How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
coolkatz321

Re: How much does the University of Wisconsin suck?

Postby coolkatz321 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:54 pm

I don't know if I'm that insane. Well, maybe I am... :lol:

coldfeet09

Postby coldfeet09 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:08 pm

billykraus wrote:
coldfeet09 wrote:When the windchill is -20 or so for two or three weeks straight with no sun and winds 20 MPH plus, you will want to have those on your eyes.

If this ever happened (which it doesn't, in my experience), I would still make fun of anyone wearing ski goggles.

I don't know what other state of Wisconsin you live in, but I grew up in the state of Wisconsin by IL and MN. What area of the country is your Wisconsin located where the windchill doesn't deep to -20 below during the coldest days in Jan.?

There is always a stretch in Jan. where it gets really, really cold out. There can be periods of a few days to over a week or more where the temperature NEVER gets above zero degrees and the windchill deeps to -40 below zero (you literally can freeze to death in a few minutes...that is how cold it gets at times). But I'm sure you will reply back saying it never gets this cold since you obviously live in a different Wisconsin.

I'm going to laugh at your ass the first time you bitch about not being able to open your car door (any of them) because they are frooze shut because of how cold it is.

coldfeet09

Postby coldfeet09 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:19 pm

coolkatz321 wrote:Image

If this many people can deal with the cold, so can I.

Jan. = it's fricken cold out. You will have several todays or even over a week or more where the temperature never gets above zero and the windchill drops to -40 at night.

Feb = doesn't start warming up until the end of the month. Middle of the month you just want some sun and a sign of spring while you continue to pry your car door open for the 15th time this winter because it frooze shut again. You can expect temperatures to range from zero to 18 degrees.

March = you will spend the start of the month praying for the snow to be melt by the end of the month. You will be rejoicing at the first sight of the sun.

April = Is that sun? Heck, yes! Snow melts and the temperature finally stays above feezing during the day, but at night it it can still dip below feezing.

May = Rain, rain, rain. That is what you typically get in May. The temperatures begin to finally climb into the 50's and even a few days of 60's. The nights are still very cold as they hover around 32 or slightly above.

June = Can it finally be 80 degrees out? You will have a few days of 70+ temps and than it will be back down into the 50's again for a few days becasue of no sun and a rainy period.
Juy = about dang time it finally gets into the 80's. Humidity settles in. Finally paradise.

August = Best month of the year as far as sun, temps and outdoor activities.

Sept. = dang it gets cold out again at night.

Oct = Where did the sun go?

Nov = start to see snow and freezing teamperatures at night. You have five months of enjoying freezing temperatures at night.

Dec = a lot of snow or little snow. You spend all month looking forward to Christmas and hating the REALLY cold days of Jan that are on the way.

billykraus

Postby billykraus » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:36 pm

Stay away from Wisconsin! We have FOUR seasons!

Oh, and my car door has never frozen shut in my 5 years of driving. Might want to park in a garage :wink:

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:40 pm

Odd that coldfeet has only 4 posts, all pretty much bashing WI. Looks like someone got dinged.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:49 pm

coldfeet09 wrote:

Jan. = it's fricken cold out. You will have several todays or even over a week or more where the temperature never gets above zero and the windchill drops to -40 at night.

Feb = doesn't start warming up until the end of the month. Middle of the month you just want some sun and a sign of spring while you continue to pry your car door open for the 15th time this winter because it frooze shut again. You can expect temperatures to range from zero to 18 degrees.

March = you will spend the start of the month praying for the snow to be melt by the end of the month. You will be rejoicing at the first sight of the sun.

April = Is that sun? Heck, yes! Snow melts and the temperature finally stays above feezing during the day, but at night it it can still dip below feezing.

May = Rain, rain, rain. That is what you typically get in May. The temperatures begin to finally climb into the 50's and even a few days of 60's. The nights are still very cold as they hover around 32 or slightly above.

June = Can it finally be 80 degrees out? You will have a few days of 70+ temps and than it will be back down into the 50's again for a few days becasue of no sun and a rainy period.
Juy = about dang time it finally gets into the 80's. Humidity settles in. Finally paradise.

Nov = start to see snow and freezing teamperatures at night. You have five months of enjoying freezing temperatures at night.

Dec = a lot of snow or little snow. You spend all month looking forward to Christmas and hating the REALLY cold days of Jan that are on the way.

You sound like a whiny little bitch.

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:45 am

To those attending next year, you should totally and try to make it to the Great Taste of the Midwest beer festival on August 8:

The Great Taste is, to our knowledge, the second longest-running craft beer festival in North America. This year, we expect 105+ breweries/brewpubs to be serving about 500 different beers right here in Madison, Wisconsin (Beer Capital of the Midwest!) in a beautiful lakeside setting with a view of the state capitol, with great food for sale, space to spread out on the grass in sun or shade to enjoy the beers and music, and with a celebrity brewer dunk tank for charity. Each brewery brings atleast 3 different beers if not up to 7. You get a nice 8 ounce tasting glass and just go around to drink all day!

