Anyone Applying to McGill Law? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Globetrekker

New

Re: Anyone Applying to McGill Law?

Post by Globetrekker » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Apparently some decisions are starting to trickle in... I hope the Faculty realizes how much I would like to be apart of it!

Seriously...I about stop breathing every time I check my status---and I'm not much of a status-checker as it is. Here's to hoping I'm "Ready For {a good} Review."

Aside from a few schools in the US (and they know who they are at this point I'm pretty sure, I've made that well clear from the apps :)), studying law at McGill is something I instinctively crave.

GatorsGonnaLose

New

Post by GatorsGonnaLose » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Does anyone know why McGill advertises it's GPA median as 84% and 3.7? Last time I checked a 3.7 isn't an 84% average..

McGill is one of my top choices but my GPA is definitely not a 3.7. I speak French and a few other languages, have a good resume and other great "soft" factors. And I hear that maybe being from the US would help?

UFMatt

Bronze

Post by UFMatt » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:26 pm

GatorsGonnaLose wrote:Does anyone know why McGill advertises it's GPA median as 84% and 3.7? Last time I checked a 3.7 isn't an 84% average..

McGill is one of my top choices but my GPA is definitely not a 3.7. I speak French and a few other languages, have a good resume and other great "soft" factors. And I hear that maybe being from the US would help?
They probably mean 84th percentile.

Thumbs down to your username. :P

I can't say anything about McGill law, but McGill undergrad is fantastic, as is Montreal. For breakfast, you must try Chez Cora. Just down the hill from McGill.

urban_cdn

New

Post by urban_cdn » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:33 pm

sitting in class at mcgill right now haha - love the school! i don't know too many specifics about the law school as i myself am applying only in toronto and the US, but i do have a good friend who graduated last year and is at mcgill law now and seems to love it!

GMUPatriot86

New

Post by GMUPatriot86 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:59 pm

Hall of Fame goalie Ken Dryden went there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”