in Vilas when she went here, but that was a loooooong time ago.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby 06132010 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:12 pm

big balls.

User avatar
webbylu87
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby webbylu87 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:13 pm

Did you find an Americorps position in Madison itself? I searched and couldn't find anything.

Bankhead
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby Bankhead » Mon May 25, 2009 12:14 pm

A'nold wrote:
Contrarian wrote:
Jay Phatsby wrote:--ImageRemoved--

What do you think?


Perhaps it's just me, and it really probably is, but their logo looks like a recently penetrated vagina with the letter W inside of it. There's also a hint of GOATSE to it also.


Lol.
'

LOL, yes, totally.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby 06132010 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:15 pm

Contrarian wrote:
Jay Phatsby wrote:--ImageRemoved--

What do you think?


Perhaps it's just me, and it really probably is, but their logo looks like a recently penetrated vagina with the letter W inside of it.


Haha. You're right, it really does.

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby coolkatz321 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:22 pm

webbylu87 wrote:Did you find an Americorps position in Madison itself? I searched and couldn't find anything.


There are a number of them...or, at least in Dane County. The one I applied for would have me in Madison, or one of the neighboring towns, neither of which is more than 10 minutes away.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby A'nold » Mon May 25, 2009 2:46 pm

Hmmm..........people thought that comment was funny.......I wonder why......maybe because it was?

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby coolkatz321 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:10 pm

A'nold wrote:Hmmm..........people thought that comment was funny.......I wonder why......maybe because it was?


Jesus Christ you're obnoxious.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests