Full Ride Mercer vs. South Carolina Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lbisso

New

Full Ride Mercer vs. South Carolina

Post by lbisso » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:10 am

I was recently offered a full ride to Mercer Law, but am unsure of whether to accept or not. I am leaning more towards University of South Carolina where I would have in-state tuition and a $10k scholarship per year.

I am not interested in big law, but rather getting a good job coming out in an area that I enjoy.

Which one would have better employment prospects coming out? Any current students out there for either school that could share their opinions on whether they like the school or not?

Thank you!

Mr. Archer

Bronze

Re: Full Ride Mercer vs. South Carolina

Post by Mr. Archer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:31 am

If you want to stay in South Carolina, then go to South Carolina. You can look at employment statistics on Law School Transparency. SC's are better than Mercer's but not that amazing.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:25 am

What is a good job for you? Because at best, if you get any legal job at all, it will be like a small government gig paying 35k a year. Just fyi.

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:02 pm

As the previous poster said, USC if you want to work in SC.
sparkytrainer wrote:What is a good job for you? Because at best, if you get any legal job at all, it will be like a small government gig paying 35k a year. Just fyi.
This is true, and to expand on this, you mentioned that you wanted a job in an area you enjoy. Are you talking geographic area or practice area? Because if it is the latter, you likely will not have the luxury of choosing which area to practice in with limited job offers. Just keep that in mind.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”