UND vs. University of St. Thomas (MN) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Quick vote

UND
33%
UST
67%

Total votes: 3

reshtuy

New

UND vs. University of St. Thomas (MN)

Post by reshtuy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:17 pm

Trying to choose between UST or UND.

COA is around a $23,000 difference (UST more expensive) for the whole three years. I'll be financing mostly through loans.

I'm from the Twin Cities but have family in North Dakota. General career goal is prosecution. I'm open on where I want to practice. I would love to get to work in VA for family ties but I know with a midwest degree that isn't top 20 that is basically impossible. I have considered small rural practice from time to time too. Took LSAT only one time after virtually no studying (very stupid, regret it, bad summer).

I know the smarter option is probably take a year off, retake the LSAT and reapply, etc. but taking that option off the table, any opinions on one over the other I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

beinghuman

Re: UND vs. University of St. Thomas (MN)

Post by beinghuman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:53 am

You're basically asking people to tell you whether it's better to shoot yourself in the left foot or the right foot.

They're both VERY bad options, especially when you're taking out loans to finance your education.
The most likely outcome is that you will regret your decision should you move forward with this.

reshtuy wrote:Trying to choose between UST or UND.

COA is around a $23,000 difference (UST more expensive) for the whole three years. I'll be financing mostly through loans.

I'm from the Twin Cities but have family in North Dakota. General career goal is prosecution. I'm open on where I want to practice. I would love to get to work in VA for family ties but I know with a midwest degree that isn't top 20 that is basically impossible. I have considered small rural practice from time to time too. Took LSAT only one time after virtually no studying (very stupid, regret it, bad summer).

I know the smarter option is probably take a year off, retake the LSAT and reapply, etc. but taking that option off the table, any opinions on one over the other I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Unless you're going for close to free I would not recommend either option (I am a UMN grad).

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Why can’t you take a year off again?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”