Best market for Idaho biglaw Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Diamond

Best market for Idaho biglaw

Post by 20160810 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:01 am

Pocatello or Twin Falls, where can I make the biggest bucks and roll the sweetest foreign cars?

neskerdoo

Silver

Re: Best market for Idaho biglaw

Post by neskerdoo » Wed May 14, 2008 12:10 am

go to sleep

Mr T.

New

Post by Mr T. » Wed May 14, 2008 12:19 am

neskerdoo wrote:go to sleep
big lulz

wardboro

Bronze

Post by wardboro » Wed May 14, 2008 12:41 am

If by foreign cars you mean a 1975 Datsun, then Twin Falls. If by foreign cars you mean a 1980 Honda, the Pocatello.

Mr T.

New

Post by Mr T. » Wed May 14, 2008 12:44 am

wardboro wrote:If by foreign cars you mean a 1975 Datsun, then Twin Falls. If by foreign cars you mean a 1980 Honda, the Pocatello.
Actually, I think he means a 1982 Peugot. For that, I would actually have to recommend Idaho Falls. There are lots of idahobiglaw firms there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ari20dal7

Bronze

Post by ari20dal7 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:49 am

Actually, I think he means a 1982 Peugot. For that, I would actually have to recommend Boise.
Fuck that noise. If you want Idaho biglaw, you're a damned fool if you don't check into Moscow. The university is doing some cutting edge work on Privileged Operational Technologies And Testing Oppotunities issues.

wardboro

Bronze

Post by wardboro » Wed May 14, 2008 12:51 am

Idaho Falls is much nicer than either of Pocatello or Twin Falls. Both of them have a sort of white ghettoy vibe going one.

Boise is a pretty cool place. It's small as far as cities go, but as the capitol city and largest city in the state, it still has a surprisingly urban feel given its small metro population. I could definitely be happy in Boise. Up north is cool too, and has a sort of rugged Pacific Northwest feel to it. The law school is splitting campuses and will have a Boise campus within a few years, which would make attending Idaho a more attractive option (if it were an option I were considering.)

Idaho really isn't that bad, and it has some pretty amazing outdoor opportunities. Big boise firms pay alright relative to the COL.

Moscow is a cool college town, esp with WSU 15 miles away, but it's still pretty small.

ari20dal7

Bronze

Post by ari20dal7 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:56 am

I could dig Idaho except for the Mormons ;)

wardboro

Bronze

Post by wardboro » Wed May 14, 2008 12:59 am

Depends on the part of the state. Idaho Falls, Pocatello, and the areas Southeast could easily be integrated into Utah. Boise is a pretty moderate place, and the Northern part of the state feels like Washington. Parts of it scream "jello belt" but up North is like a whole different country.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ari20dal7

Bronze

Post by ari20dal7 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:01 am

Depends on the part of the state. Idaho Falls, Pocatello, and the areas Southeast could easily be integrated into Utah. Boise is a pretty moderate place, and the Northern part of the state feels like Washington. Parts of it scream "jello belt" but up North is like a whole different country.
Is it really? I would have thought that the northern part of the state would be more Jello Belt than the southern part. Maybe that's what comes from having my Mormon experience in Oklahoma......

davipatr

New

Post by davipatr » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:44 pm

ari20dal7 wrote:
Is it really? I would have thought that the northern part of the state would be more Jello Belt than the southern part. Maybe that's what comes from having my Mormon experience in Oklahoma......
Hey we mormons are nice folks, but if you really don't like to be around us, you won't find many in the North. Some, just like everywhere, but you could probably go several years in the pan handle and never run into one. And it is gorgeous. A lot more precipitation than the south, but it is also much greener and tons and tons of outdoor recreation if that is what you are into.
The northern part of Idaho is sandwiched in between Montana and Washington and bears much more resemblence to those places than Southeast (Mormon) Idaho. Boise also has a fairly heavy LDS presence, though nothing like the southeast.
Why don't you like us?

JetstoRJC

Bronze

Post by JetstoRJC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:48 pm

Biglaw? Definitely Rexburg/Idaho Falls. PocaTTTello and TTTwin Falls are both secondary.

Northern Idaho has no law. Hence, lawyers not needed.

nealric

Post by nealric » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Idaho biglaw is way overrated. It's full of big city elites who think the world revolves around Idaho.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Foxxtrot

New

Post by Foxxtrot » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:55 pm

davipatr wrote:
ari20dal7 wrote:
Hey we mormons are nice folks, but if you really don't like to be around us, you won't find many in the North. Some, just like everywhere, but you could probably go several years in the pan handle and never run into one. And it is gorgeous. A lot more precipitation than the south, but it is also much greener and tons and tons of outdoor recreation if that is what you are into.
The northern part of Idaho is sandwiched in between Montana and Washington and bears much more resemblence to those places than Southeast (Mormon) Idaho. Boise also has a fairly heavy LDS presence, though nothing like the southeast.
Why don't you like us?
Image :lol:

davipatr

New

Post by davipatr » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Foxxtrot wrote:
davipatr wrote:
ari20dal7 wrote:
Why don't you like us?
Image :lol:
touche :oops:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”