BYU 1L Taking Questions

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
LogicalBaozi
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:44 am

Re: BYU 1L Taking Questions

Postby LogicalBaozi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:31 pm

flhealth wrote:I guess its during 2L when they talk about posting threads in the appropriate forums....


Oooh, I had a similar question. I was wondering how this thread has gotten to two pages when it should be in the "Discuss Your Law School" forum, without having had a mod move it.

User avatar
jeremydc
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: BYU 1L Taking Questions

Postby jeremydc » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:43 pm

I just wanted know the ratio of black/white students as well as the ratio of non Mormon/ Mormon?

I just started attending a Mormon church and have enjoyed my experience there but with a 3.0 GPA and being HAwaiian , I doubt my chances would be good.

User avatar
jeremydc
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: BYU 1L Taking Questions

Postby jeremydc » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Guess not , Nice try self.

User avatar
El_Gallo
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 am

Re: BYU 1L Taking Questions

Postby El_Gallo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Is BYU a big feeder school? Did most of the law students do UG there? Are there many students that graduated from BYU-Idaho?

User avatar
justcap
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: BYU 1L Taking Questions

Postby justcap » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:21 pm

jeremydc wrote:I just wanted know the ratio of black/white students as well as the ratio of non Mormon/ Mormon?

I just started attending a Mormon church and have enjoyed my experience there but with a 3.0 GPA and being HAwaiian , I doubt my chances would be good.


I'm just a 0L, and I don't know what the race or religion ratios are, but my guess is that being Hawaiian would get you in faster and more easily than being white. Like all other schools, BYU tries to 'diversify' itself.

User avatar
justcap
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: BYU 1L Taking Questions

Postby justcap » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:29 pm

El_Gallo wrote:Is BYU a big feeder school? Did most of the law students do UG there? Are there many students that graduated from BYU-Idaho?

Qualifier: I am a 0L and won't start until August, and I did not attend BYU for undergrad.

However, I did look through BYU's commencement booklet for this year and read through all of the law graduates info (it included each grads name, undergrad degree/school, and any other degree). I was VERY surprised at how few had done their undergrad outside of BYU. The vast majority had gone to BYU.

User avatar
El_Gallo
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 am

Re: BYU 1L Taking Questions

Postby El_Gallo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:08 am

justcap wrote:However, I did look through BYU's commencement booklet for this year and read through all of the law graduates info (it included each grads name, undergrad degree/school, and any other degree). I was VERY surprised at how few had done their undergrad outside of BYU. The vast majority had gone to BYU.


Haha, thanks. Yeah, that is what I kind of figured.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests