Tennessee vs Miami Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
JoeyBG37

New

Tennessee vs Miami

Post by JoeyBG37 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:27 pm

I got a sizeable scholarship to UTK but was just accepted to Miami this morning. My dream job is to work for a small sports agency firm or a professional sports team/league. I feel like Miami would be the better option for that but (unless they give me scholarship) is vastly more expensive. Any advice? nb4 yes I know those jobs are a long shot but it's the dream gig. Why go to law school if you aren't going to chase the dream, yah know?

deadpanic

Silver

Re: Tennessee vs Miami

Post by deadpanic » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 pm

JoeyBG37 wrote:Why go to law school if you aren't going to chase the dream, yah know?
Because you will be in deep, non-dischargeable debt without either a job in general, or a job that cannot repay it. Neither is unlikely to help you being a sports agent.

What is the total cost of attendance of each?
Where are you from?
What kind of law do you want to practice? (sports law is not a thing unless you include defending a high school sports coach in a criminal defense matter)

Not trying to rain on your parade, but need to know.

beinghuman

Re: Tennessee vs Miami

Post by beinghuman » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:14 pm

Ditto.
'Chasing the dream' when it comes to low ranked schools and with unrealistic career goals is the most naive, and potentially life-wrecking, thing anyone can do. It means you have not done your research well; and therefore, in my opinion, should not be going to law school because you haven't even considered the potential consequences of your choices.
deadpanic wrote:
JoeyBG37 wrote:Why go to law school if you aren't going to chase the dream, yah know?
Because you will be in deep, non-dischargeable debt without either a job in general, or a job that cannot repay it. Neither is unlikely to help you being a sports agent.

What is the total cost of attendance of each?
Where are you from?
What kind of law do you want to practice? (sports law is not a thing unless you include defending a high school sports coach in a criminal defense matter)

Not trying to rain on your parade, but need to know.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”