Opera goes to Penn Station in search of Rankings! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
RVP11

Gold

Re: Opera goes to Penn Station in search of Rankings!

Post by RVP11 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 pm

flhealth wrote:though the rankings were leaked here first, Critical Badger was the first blog / site to stick his neck out and claim they were legit, so i have no problem with him getting the credit..
But unless Critical Badger had some inside knowledge, it was probably just a wild guess. Just like a lot of posters on here. See: blind squirrel finding acorn.

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 pm

I went to B&N in St Augustine Florida today and they werent out yet

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:49 pm

opera, if you are in NYC this summer -- you get drinks on me!

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:49 pm

sbalive wrote:
flhealth wrote:though the rankings were leaked here first, Critical Badger was the first blog / site to stick his neck out and claim they were legit, so i have no problem with him getting the credit..
Yeah, but he makes it seem like he got it from a "source"... That's a bit lame. Also, TLS got the confirmation & the complete rankings. So, props must go to OperaSoprano, Ken, Mandelbaum, and TLS as a whole!

Also, does anyone know if these issues are out anywhere else but the magical Hudson News by the LIRR at Penn Station?
credited....screen shot should lay claim to the crown

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:50 pm

PKSebben wrote:opera, if you are in NYC this summer -- you get drinks on me!
I'll chip in a drink or two, as well. But I'm not going to be in NYC...I'm sure PK can cover the extras.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:50 pm

Haha, Gilchrist is still at it, huh?

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:52 pm

this is awesome.

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:56 pm

as great as this thread is, i think those trying to catch up should read this thread too....this is where it all started
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =1&t=69251

huckabees

Bronze

Post by huckabees » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Ken wrote:This is better than reality TV. I am really counting on those rankings being accurate as I posted that they are likely the real thing. So much stress, I really picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!

Go Opera, Go!
This is hilarious coming from Ken! Thanks, Ken, for your support in this race!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

huckabees

Bronze

Post by huckabees » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:22 pm

mallard wrote:Mandelbaum, OperaSoprano, and geoanthem are pretty automatically top posters now, I guess.
Agreed. They should get special colors for their usernames, or descriptive accolades above their usernames.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:37 pm

To all those who offered to buy me drinks: thanks! I am abstaining from alcohol until the evening of June 8th, when I plan to drink myself into oblivion. I hope you will all come with me! There's an amazing bar called Bourgeois Pig, just a few blocks east of here.

I will be in NYC through July. If Fordham has not admitted me by then, I will have to leave my beloved city :cry: , but I might pop up in San Francisco or Boston. It all depends...

As always, thanks for making TLS such an epic win. If this site hadn't existed, I wouldn't be in at a pretty kick ass school that has unfortunately dropped six spots in the rankings, to #94. WTF, USNews? I want my $9.95 back.

coolkatz321

Bronze

Post by coolkatz321 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:52 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:To all those who offered to buy me drinks: thanks! I am abstaining from alcohol until the evening of June 8th, when I plan to drink myself into oblivion. I hope you will all come with me! There's an amazing bar called Bourgeois Pig, just a few blocks east of here.

I will be in NYC through July. If Fordham has not admitted me by then, I will have to leave my beloved city :cry: , but I might pop up in San Francisco or Boston. It all depends...

As always, thanks for making TLS such an epic win. If this site hadn't existed, I wouldn't be in at a pretty kick ass school that has unfortunately dropped six spots in the rankings, to #94. WTF, USNews? I want my $9.95 back.
USNWR may not give you back that money, but Ken certainly will :lol:

huckabees

Bronze

Post by huckabees » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:53 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
69sofine wrote:Why is Yale's NY bar passage rate so low? And Stanford's Cali rate is really impressive.
Yale students too busy studying impractical theoretical BS?

Or 8% have zero work ethic.

I thought the NY Bar was supposed to be easy. UVA had 99% bar passage rate.
Wurtzel?

