Opinions on University of Florida law school

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
danielfgator

Re: Opinions on University of Florida law school

Postby danielfgator » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:24 am

mdd05d wrote:I know Tampa is north of Orlando, I just feel like Orlando has more of a SoFla feel, and Tampa is more like most of Northern Florida. Just my observations from living in Florida and knowing someone from pretty much every city in the state..

Also, there are differences between Gainesville and Tallahassee. For instance, you wouldn't wish the girls of UF on your worst enemy or even that it's comical that UF students feel that since Princeton Review anointed them the #1 party school that it makes it true. :mrgreen:

But seriously though despite those differences they are essentially the same type of town(college towns with a lot of nightlife centered around the younger crowd). Tallahassee does have the Capitol and I think their residents are a bit less white trash than the residents of Gainesville, but I feel the same way as many of the people graduating from UF. I loved my four years, but I don't know if I could do another three.

You just made me laugh. A little less white trash?? Tally residents are way way way way more white trashy than Gville's, hehehehe... C'mon man, Tally is almost at the heart of the South. At least here in Gville we get some influence from SFL...

hannah

Postby hannah » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:43 am

Go to Mars!
Go Gators!

montoya31

Postby montoya31 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:18 pm

montoya31 wrote:

Florida's capital and best job opportunities are concentrated in South Florida and that is a UM stronghold.

Is that a mistake or do you think Miami is the capital of Florida?

I did not mean it as in the STATE CAPITAL, I MEANT THAT MOST OF FLORIDA's MONEY(capital) is concentrated in South Florida.
I still vividly remember my 3rd grade teacher breaking apart the word TALL-A-HAS-SEE so we would remember it

arl07

Postby arl07 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:45 pm

I am currently an UG at FSU and a Tallahassee Native. Hopefully going to apply for Fall 2011 cycle. The University of Florida has a bigger alumni because the law school has been around a lot longer than FSU. FSU's law school is still fairly new, (I believe started in the 1960s) so that's where UF has the advantage. As for the faculty of FSU, my father and uncle both went to FSU law said that their professors definitely helped them when it came to passing the bar exam. They both passed the first time and give credit to the faculty at FSU. FSU is now catching up to UF according to rankings. Both are good schools if you want to practice in Florida. Will you bleed garnet and gold or orange and blue? personally garnet and gold are better but it's all up to you!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”