American University or nowhere?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sky7

Re: American University or nowhere?

Postby sky7 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:15 pm

It's not that Mason is conservative. It's really not. It's just less liberal then every other law school.

mzing12

Postby mzing12 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:55 pm

This is still a tough decision. Is American's LRAP decent ... in conjunction with the crazy new federal LRAP?

Pizon

Postby Pizon » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:46 am

Resurrecting an old thread to ask what the parking situation is like at American. I know there's a parking lot that charges $8/day for visitors. Do students get free or discounted parking?

Bankhead

Postby Bankhead » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:20 pm

Pizon wrote:Resurrecting an old thread to ask what the parking situation is like at American. I know there's a parking lot that charges $8/day for visitors. Do students get free or discounted parking?

There is street parking if you are (1) lucky, (2) creative, and (3) willing to walk a bit of a distance.

trollhunter2

Postby trollhunter2 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:18 pm

philo-sophia wrote:
I'm going on 26, so I really don't want to start law school later than this... it's either this cycle, or no cycle.

I think this is a little extreme. I'm going on 28 and if my LSAT could go up another 5 points i'd definitely wait one more cycle. What's one year in the grand scheme of things. Let's say you take a year, boost your LSAT by three points and in the meantime you work for a non-profit in the public service sector where the experience will serve you well after law school. Next year, you apply with a better LSAT, a stronger resume, plenty of fodder for your personal statement and some connections waiting for you when you get out.

In four years when you're graduating from GW and starting a job you consider rewarding do you really think you'll wish you had gone to American to graduate one year earlier? What about ten years from now, when your career has been substantially more rewarding and successful than might have been the case coming from American? I'm just trying to provide a healthy dose of perspective which i think can be easy to lose in this process.

Converesly, score could remain the same or even go down. It's uncertain and I know the feeling all to well.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue May 01, 2012 12:57 pm

trollhunter2 wrote:
philo-sophia wrote:
I'm going on 26, so I really don't want to start law school later than this... it's either this cycle, or no cycle.

I think this is a little extreme. I'm going on 28 and if my LSAT could go up another 5 points i'd definitely wait one more cycle. What's one year in the grand scheme of things. Let's say you take a year, boost your LSAT by three points and in the meantime you work for a non-profit in the public service sector where the experience will serve you well after law school. Next year, you apply with a better LSAT, a stronger resume, plenty of fodder for your personal statement and some connections waiting for you when you get out.

In four years when you're graduating from GW and starting a job you consider rewarding do you really think you'll wish you had gone to American to graduate one year earlier? What about ten years from now, when your career has been substantially more rewarding and successful than might have been the case coming from American? I'm just trying to provide a healthy dose of perspective which i think can be easy to lose in this process.

Converesly, score could remain the same or even go down. It's uncertain and I know the feeling all to well.

Nothing like hawking advice to a 2 year old thread.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:00 pm

This is like a window into another time.

But the rule is: don't fucking necro 4 year old threads.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”