AmericasDairyland

Postby AmericasDairyland » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:39 am

:P
Last edited by AmericasDairyland on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coldfeet09

Postby coldfeet09 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:09 am

coolkatz321 wrote:Odd that coldfeet has only 4 posts, all pretty much bashing WI. Looks like someone got dinged.

You really are as dumb as I thought you were for the first posts I read of yours in this thread. READ MY FIRST POST AND LEARN HOW TO READ. YOU MAY WANT TO WORK ON YOUR READING COMPREHENSION BEFORE STARTING LAW SCHOOL. HAVE FUN COMPETING FOR THOSE UN-PAID INTERNSHIPS.

coldfeet09

Postby coldfeet09 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:10 am

MrKappus wrote:
coldfeet09 wrote:

You sound like a whiny little bitch.

And then you spend a year in Wisconsin and you find out that I wrote WAS THE TRUTH ABOUT HOW THE WEATHER IS IN WISCONSIN. For example, in the seven day outlook, there is only one day that is expected to be in the 70's.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:51 am

coldfeet09 wrote:And then you spend a year in Wisconsin and you find out that I wrote WAS THE TRUTH ABOUT HOW THE WEATHER IS IN WISCONSIN. For example, in the seven day outlook, there is only one day that is expected to be in the 70's.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/WI/Madison.html

Every high for the next five days is in the 70's.
So you're a whiny little bitch who lacks attention to detail. (I envision great things for you.)

billykraus

Postby billykraus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:17 am

coldfeet09 wrote:
coolkatz321 wrote:Odd that coldfeet has only 4 posts, all pretty much bashing WI. Looks like someone got dinged.

You really are as dumb as I thought you were for the first posts I read of yours in this thread. READ MY FIRST POST AND LEARN HOW TO READ. YOU MAY WANT TO WORK ON YOUR READING COMPREHENSION BEFORE STARTING LAW SCHOOL. HAVE FUN COMPETING FOR THOSE UN-PAID INTERNSHIPS.

Sorry again that you got rejected from WI! Have fun in Miami, where the weather is hot year round. I'm sure you will enjoy it. :D

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:46 am

coldfeet09 wrote:

THANK YOU FOR THAT SUGGESTION. I WILL ALSO PRACTICE TYPING IN ALL CAPS, SINCE YOU SEEM TO HAVE MASTERED THAT. MAYBE I WILL BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME SOME DAY.

Also, to anyone that lives/has lived in Madison and happens to be a Packers fan...is there a certain bar that people go to to watch the Packers games? Or, do all bars have the game on?

WIdan

Postby WIdan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:30 am

coolkatz321 wrote: Also, to anyone that lives/has lived in Madison and happens to be a Packers fan...is there a certain bar that people go to to watch the Packers games? Or, do all bars have the game on?

If there's a Packers game on, it will be on in every bar in the state. On campus, State Street Brats is probably the place to go.

And as for the discussion about -20 degree wind chills. It definitely happens, and it's no uncommon. There were some -40 degree wind chill days last year. There was a morning that my car thermometer said -22.

NightPutting

Postby NightPutting » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:43 am

I find too many parallels between the people who give a slanted doomsday sermon on the state of the law profession and those who bitch incessantly about the notion that winter exists.

If you've grown up in the Midwest, you're just used to it. You develop a thick skin. In the end, it's just not that big of a deal. Sure, it gets cold. By February, you're pretty sick of it. But there's the changing colors in the fall, the first blanket of snow of the winter, the smell of the air when spring comes around...

Plus, it keeps all the pussies away -- who need 72 degree weather, low wind, and a mineral water to even consider going outside.

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:54 pm

WIdan wrote:
coolkatz321 wrote: Also, to anyone that lives/has lived in Madison and happens to be a Packers fan...is there a certain bar that people go to to watch the Packers games? Or, do all bars have the game on?

If there's a Packers game on, it will be on in every bar in the state. On campus, State Street Brats is probably the place to go.

And as for the discussion about -20 degree wind chills. It definitely happens, and it's no uncommon. There were some -40 degree wind chill days last year. There was a morning that my car thermometer said -22.

I definitely don't doubt the weather description, although it's total BS that it's going to last as long as the Wisconsin-rejectee claimed it would. After spending the past 4 years in Buffalo, I think the weather is only going to get slightly worse--we have days when it's 0 out, but with the 50 MPH winds we get, it feels like -30.

coldfeet09

Postby coldfeet09 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:43 am

Future job prospects for laywers = unemployment line, working un-paid internships, or working $40k/year jobs. Wow, sounds like a great investment.

and for the idiot who says 70's for all week...I will counter your dumb ass with 3 out of the next four days WITHOUT 70 degree temps (you do know that the temps expectant gets changed a couple of times a day).........but we can't expect a pre-law student to be knowledgeable about anything not related to those history classes you took for your history major.

http://www.channel3000.com/weather/index.html

coldfeet09

Postby coldfeet09 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:48 am

coolkatz321 wrote:
WIdan wrote:

I definitely don't doubt the weather description, although it's total BS that it's going to last as long as the Wisconsin-rejectee claimed it would. After spending the past 4 years in Buffalo, I think the weather is only going to get slightly worse--we have days when it's 0 out, but with the 50 MPH winds we get, it feels like -30.

Go to Google, type in the words "alberta clipper" and open the first link.

"The storms sweep in at high speed over whatever land they encounter, usually bringing with them sharp cold fronts and drastically lower temperatures. It is not uncommon for an Alberta clipper to cause temperatures to drop by 30°F (16°C) in as little as 10 to 12 hours. Often, the storms bring biting winds with them, only increasing the effect of the newly lower temperatures. Winds in advance of and during an Alberta clipper are frequently as high as 35 to 45 mph (56 to 72 km/h). These conditions would cause wind chill values to drop into the -20 to -50 Fahrenheit (-30 to -45 Celsius) range[4]."

But as a future lawyer, I'm sure you already knew how to educate yourself before speaking.....oh, you are not taught how to speak until you are in law school...oh, wait a sec, they don't even teach that stuff in law school.

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:50 am

coldfeet09 wrote:Future job prospects for laywers = unemployment line, working un-paid internships, or working $40k/year jobs. Wow, sounds like a great investment.

and for the idiot who says 70's for all week...I will counter your dumb ass with 3 out of the next four days WITHOUT 70 degree temps (you do know that the temps expectant gets changed a couple of times a day).........but we can't expect a pre-law student to be knowledgeable about anything not related to those history classes you took for your history major.

I'd expect someone as "intelligent" as yourself to be good at reading. Unfortunately, you are not.

Weather.com seems pretty solid on its prediction of Madison's weather.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USWI0411?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

The NOAA also agrees, minus one day.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Madison&state=WI&site=MKX&textField1=43.0798&textField2=-89.3875&e=0

Oh, and why the hell are you on this site if you aren't even going to law school? Just to bash Madison? Get out of here, troll.

coldfeet09

Postby coldfeet09 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:57 am

coolkatz321 wrote:
coldfeet09 wrote:Future job prospects for laywers = unemployment line, working un-paid internships, or working $40k/year jobs. Wow, sounds like a great investment.

I'd expect someone as "intelligent" as yourself to be good at reading. Unfortunately, you are not.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Madison&state=WI&site=MKX&textField1=43.0798&textField2=-89.3875&e=0

Oh, and why the hell are you on this site if you aren't even going to law school? Just to bash Madison? Get out of here, troll.

Once again, read my first post and see what I said about Madison. Oh, that's right, I blasted Madison with a hate bomb.

zonkadonk

Postby zonkadonk » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:57 am

danquayle wrote: Wisconsin ...the third best Big Ten law school.

fail. and madison (socially, aesthetically, beer-wise) is way overrated. milwaukee takes all the best parts of madison and eliminates the unwarranted pretension. on the plus side, the law school will give you plenty of opportunities to work in that great city.

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:00 am

coldfeet09 wrote:
coolkatz321 wrote:

Once again, read my first post and see what I said about Madison. Oh, that's right, I blasted Madison with a hate bomb.

:roll:

You've been bashing like none other--the law school (employment BS) and especially the weather. However, even after your asinine rant about the poster being wrong, you bitched about them being off by 2 degrees. Of course, more reliable sites like TWC and the NOAA prove you wrong.

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:01 am

zonkadonk wrote:
danquayle wrote: Wisconsin ...the third best Big Ten law school.

fail. and madison (socially, aesthetically, beer-wise) is way overrated. milwaukee takes all the best parts of madison and eliminates the unwarranted pretension. on the plus side, the law school will give you plenty of opportunities to work in that great city.

Umm...Great Taste of the Midwest? The oldest and best beer festival in the US? You've obviously never been...100 breweries, 500 beers, and it sells out within hours.

Fail.

h1yaaaguy

Postby h1yaaaguy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:42 am

Of all the topics in TLS this has to be the stupidest. I went to Madison for four years as an undergrad and stayed there for 3 summers. The place is unbelievably fun, and I'm from Chicago (#1 city in the world). If you're a pussy and afraid of the cold weather then Wisco isn't for you. If you aren't a little bitch then Madison is a great place to be a student. My only concern would be that during undergrad I never got shit done because the bar and party seen is awesome.

To anyone going there this Fall, enjoy yourself.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”