Opera goes to Penn Station in search of Rankings!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
underdawg

Re: Opera goes to Penn Station in search of Rankings!

Postby underdawg » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:47 am

lulz good work OS

gilchristh

Postby gilchristh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:47 am

samsamuelson wrote:
gilchristh wrote:Opera, again-- you're a goddess.

Must feel good to be right after constant naysaying. Dresden Doll once again comes in trying to get quick wins with flashy pessimism and gets steam rolled by The Truth.

It does. The only thing that still irks me is that I basically got lucky. All I was saying all day yesterday was that, according to USNWR, the overall rankings might, in fact, include PT numbers, and the other arguments against it didn't hold water, so the mass delusion of certainty that the leak was definitely false and the resultant nastiness that accompanied it was unjustified. I could have been just as right in saying that the PT numbers might be included, but ultimately been trashed for pointing out the lack of validity of the claims against the leak's legitimacy.

Oh well...
Last edited by gilchristh on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dantimreynolds

Postby dantimreynolds » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:51 am

samsamuelson wrote:

Must feel good to be right after constant naysaying. Dresden Doll once again comes in trying to get quick wins with flashy pessimism and gets steam rolled by The Truth.

Ya, i've noticed that dresdon hasn't been on yet since the confirmation....

come out dresdon! we forgive you!

jacktripper

Postby jacktripper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:54 am

gilchristh wrote:
samsamuelson wrote:

It does, indeed! The only thing that still irks me is that I basically got lucky. All I was saying all day yesterday was that, according to USNWR, the overall rankings might, in fact, include PT numbers, and the other arguments against it didn't hold water, so the mass delusion of certainty that the leak was definitely false and the douchebaggery that accompanied that delusion was unjustified. I could have been just as right in saying that the PT numbers might be included, but ultimately been trashed for pointing out the lack of validity of the claims against the leak's legitimacy.

Oh well... worked out well for me!

we get it, you researched and made an educated decision on the matter. Congratulations! You are a wiener!
Last edited by jacktripper on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gilchristh

Postby gilchristh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:04 pm

jacktripper wrote:we get it, you guessed correctly. Congratulations! You are a wiener!

Yeah, I "guessed" ... That, and some research and reason never hurt.
Last edited by gilchristh on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go_Cardinals

Postby Go_Cardinals » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:05 pm

I see the picture of the cover, and the rankings. Is there a picture of the point breakdown by category? I'd love to get a look at some of the data.

thesouthside

Postby thesouthside » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Wow, I missed out last night. OS & GA, you guys are awesome.

My cell has been blowing up all day because of this thread...

doyleoil

Postby doyleoil » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:07 pm

gilchristh wrote:
jacktripper wrote:we get it, you guessed correctly. Congratulations! You are a wiener!

Yeah, I "guessed" ... I guessed that 100% of the posters who threw around insults and attacks based on an absolute certainty that the leak was wrong were complete and total douchebags. That, and some research and reason never hurt.

as i recall, some very effusive apologies were tossed around, and people (including myself) admitted they were being internet blowhards - that's really all we can do at this point - the site bows to your superiority - would you like to be the only one allowed to post from here on out? let's talk to ken and see if that can be arranged

cqphan89

Postby cqphan89 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm such a nerd for waking up this morning. Finding Ken's thread and reading through all 28 pages of this journey.

Props to Opera.

Some big surprises this year in the rankings!

Wowza...

gilchristh

Postby gilchristh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:11 pm

doyleoil wrote:as i recall, some very effusive apologies were tossed around, and people (including myself) admitted they were being internet blowhards - that's really all we can do at this point - the site bows to your superiority - would you like to be the only one allowed to post from here on out? let's talk to ken and see if that can be arranged

No, doyle... you're cool in my book (excepting this return of the attitude you promised last night to attempt to suppress). I'm just sick and tired of being attacked today for being right yesterday, and you and Mallard are the only people who've apologized for the thrashing I received yesterday (dantim also apologized for accusing me of attacking him, which I did not do).
Last edited by gilchristh on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:13 pm

gilchristh wrote:No, doyle... you're cool in my book (excepting this return of the attitude you promised last night to attempt to suppress). I'm just sick and tired of being attacked today for being right yesterday, and you and Mallard are the only people who've apologized for the thrashing I received yesterday (dantim also apologized for accusing me of attacking him, which I did not do).

