Suffolk VS Pierce..I need help!!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Zmoney97

Suffolk VS Pierce..I need help!!

Postby Zmoney97 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:13 pm

I am looking for advise and I felt that this was a great way to find some

Ive been accepted to Pierce Law with no scholarship money and have been accepted to the Suffolk Law part time program also with no scholarship money. If I attend Suffolk I could live at home and save a lot of money when it comes to rent and also might be able to get a part time job. At Pierce I would be paying a lot for rent and other living expenses.

Ive also been accepted to New England School of Law with a great scholarship

I am not sure what to do and it would be great if I could get some help. Thanks 8) 8) 8)

jeisner

Re: Suffolk VS Pierce..I need help!!

Postby jeisner » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:15 pm

Suffolk 100%

sullidop

Postby sullidop » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Definitely Suffolk. If you're thinking of practicing in Boston, NE Law is a joke. Suffolk isn't known well outside of MA (probably because they're not T-100). That being said, they're strongly represented in the public sector of MA (I dare you to find a judge that didn't go there) and a few of the kids place in BigLaw offices in Boston every year.

MTal

Postby MTal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:21 pm

--LinkRemoved--

benh2os

Postby benh2os » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:22 pm

If you plan to do IP/are Patent Bar Eligible I would say Pierce no question. If not IP I'd say Suffolk 100%.

Zmoney97

Postby Zmoney97 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:41 pm

thanks for the help all!...still confused...but I've got plenty of time to decide I guess

Harry Ballsogna

Postby Harry Ballsogna » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:35 am

With the relatively low COL situation you have in Boston - Suffolk would be a no brainer for me.

It seems like a large majority of Franklin Pierce faculty are...Franklin Pierce grads.

http://www.piercelaw.edu/faculty/

barkingbug

Postby barkingbug » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Harry Ballsogna wrote:With the relatively low COL situation you have in Boston - Suffolk would be a no brainer for me.

It seems like a large majority of Franklin Pierce faculty are...Franklin Pierce grads.

http://www.piercelaw.edu/faculty/

About half, which is what you would have to expect from the only school in the state. Harvard is the next most common source of professors, along with Northeastern and Georgetown...

UNH/FP is the best school of the group according to USNWR. If you want to stay in Boston, why not take the big scholarship?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”