Moritz Law vs Indiana Bloomington Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Malta93

New

Moritz Law vs Indiana Bloomington

Post by Malta93 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:41 pm

I have recently got admitted to both Moritz Law and Indiana Bloomington and I cannot decide what to choose. Those two schools were on the top of my list and I am basing my final decision on these two schools. Please consider the following:

1) Money is not an issue.
2) I have already a job with my current employer given that I pass law school and any state bar.
3) My background is engineering (Do not know if this would help).
4) My wife will be accompanying me during law school (Do not know if this is a factor either).

Thanks,

AJordan

Silver

Re: Moritz Law vs Indiana Bloomington

Post by AJordan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Do you want to work in Indiana or Ohio?
Last edited by AJordan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:59 pm

Yeah, I don't know what kind of input you want.

If money really isn't an issue, and you're guaranteed employment after school, then what do you want to know? You're basically taking a very expensive three-year vacation, so pick the location you want to spend that time in.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Are you in-state for either of them? If so, go to the one you are in-state for, since in-state tuition at both is cheaper than out of state. I know costs are not an issue, but if you're paying out of pocket then yeah..

If you're not in-state for any, and you truly have a job lined up 100%, then go to whichever you think you would be happier at.
Last edited by Mikey on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Since you’re picking for non-cost and outcome reasons, football will be better at Moritz, so go there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

icechicken

Bronze

Post by icechicken » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 pm

UVA2B wrote:Since you’re picking for non-cost and outcome reasons, football will be better at Moritz, so go there.
Better if you like crushing disappointment, maybe.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:24 am

Fortunately, you have the two main factors (job and money) resolved, so I would pick based on fit. Both schools offer great programs regionally and are strong schools within their respective regions. Personally (having lived in both Columbus and Bloomington) I think Columbus is a way more exciting place to live and you might have more exciting opportunities being in a state capitol, rather than a sleepy college town. Visit both schools during Admitted Students' Day and see which one you like better - given your situation I don't think you could pick wrong.

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 pm

floatie wrote:Fortunately, you have the two main factors (job and money) resolved, so I would pick based on fit. Both schools offer great programs regionally and are strong schools within their respective regions. Personally (having lived in both Columbus and Bloomington) I think Columbus is a way more exciting place to live and you might have more exciting opportunities being in a state capitol, rather than a sleepy college town. Visit both schools during Admitted Students' Day and see which one you like better - given your situation I don't think you could pick wrong.
Seconding. Columbus as a city is an exciting and up-and-coming place.

The law school itself is a little drab but the city is worthwhile.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”