Letter of intent withdrawal Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Confusedlaw1234

New

Letter of intent withdrawal

Post by Confusedlaw1234 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 pm

I sent in my letter of intent to UT law school, but I recently decided it’s not the school for me. Can I get out of the letter of intent or is it binding? What are my options?

albanach

Gold

Re: Letter of intent withdrawal

Post by albanach » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:00 am

Confusedlaw1234 wrote:I sent in my letter of intent to UT law school, but I recently decided it’s not the school for me. Can I get out of the letter of intent or is it binding? What are my options?
What did you write? Did you write that you will attend in response to an offer such that they may rely on your promise?

Did you write a letter of continued interest having not heard back from the school?

Did the school ask you to write the letter?

It seems unlikely that, absent an early decision application, that you'd be bound to the school in any way, but you really don't provide enough information.

dropout

New

Post by dropout » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:20 am

It is highly likely that the letter is not binding. Even when schools waive the seat deposit with a seat deposit waiver form, in exchange for the student withdrawing from all other schools, the option remains to simply not attend any school that cycle.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:38 am

If you no longer want to attend UT, send a letter formally withdrawing your application.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”