I apologize for not attacking you earlier.

doyleoil

Postby doyleoil » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:14 pm

gilchristh wrote:No, doyle... you're cool in my book (excepting this return of the attitude you promised last night to attempt to suppress). I'm just sick and tired of being attacked today for being right yesterday, and you and Mallard are the only people who've apologized for the thrashing I received yesterday (dantim also apologized for accusing me of attacking him, which I did not do).

we're cool, and i'm sure some other people on here would be cool with ya too....just dial it back just a TAD, that's all we ask - and if we can all just have a sense of humor, we'll all get along much better - :D

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:16 pm

doyleoil wrote:

we're cool, and i'm sure some other people on here would be cool with ya too....just dial it back just a TAD, that's all we ask - and if we can all just have a sense of humor, we'll all get along much better - :D

To be fair, I think this is something like her 32nd straight hour on TLS defending herself. She's been called everything from illogical to having her dog insulted. Nerves are probably on edge.

gilchristh

Postby gilchristh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:21 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
doyleoil wrote:

To be fair, I think this is something like her 32nd straight hour on TLS defending herself. She's been called everything from illogical to having her dog insulted. Nerves are probably on edge.

Thank you! FINALLY someone is starting to get it.

kimber1028

Postby kimber1028 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Opera, thanks again! Way to be a hero to the law school community!
Last edited by kimber1028 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:29 pm

muddywaters wrote:
9. Opera turned me straight during one glorious night over the internet.

Good morning, kids! Now this was worth waking up for.

Ken

Postby Ken » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Opera definitely deserves her $100 and is a living legend as well.

I think we can not worry about who was right or who was wrong on the rankings being legitimate. Myself, Gilchristh, and others could have been wrong but the coin toss went our way. So lets put any animosity behind us as it was a great night for all of TLS!

geoanthem

Postby geoanthem » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Ken wrote:Opera definitely deserves her $100 and is a living legend as well.

I think we can not worry about who was right or who was wrong on the rankings being legitimate. Myself, Gilchristh, and others could have been wrong but the coin toss went our way. So lets put any animosity behind us as it was a great night for all of TLS!

TITCR

doyleoil

Postby doyleoil » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:35 pm

now if only ATL would acknowledge their debt to TLS! :(

hoffb86

Postby hoffb86 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:38 pm

doyleoil wrote:now if only ATL would acknowledge their debt to TLS! :(

I've sent two emails now, one last night and one this morning.... no dice...

TheNerdProject

Postby TheNerdProject » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 pm

4.20.09 = 420 = best day ever for TLS!

dantimreynolds

Postby dantimreynolds » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 pm

TheNerdProject wrote:4.20.09 = 420 = best day ever for TLS!

I have to say I was legitimately proud of us last night. Is that weird?

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:45 pm

though the rankings were leaked here first, Critical Badger was the first blog / site to stick his neck out and claim they were legit, so i have no problem with him getting the credit..

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:46 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
muddywaters wrote:
9. Opera turned me straight during one glorious night over the internet.

Good morning, kids! Now this was worth waking up for.

I live in NYC. If you are ever of the inclination, I would totally buy you a drink.

Lowndes

Postby Lowndes » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:46 pm

doyleoil wrote:now if only ATL would acknowledge their debt to TLS! :(

Best of luck with this. I sent them an email over there. I'm not sure if that blog cares to post anything that is accurate or not sensationalized any more.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”