Yale's class is so small that ONE PERSON can still impact their passage rate at the decimal! :lol:

(j/k)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:56 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:To all those who offered to buy me drinks: thanks! I am abstaining from alcohol until the evening of June 8th, when I plan to drink myself into oblivion. I hope you will all come with me! There's an amazing bar called Bourgeois Pig, just a few blocks east of here.

Keep up in the loop as the test (right?) approaches!

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Helmholtz wrote:I also wanted to stress that The Critical Badger (or whatever hell that guy's name is) didn't break anything first. As far as I can tell, the original scanned leak was put up on here first. I saved it to my computer before the OP killed the link. I then uploaded it to my Dropbox folder, and posted that as a new link. I saw that the Badger guy put up my Dropbox link (as well as did xoxo) and I changed it to a gif of Kermit screwing a stuffed rabbit. For quite a while, the Badger website had a link of Kermit fucking a rabbit (lol), obviously demonstrating that he was just using the later URL.

FWIW
:lol: To me, it will always be known as "The Helmholtz File".

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:25 pm

I love that the pics OS took are showing up all over the law school internet world. It's like knowing a celebrity, kind of, but not really-ish.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Ken wrote:Opera definitely deserves her $100 and is a living legend as well.

I think we can not worry about who was right or who was wrong on the rankings being legitimate. Myself, Gilchristh, and others could have been wrong but the coin toss went our way. So lets put any animosity behind us as it was a great night for all of TLS!
Ken, with the publicity you can spin from this, you might consider upping Opera's stipend just a tad. :wink:

I'm just happy that of all the other sites I could have been a part of, it appears I was successful in making TLS my choice. Hopefully this will steamroll me through my 2010 cycle. :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:30 pm

mallard wrote:

I will, Mallard. I got a 169 on a preptest yesterday, which I know cannot touch your level of greatness, but should do me for the Fordham PT or Hastings waitlist if I can replicate it in June.

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:30 pm

veritas85 wrote:I love that the pics OS took are showing up all over the law school internet world. It's like knowing a celebrity, kind of, but not really-ish.
+1 very cool.

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:36 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:I will, Mallard. I got a 169 on a preptest yesterday, which I know cannot touch your level of greatness, but should do me for the Fordham PT or Hastings waitlist if I can replicate it in June.
I think that will be more than sufficient, yeah. Feel free to PM me if there are any particular issues you're having.

muddywaters

Bronze

Post by muddywaters » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:39 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
mallard wrote:

I will, Mallard. I got a 169 on a preptest yesterday, which I know cannot touch your level of greatness, but should do me for the Fordham PT or Hastings waitlist if I can replicate it in June.
kick ass! do it up!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hudda Budda

New

Post by Hudda Budda » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:I also wanted to stress that The Critical Badger (or whatever hell that guy's name is) didn't break anything first. As far as I can tell, the original scanned leak was put up on here first. I saved it to my computer before the OP killed the link. I then uploaded it to my Dropbox folder, and posted that as a new link. I saw that the Badger guy put up my Dropbox link (as well as did xoxo) and I changed it to a gif of Kermit screwing a stuffed rabbit. For quite a while, the Badger website had a link of Kermit fucking a rabbit (lol), obviously demonstrating that he was just using the later URL.

FWIW

hahaha I have so much respect for Helmholtz now.

huckabees

Bronze

Post by huckabees » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Hudda Budda wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:

FWIW

hahaha I have so much respect for Helmholtz now.

True. We need more shoutouts for Helmholtz. I think the dude put up those first leaks like 20 times, as they kept being taken down and replaced with who knows what.

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:53 pm

i am not good with links...can somebody provide me with a link of the photos?

SethD2767

New

Post by SethD2767 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Is there a link to a scan or photo of the rankings? I've already seenthe photo of the front cover of the USNWR 2010; but I would like to see a photo of the details (e.g. 25/75 GapA and LSAT for schools and assessment scores). Anyone?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”