BYU 1L Taking Questions Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LogicalBaozi

New

Re: BYU 1L Taking Questions

Post by LogicalBaozi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:31 pm

flhealth wrote:I guess its during 2L when they talk about posting threads in the appropriate forums....
Oooh, I had a similar question. I was wondering how this thread has gotten to two pages when it should be in the "Discuss Your Law School" forum, without having had a mod move it.

jeremydc

Bronze

Post by jeremydc » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:43 pm

I just wanted know the ratio of black/white students as well as the ratio of non Mormon/ Mormon?

I just started attending a Mormon church and have enjoyed my experience there but with a 3.0 GPA and being HAwaiian , I doubt my chances would be good.

jeremydc

Bronze

Post by jeremydc » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Guess not , Nice try self.

El_Gallo

Bronze

Post by El_Gallo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Is BYU a big feeder school? Did most of the law students do UG there? Are there many students that graduated from BYU-Idaho?

justcap

New

Post by justcap » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:21 pm

jeremydc wrote:I just wanted know the ratio of black/white students as well as the ratio of non Mormon/ Mormon?

I just started attending a Mormon church and have enjoyed my experience there but with a 3.0 GPA and being HAwaiian , I doubt my chances would be good.
I'm just a 0L, and I don't know what the race or religion ratios are, but my guess is that being Hawaiian would get you in faster and more easily than being white. Like all other schools, BYU tries to 'diversify' itself.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

justcap

New

Post by justcap » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:29 pm

El_Gallo wrote:Is BYU a big feeder school? Did most of the law students do UG there? Are there many students that graduated from BYU-Idaho?
Qualifier: I am a 0L and won't start until August, and I did not attend BYU for undergrad.

However, I did look through BYU's commencement booklet for this year and read through all of the law graduates info (it included each grads name, undergrad degree/school, and any other degree). I was VERY surprised at how few had done their undergrad outside of BYU. The vast majority had gone to BYU.

El_Gallo

Bronze

Post by El_Gallo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:08 am

justcap wrote:However, I did look through BYU's commencement booklet for this year and read through all of the law graduates info (it included each grads name, undergrad degree/school, and any other degree). I was VERY surprised at how few had done their undergrad outside of BYU. The vast majority had gone to BYU.
Haha, thanks. Yeah, that is what I kind of figured.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”