GW w/ $$$ vs Temple w/ $$$ Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Zfrito

New

GW w/ $$$ vs Temple w/ $$$

Post by Zfrito » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:51 pm

So I have gotten a few acceptances, still waiting on a few more, but right now my top two options are Temple and GW. Both have offered me significant scholarships already so price is no longer a large concern. So I know GW is the higher ranked school but if my goal is to work in Philly is Temple the smarter choice? Does GW have any sort of presence in the Philly market?

cavalier1138

Re: GW w/ $$$ vs Temple w/ $$$

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:14 pm

What's your current LSAT/GPA?
What is your total COA at each school?
What are your career goals?

Zfrito

New

Post by Zfrito » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:47 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:What's your current LSAT/GPA?
What is your total COA at each school?
What are your career goals?
I was a 166 LSAT 3.6 GPA. I'm not Biglaw or bust I'd be happy at a mid size or small firm as long as my debts not crippling. Also have thought about a career in gov't or politics. Right now Temple is offering 25 out of 40 and GW is 30 out of 60 but I should hopefully be able to get more out of both, especially Temple.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Your goals (such as they are) are all over the place, so I'd recommend a retake to give you a school with better options. But regardless, neither school is a good option for you at the current price. You should only go to either of these schools with a full ride (or as close to it as you can reasonably get).

But this part concerns me:
Zfrito wrote:Also have thought about a career in gov't or politics.
If you want to be in politics, don't bother with law school. A JD is good for one thing and one thing only: becoming a lawyer. If you aren't sure that you want to be a lawyer, you're going to be wasting your time and money.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”