Acceptance Notices Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
EdSheeranKnockoff

New

Acceptance Notices

Post by EdSheeranKnockoff » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Good Afternoon Friends,

Current 0L. GPA: 3.73 LSAT: 159

I posted earlier, but didn't really have any information. So now I'm returning with some numbers and notifications that will hopefully help both you and I. Below are the schools I applied to, the status of my application, and the amount I would be paying per year (tuition-scholarships).

Currently, I'm looking at Intellectual Property law, and Trust & Estate law.

University of Washington School of Law, Waitlisted, N/A
University of Colorado Law School, Accepted, N/A
University of Oregon School of Law, Accepted, $10,166
Brooklyn Law School, Accepted, $8,500
Lewis and Clark Law School, Accepted, $12,290
New York Law School, Accepted, $0
Seattle University School of Law, Accepted, $8,582
Syracuse University College of Law, Accepted, $9,966

In terms of area post law school, these schools all seem viable. I'm looking at the PNW, & New York City. Mostly I'm hoping those of you who have experience with these areas or school can way in with what job prospects might be, and general thoughts.

Special thank you to those who commented on the last post, your advice, and your thoughts thus far.

student4714

New

Re: Acceptance Notices

Post by student4714 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Brooklyn has a solid alumni network in NYC and a lot of firms do come to OCI on campus. That being said if you are not in the top 10% you are not in contention for Big-Law absent other factors like connections.

NYLS- with No scholarship not a good idea.

If NY is where you really want to be I'd negotiate with Brooklyn for a higher scholarship which they will give you. Also, make sure you get the "need-based grant."

As for the PNW I am useless to you because I'm an NY person.

GL

EdSheeranKnockoff

New

Post by EdSheeranKnockoff » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:21 am

student4714 wrote: NYLS- with No scholarship not a good idea.
Actually they gave me full tuition. Would you mind weighing in on whether or not you think that'd be a solid option?

Thanks for your input otherwise though, I appreciate it!

student4714

New

Post by student4714 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:02 pm

EdSheeranKnockoff wrote:
student4714 wrote: NYLS- with No scholarship not a good idea.
Actually they gave me full tuition. Would you mind weighing in on whether or not you think that'd be a solid option?

Thanks for your input otherwise though, I appreciate it!
I think it depends heavily on whether you want Biglaw in NY/ Biglaw in PNW/ Have no real preference.

Biglaw NY- I think Brooklyn is a best option here, though being in the top 10% is pretty much essential.
- I would look at the ABA 509 required disclosures for all these schools and compare there placement numbers. Also you can research firms themselves and see where they do OCI. If a lot of firms do OCI at a school the better your chances. (Chances at most of these schools are going to be limited compared to a T13-15)

Biglaw PNW- I a NY guy so I don't really have the background on this aside from the fact that Brooklyn is a good regional (AKA NY placement school and I don't think it has great placement power outside of NY.)

No-Preference for Biglaw- Choose the city you want to live in, the campus you like best, and the balance with COA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”