How much does the University of Wisconsin suck? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
coldfeet09

New

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Post by coldfeet09 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:15 pm

To the person posting pictures of Madison. Sure Madison has some nice areas, but it also has dome dangerous areas. For every picture you post of people enjoying a drink at that building (the one with the chairs), I can post a picture of a homless person just two blocks away on State Street. Don't get me wrong, you should be safe. Just watch your back late at night as that is when the danger is in that area. There have been about three or four (can't remember the exact number) people who have been murded in that area over the last two years. But you should be safe anyways.

Drive straight south on Park St. and drive past the Belt Line. Turn left at the first stop light and you will be in the second most dangerous area in the city. The most dangerous area is only a few blocks to the right from the second location. In both of these locations, there are murders on a yearly basis and a lot of gun shots (almost monthly). This trouble usually doesn't go towards the campus direction, so you should be fine.

Madison does have a lot of nice parks, trails, etc. So you should fine stuff to do. I enjoyed my time by the UW Hospital and Clinics in that area of the trails.

Now, no need to go and defend how great of a place Madison is, as I'm simply pointing out the bad locations. As far as the law school itself goes, like I've said before, I'm not a law student...I just came across this thread when I was doing some searching on Google.

jcwilsn1

Bronze

Post by jcwilsn1 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:18 pm

coldfeet09 wrote:To the person posting pictures of Madison. Sure Madison has some nice areas, but it also has dome dangerous areas. For every picture you post of people enjoying a drink at that building (the one with the chairs), I can post a picture of a homless person just two blocks away on State Street. Don't get me wrong, you should be safe. Just watch your back late at night as that is when the danger is in that area. There have been about three or four (can't remember the exact number) people who have been murded in that area over the last two years. But you should be safe anyways.

Drive straight south on Park St. and drive past the Belt Line. Turn left at the first stop light and you will be in the second most dangerous area in the city. The most dangerous area is only a few blocks to the right from the second location. In both of these locations, there are murders on a yearly basis and a lot of gun shots (almost monthly). This trouble usually doesn't go towards the campus direction, so you should be fine.

Madison does have a lot of nice parks, trails, etc. So you should fine stuff to do. I enjoyed my time by the UW Hospital and Clinics in that area of the trails.

Now, no need to go and defend how great of a place Madison is, as I'm simply pointing out the bad locations. As far as the law school itself goes, like I've said before, I'm not a law student...I just came across this thread when I was doing some searching on Google.
Men's health magazine ranked Madison last year(2008) as the "least armed and dangerous" city in the country

I'm not defending, just pointing out facts. like your locations :)

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:27 pm

jcwilsn1 wrote:
coldfeet09 wrote:To the person posting pictures of Madison. Sure Madison has some nice areas, but it also has dome dangerous areas. For every picture you post of people enjoying a drink at that building (the one with the chairs), I can post a picture of a homless person just two blocks away on State Street. Don't get me wrong, you should be safe. Just watch your back late at night as that is when the danger is in that area. There have been about three or four (can't remember the exact number) people who have been murded in that area over the last two years. But you should be safe anyways.

Men's health magazine ranked Madison last year(2008) as the "least armed and dangerous" city in the country
But at least 3 or 4 people were "murded"!!

coldfeet09

New

Post by coldfeet09 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:28 pm

jcwilsn1 wrote:

I'm not defending, just pointing out facts. like your locations :)
ONe of the two locations that I mentioned is outside of the Madison city limits.

coldfeet09

New

Post by coldfeet09 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:30 pm

MrKappus wrote:
jcwilsn1 wrote:

One was a homeless guy, another a direct target and another a UW-Madison student (which is still unsolved).
Last edited by coldfeet09 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jcwilsn1

Bronze

Post by jcwilsn1 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:33 pm

coldfeet09 wrote:
MrKappus wrote:
jcwilsn1 wrote:

One was a homeless guy, another a direct target and another a UW-Madison student.
I'm from memphis. 17 murders in three years is a pretty great ratio.

scottwisconsin

New

Post by scottwisconsin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:01 am

I didnt plan on posting but when you mess with Madison, you have messed with me. lol jk.

not sure if this has been put out there - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/s ... index.html
(i know its a little outdated)

coolkatz321

Bronze

Post by coolkatz321 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:20 am

scottwisconsin wrote:I didnt plan on posting but when you mess with Madison, you have messed with me. lol jk.

not sure if this has been put out there - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/s ... index.html
I was there Thursday and Friday and had a chance to putz around...Madison is amazing; it's simply unlike any other town/city in the country. And, quite frankly, I cannot wait to move there [permanently] in two weeks!

scottwisconsin

New

Post by scottwisconsin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:13 am

coolkatz321 wrote:
scottwisconsin wrote:I didnt plan on posting but when you mess with Madison, you have messed with me. lol jk.

I was there Thursday and Friday and had a chance to putz around...Madison is amazing; it's simply unlike any other town/city in the country. And, quite frankly, I cannot wait to move there [permanently] in two weeks!
In Madison in 2 weeks? Are you a 1L? I'll be there in two weeks as well to finish my last year of undergrad! If you are living near mifflin and see a thin short guy with a moustache and brown hair. it just might be scottwisconsin...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

coolkatz321

Bronze

Post by coolkatz321 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:34 pm

scottwisconsin wrote:
coolkatz321 wrote:

In Madison in 2 weeks? Are you a 1L? I'll be there in two weeks as well to finish my last year of undergrad! If you are living near mifflin and see a thin short guy with a moustache and brown hair. it just might be scottwisconsin...
I'll be a 1L in 2010...I deferred my admission for a year to get in-state tuition. I've been in Madison for about a week now, and the city is awesome. I've ridden the bike path that goes along the lake pretty much every day.

donzoli

Bronze

Post by donzoli » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Hey, I wasn't sure if there was a more recent thread discussing UW law. I know there is a admissions thread, but I figured I would try to revive this thread to discuss the school in general. I'll be attending the ASW this coming weekend and I can't wait to check out the school and Madison itself. And if there is another thread somewhere, if someone wouldn't mind pointing me to it, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

donzoli

Bronze

Post by donzoli » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:02 pm

Anyone else going to the ASW this weekend?

coolkatz321

Bronze

Post by coolkatz321 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:05 am

donzoli wrote:Anyone else going to the ASW this weekend?
Words of advice (unrelated to ASW) - go to the Farmer's Market. It's back, starting next Saturday, and it's the best one in the country.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

donzoli

Bronze

Post by donzoli » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:41 am

Nice, where is it? I think there is something else going on this weekend as well, like a film festival or something of the sort. BTW, is it business casual for both fri and sat?

donzoli

Bronze

Post by donzoli » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

If the leaked rankings are correct, #28!!!!!!!!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”