Georgetown v Pitt Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Trendysettler

New

Georgetown v Pitt

Post by Trendysettler » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 pm

Hey guys! Got into Pitt Law with $25,000 scholarship (renewable all three years) but also got into Georgetown. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on paying sticker price for GULC or going to Pitt Law with a scholarship.

GULC tuition is $57,576 and Pitt Law tuition is $41,706 and I also have to take into account cost of living in DC being much high than in Pittsburgh.

I am in the process of choosing to either do public interest or go big law after graduation. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sifn32

New

Re: Georgetown v Pitt

Post by sifn32 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:24 pm

It would be helpful if you listed your GPA/LSAT. Without knowing your stats, I'm assuming if can get into Georgetown, you should be able to get no less than a full ride at Pitt. I would first try and get Pitt to go higher.

Trendysettler

New

Post by Trendysettler » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:06 pm

sifn32 wrote:It would be helpful if you listed your GPA/LSAT. Without knowing your stats, I'm assuming if can get into Georgetown, you should be able to get no less than a full ride at Pitt. I would first try and get Pitt to go higher.
Okay thanks!
My stats are 3.89 GPA and 160 LSAT.
So what do I do to get Pitt to go higher??

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 pm

Retake, raise your LSAT to like a 170, and go to GULC for free. How many times have you taken the Lsat?

I know you think you don't have time to retake the Lsat. But you do.

zil020511

New

Post by zil020511 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Do you know where you want to practice? Which school do you think will give you more of an advantage in this area? If there is an advantage, is it a significant one as to justify any associated cost?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 pm

Don't ruin that GPA. Get 10 more correct answers and have GT pay you to go to school there

nealric

Post by nealric » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 am

If you don't take the retake advice (you should), I don't see how this is even a question. Go to Georgetown. If Pitt was offering a no-conditions full ride with housing, that might require a bit more pause for consideration.

silenttimer

Bronze

Post by silenttimer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 am

nealric wrote:If you don't take the retake advice (you should), I don't see how this is even a question. Go to Georgetown. If Pitt was offering a no-conditions full ride with housing, that might require a bit more pause for consideration.
$250k is a lot of money to be in debt though. Yikes! :cry:

nealric

Post by nealric » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:47 pm

silenttimer wrote:
nealric wrote:If you don't take the retake advice (you should), I don't see how this is even a question. Go to Georgetown. If Pitt was offering a no-conditions full ride with housing, that might require a bit more pause for consideration.
$250k is a lot of money to be in debt though. Yikes! :cry:
It is, but it's nothing compared to a lifetime of underemployment. Even if it's not a lifetime of underemployment, the difference between starting off in biglaw and starting off in a small firm will erase that $250k difference within 3 years post grad.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”